Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2016, 20:27   #13066
JD1
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Quick update - roads around Somasandrapalya being relaid in the next few days. Expect traffic snarls till all complete, but after that it will be a blessing to have some sort of tarmac under the wheels!
Are these the roads around Vibgyor school? Do you know if the work is done or still in progress?
Old 1st November 2016, 13:12   #13067
Senior - BHPian

Today I had to travel on ORR at around 9. What a blissful drive ! Hardly any people on road, in fact any people on sidewalks at all. I had to rub my eyes to check if indeed I am still diving in India.
Old 1st November 2016, 13:44   #13068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Today I had to travel on ORR at around 9. What a blissful drive ! Hardly any people on road, in fact any people on sidewalks at all. I had to rub my eyes to check if indeed I am still diving in India.
You bet! Sat in the car, took it out for a drive, didn't know where to go. Then realised that the roads were so empty, I drove around six kms all the way to my preferred FNG, got the car washed and came back all in an hour

Else this would have been a half day programme for me. Someone please seal those entry points to the city. Feeling depressed to know that the good times end by evening. This is the actual population number Bengaluru can ideally handle.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 14:47   #13069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This is the actual population number Bengaluru can ideally handle.
Exactly my thought as i was driving to office. total of 13 kms in 25 mins and absolutely blissful. By the end of my journey, it did dawn on me that the next time this will repeat is another 2 months away
Old 1st November 2016, 15:44   #13070
Senior - BHPian

Not any more

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20161101wa0001.jpg

Sorry, I am also going to be one among that heavy return.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 18:47   #13071
BHPian

The service road from Sony Centre to Whitefeather on Hosur road, is now one-way. Vehicles are allowed only in the direction towards city. BTP has barricaded the roads and has left space for a single car/SUV to pass through. I believe, this would be the beginning of making the service roads oneway on hosur road. I stay on hosur road and now will have to bear the brunt of EC phase 1 signal to reach home
The people coming from Manipal county road and going to EC, would have to now get on to hosur main road and take a u-turn at hosa junction and proceed to EC

Last edited by john.gt : 1st November 2016 at 18:48. Reason: corrections
john.gt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 19:58   #13072
Senior - BHPian

I realised even if our country gets best of roads & best of cars, unless people don't have road sense & manners, this country will remain hopeless!
Those who are familiar with the Ring Road connecting Hebbal & Yeshwantpur, near to Yeshwantpur there is a double Railway crossing, where the flyover is under construction for ages, as a result road is narrowed to just 2 lanes (1 lane 1 way). If the railway crossing is closed (gets closed frequently as it is Pune/Mumbai line), instead of waiting in 1 or max 2 lanes, those stupid cabbies, car owners & mini-trucks etc. overtake from right or left and pile up into 5 - 6 lanes now imagine once the railway gate is opened, all hell break loose, vehicles in those 5 - 6 lanes jostle each other to one single lane on both the sides
Normally, I avoid that stretch & go via Mekhri circle & IISC, but since it was a holiday yesterday (31-Oct), thought the traffic would be less and took the risk of taking this horrendous stretch. Thank heavens I managed to cross that railway crossing without any nicks & dents, all the while cursing those morons in damn s**t hurry!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 20:23   #13073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
there is a double Railway crossing, where the flyover is under construction for ages, as a result road is narrowed to just 2 lanes (1 lane 1 way)
Never ever take that stretch. You are better off taking HMT - BEL circle anyday. And this issue of traffic blocking all lanes is true for any railway crossing. All it takes is 1 moron in a 3 wheeler to start the queue on the wrong side. I sometimes take the railway crossing on the malleswaram side and it's even worse there because on one side it's a straight road leading to the railway crossing while on the other side it's a T junction. Everything comes to a dead halt for 15-20 minutes after the gate had been opened :(
procrj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2016, 23:48   #13074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
The service road from Sony Centre to Whitefeather on Hosur road, is now one-way. Vehicles are allowed only in the direction towards city. BTP has barricaded the roads and has left space for a single car/SUV to pass through. I believe, this would be the beginning of making the service roads oneway on hosur road. I stay on hosur road and now will have to bear the brunt of EC phase 1 signal to reach home
The people coming from Manipal county road and going to EC, would have to now get on to hosur main road and take a u-turn at hosa junction and proceed to EC

It was closed from the other end as well (at the entrance to NICE road on the same service road). There was a wedding party at White feather; not sure if this was the reason. Could not think of any other reason.
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:35   #13075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
It was closed from the other end as well (at the entrance to NICE road on the same service road). There was a wedding party at White feather; not sure if this was the reason. Could not think of any other reason.
It is made oneway by BTP on an experimental basis. Thanks to sudden change and "disciplined" driving by fellow drivers, it took 45 mins from my home next to sony centre till Hosa junction (distance of less than a km).
The scene was like a competition for the coveted prize of the worst bad driver of the day.

The main road and the service road was clogged and there were no policeman in sight. I just pray to God that they take the one-way off else it will be even worse in the evening.
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:29   #13076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Exactly my thought as i was driving to office. total of 13 kms in 25 mins and absolutely blissful. By the end of my journey, it did dawn on me that the next time this will repeat is another 2 months away

Bengaluru traffic is back to its glory from today. At 7am HAL signal was jam packed, not due to traffic but due to cabbies in TT, winger, indica et al driving like maniac in all directions possible blocking everyone at the junction. Also add school buses and BMTC to the melee.
Old 2nd November 2016, 13:46   #13077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
It is made oneway by BTP on an experimental basis. Thanks to sudden change and "disciplined" driving by fellow drivers, it took 45 mins from my home next to sony centre till Hosa junction (distance of less than a km).
The scene was like a competition for the coveted prize of the worst bad driver of the day.

The main road and the service road was clogged and there were no policeman in sight. I just pray to God that they take the one-way off else it will be even worse in the evening.
Yup. Noticed the same today early morning, ~6AM. Never got time to post it here.

I hope they stop this "experiment" right away. I cant imagine the chaos this will create in the evening.
Old 2nd November 2016, 14:59   #13078
BHPian

Quite horrible at e-city phase one signal today. My office is opposite to Velankani and I use nice road to commute to e city. After I got off the Nice road ramp towards ecity phase 1, Hosur road was barricaded. I had to go all the way till phase 2, take the ramp towards phase 1 and then reach Velankani via Siemens office. Is this going to be permanent ?
Old 2nd November 2016, 16:41   #13079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
I hope they stop this "experiment" right away. I cant imagine the chaos this will create in the evening.
The "experiment" is stopped and the service road is made 2 way again from afternoon.But not sure for how long.
Even I tweeted to BTP today morning about how much chaos it had created.

Last edited by BulZire : 2nd November 2016 at 16:46.
BulZire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:00   #13080
Senior - BHPian

Alert: Refuel your car if you are running low on fuel or planning for long weekend trip. While driving to office, I heard on FM Radio that Fuel Pumps may be out of stock. Read this news: Dry run? - Dealer's protest: Fuel supply likely to be hit today, tomorrow.

Last edited by airbus : 3rd November 2016 at 10:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks