Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 12:41   #13051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I think its just the pre diwali office rush with everyone trying to get to work before taking a long break.

My typical timings are:
YPR - 6:45 am
Trinity - 7.00 - 7.05 am
HAL Police station - 7.20 am
Yemlur - 7.30 am
Graphite India - 7.45 am
From Trinity to Graphite India you take 40 minutes. However in my case its less than 30mins. My timings are as follows:

Home to Double road flyover - 10mins
Home to BYPL metro station - 20-22mins
Home to Office near Prestige Shantiniketan - 38-45mins

In this case, HAL airport road adds around 10-20min easily.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 13:15   #13052
Distinguished - BHPian

We have seen multiple deaths on bangalore city roads due to pot-holes. But, looks like neither BTP nor BBMP will learn the lesson. This is on the busy Bannergahtta road where they have dug the road for some work but didn't even bother to keep barricades and make it safer for road users. Road users may miss this,especially during night time . Hulimavu police stations is just 1 Km away and the traffic police station is 2Kms away. But, still no action has been taken on this. And they believe those green leaves(which is no more green anyways) will help to alert the road users.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.png
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 14:04   #13053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
People exiting the NICE road and entering the EC, beware. A huge pile up right from about half km before the NICE exit toll gate; whereas the road below the elevated flyover is relatively empty.
Same pile up today also, but the road below was no better. I use my two wheeler to commute to work in e city. I was somehow able to negotiate the traffic. I pity the folks who use cars to commute. The junction where the nice road ramp meets phase 1 signal light is horrible. There is mass confusion and chaos.
Old 28th October 2016, 08:26   #13054
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this on another forum. Posted an hour back.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20161028082330373.jpeg
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 08:32   #13055
Distinguished - BHPian

2 Cabs involved in a collision on Cubbon road kamraj road intersection near army public school. looked very bad. 1 qualis had flipped on its side just in front of the median and the other (qualis i think) had managed to ram into a pole in a very weird angle. Dont have pictures as there was quiet a bit of jam in the morning with cabs stopping all over the place and morning walkers snapping pics.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 09:12   #13056
Distinguished - BHPian

There was a huge Traffic jam in EC signal yesterday evening. Some of our office cabs were stuck in that for at least an hour. My cab driver got this information form his 'contacts' and took us via Jigani. Although it was a longer route and we reached home 30 minutes late, we had reached earlier than the other cabs plying on the same route but took the main EC road.

With every Deepavali, this being the case, how can I wish "Happy Deepavali" to anyone!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 12:22   #13057
Senior - BHPian

BTP has already issued "warnings" & diversions due to Deepavali rush expected at the Majestic/KBS areas.
Old 28th October 2016, 17:01   #13058
Distinguished - BHPian

at 3PM today doddanekundi was a mess & now it seems to be bleeding red all the way till Maratahalli underpass. Decided to drive through the city and every where it seemed like traffic was crawling. Managed to take the by lanes of Indranagar and get to cantt only to get stuck on tumkur road thanks to all the out station busses.

Anyone planning to head towards Nelamangala from the city i.e via IISC, Malleswaram, Rajajinagar etc. please use alternate routes as YPR flyover is choked right from IISC underpass and if you manage to cross that, then you again get stuck in a big mess right from the downramp towards tumkur road
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 18:07   #13059
Senior - BHPian

Heavy traffic towards silk board from Bellandur.
Crawling for a while, not sure when I'll hit Mysore road.
Old 28th October 2016, 18:48   #13060
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if this was posted by someone earlier..
Last sunday around 4am on the BETL I saw at least 20-30 flower pots knocked down from their position on the median and broken, making the right lane unusable. Definitely looked like some vandalism at play
Old 28th October 2016, 19:10   #13061
Senior - BHPian

Anyone observing the mad jam at the yamalur junction in the night around 11pm? Cabs coming from Doddanekundi main road jam up the crossing even though they don't have a way forward and the jam on the oil airport road comes up till the museum. Sadly, Never seen a traffic police man there after 10pm, its the locals and few motorists who take it upon themselves to clear the jam.
Old 28th October 2016, 22:22   #13062
Distinguished - BHPian

Today can be called the worst day of commute for me. I knew this would be a bad day and decided to take my two wheeler out to work today. Yet, it ended up in a two hour commute back home plus adding to that I left late from office, at 640PM. In order to take HAL airport road, I continued straight from Chinnappanahalli Railway gate towards Marathahalli bridge parallel to the railway track. This stretch was a mere 1km and it took nearly 25mins to clear since everyone here lacked the common sense that they should leave space for opposite vehicles to pass. I sticked to the left while the two wheelers which had jumped the queue to the right had blocked opposite vehicles. This led to lot of abuses and fights. It ended up in the people getting off their bikes, leaving control to the pillion and literally fighting their way out on their foot.

Then as I came towards Marathahalli, I see a huge traffic jam and endless queue of vehicles beyond spice garden. Changed my mind and decided to go via ORR, through SGR Dental college road. If Chinnappanahalli was one experience, the railway gate on SGR dental college road is the father of it. Realised the gate was closed as I neared a few meters away from it, and then parked my vehicle to the side to take a cool drink and snack break.

This road is narrower, and the common sense situation is even worse here. People had occupied the entire road on both sides. Since I was near the gate itself, I realised this was not working. It took one packet of chips and a bottle of cool drink to go through the entire fiasco, before vehicles could start to move. And by vehicles I mean two wheelers. Forget cars, I wonder if they could even move by the time the next train came. After my snack break, which was for a good 15mins, I could make my way out in a sane manner though I was only a shop length away from the railway gate.

After that, as a relief, I was greeted with an empty ORR with no jams until the regular pile up at silk board. Somehow navigated through HSR bylanes and cleared the signal, after which the rest of the journey was eventless.

After roaming these areas for the first time, I realised that these areas were meant to stay as villages. Even techies carrying laptop backpacks have zero common sense. What on earth do they sit and do at work if they cant figure out that if they need to move, they need to let the opposite lane to move? Rather than civilizing these villages, people commuting/living in these areas have screwed up whatever basic sense even villagers had though they earlier had limited access to education.

Even now, it takes a tea vendor to sort out a traffic mess created by the so called 'educated' class of people. Go and flush down those degrees and marks cards down the toilet. And the uneducated have a tendency to learn from others. If these educated morons teach them such behaviour, they follow it. Finally, it will come to a point when physical abuse is required to discipline people. Today, I saw it being verbal, but the day is not far when there will be clashes in between two groups of people on either side of a railway crossing once the gate opens. Then we will have posts on how Bangalore traffic is full of goons waiting to fight. Truth is, no one cares about the background. That never comes to light.

Coming to the development in these areas, I am not sure who will even choose to build and buy apartments and houses in congested areas. You are both spoiling the existing system, as well as building yourself a bad environment full of dust and pollution. Felt bad to see so much of dust and smoke and pollution from vehicles idling their way through the whole mess.

If this trend continues, at least the so called IT Corridor of bangalore from Silk Board to KR Puram will become unliveable in a few months, forget years. Then the disease will spread to other parts of the city as well. Please develop, and spread this degree called common sense. That will do a lot to improve the general traffic attitude. Not sure how much more I want to rant, but will end it here.
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 00:40   #13063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If this trend continues, at least the so called IT Corridor of bangalore from Silk Board to KR Puram will become unliveable in a few months, forget years. Then the disease will spread to other parts of the city as well.
Um, I'm not sure if its my low tolerance for basically anything that is bad, defunct, simply a lost cause or if its a point of view thing, but I feel all the things written above have already happened and has been happening for the past whole year, if not more. Let me substantiate :

- Two useless flyovers constructed near Y-Junction (splitting Sarjapur and Bellandur) and near HSR BDA Complex respectively in a bid to decongest. All it did was lead to mile long queues starting at the end of the flyover to the infamous Silk Board Junction.

- Old Airport Road a direct casualty of the development in Marathalli and Bellandur. This ring-of-death-road has destroyed every area it passes by like the plague.

- Foaming piss-pools formerly known as lakes.. a sight to behold.

- Whitefield is now black fields of soot and smoke.

- BTM Layout destroyed thanks to the traffic from the aye-tee zones.

- Jayanagar is killed off as well.. mile long queues starting from both entry points.. the one from Dairy Circle Flyover and the one through BTM.

- Indiranagar is finished.. thanks to the much needed Metro from Byapanahalli to M.G Road (what a savior!) and also due to Old Airport Road and Ulsoor Road.

- M.G Road and Brigade Road are no more the same, thanks to the Metro, Ulsoor Road traffic and of course, the usual locusts called motorists.

- There was a time where we could do jogging/walking in Cubbon Park after parking inside for free.. today impossible. Travel there is troublesome too thanks to jams at Nrupatunga Road, Lavelle Road and Richmond Road.

- Electronics City was a pleasurable drive at any time of the day, I personally made it from the Silk Board area to Phase 1 in 15-20 mins time, flat during off-peak hours. We used to complain if it took an hour or so to reach Madiwala.. today its average time taken I've heard.

The slow, systematic, planned + unplanned destruction of the city is in progress as we speak. That glorious monument called the steel flyover which will lay to waste 900 trees is a small part of it. Unchecked growth of population, rampant increase of Uber cabs, autos, two-wheelers, citizens (mostly the new ones) who couldn't care less and a system that just wants to bleed us dry.

I promised myself I wouldn't comment about this city again but I couldn't help it this time.
dark.knight is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2016, 22:17   #13064
Senior - BHPian

I came across this graph and it shows where Bangalore is going. Looks like we have hit the abyss. It can't get any more red.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20161025-12.33.42-pm.jpeg
msdivy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 16:22   #13065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I came across this graph and it shows where Bangalore is going. Looks like we have hit the abyss. It can't get any more red.
With more ambitious project like steel flyover, the entire map of bangalore will be bleeding red. We are in October. In the nights there is hardly any chillness. If this is the situation in October, imagine what is in store for us in summer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks