Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:20   #13081
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
The "experiment" is stopped and the service road is made 2 way again from afternoon.But not sure for how long.
Even though the service roads are made two way, the right turn towards EC phase 1 in the Hosur road is still barred. People existing the NICE road ramp intending to enter EC phase 1 will have torrid time. Really not sure of the rationale behind this. The NICE road ramp is still choked since the service roads are two way now.
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:47   #13082
BHPian

This is a query:

Has anybody tried out this route to the airport?

How is the road condition? Is it safe? How is the traffic on this route?
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:56   #13083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I have driven once earlier this year and roads were good. You will find a lot of cab traffic as this is a route taken by a lot of folks who are travelling from Hope farm side to the airport. I drove during the day and it was ok but I am not sure what the condition is during the night. Apart from budigere cross and devanahalli, you should not encounter any kind of jams. Another alternate route but you will find more traffic on this route as again its frequented by cabbies and folks living behind Manyata & Jakkur.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:05   #13084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Alert: Refuel your car if you are running low on fuel or planning for long weekend trip. While driving to office, I heard on FM Radio that Fuel Pumps may be out of stock. Read this news: Dry run? - Dealer's protest: Fuel supply likely to be hit today, tomorrow.
Additional information about the petroleum dealers protest on this photo (received on WhatsApp).
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-pp.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2016, 13:53   #13085
BHPian

I filled up my fuel tank on the way to office today at 10.30 AM.
Almost all fuel stations were open and even when I inquired if tomorrow or day after is closed, the answer was "mostly no".
Anyway, better to tank up today if not done already.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:58   #13086
BHPian

Quote:
This is a query:

I returned from KIA via this route last Tuesday. Roads are in general in good condition. The first few KM where you take a right from NH 648 in Devanahalli has some potholes. No security issues to worry about.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:11   #13087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a query:

I have taken the right-hand most route (Hoskote side) and found it to be a peaceful semi-rural route but frequented with the ATF tankers travelling to-and-fro KIAL & Devangonthi.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:22   #13088
BHPian

Quote:
This is a query:

This is my usual route to the airport from my home in whitefield.
I have taken it at all times of the day and have not faced any security issues so far.
From hoskote, it is a 2 laned road with no divider. The road condition is mostly good, but you will have to watch out for the really huge speed bumps.

There are no traffic jams once you cross kadugodi and most of the traffic is cabs and trucks. I have seen that the traffic inside devanahalli town can be a little slow moving during peak hours though, but nothing much to be concerned about.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 07:40   #13089
Distinguished - BHPian

Due to closing of exit from Service lane at Garvebhavipalya Junction(EC Phase 1), it has not only affected those heading towards EC Phase 1 soon after getting down from the NICE Ramp but has also ensured that local residents along the service road have a harrowing time to get to the other side of the road.

Their only options are 2:

-Head to EC Phase 2 Entry, take the U Ramp at the BETL EC Phase 2 Toll booth and get to the other side

- Continue on the Service road towards Silkboard but take a U-Turn soon after crossing the NICE Ramp above

Cops have opened the barricades here to 'facilitate' U-Turns on this busy road and you can see even Concrete mixers are making use of this facility.

What is restricted and what is the alternate:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ec-phase-1-junction.jpg

The closing of Service lane exits at Garvebhavipalya Junction:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20161102_124921.jpg

The opening of barricades to take U-Turns:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20161102_124630.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:34   #13090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
I filled up my fuel tank on the way to office today at 10.30 AM.
Almost all fuel stations were open and even when I inquired if tomorrow or day after is closed, the answer was "mostly no".
Anyway, better to tank up today if not done already.
No fuel stations will be closed. Dealers will only stop purchasing fuel from the companies for 2 days. they'll however continue to sell till stocks last and usually stocks will last for 4 days. Even when there is a price hike expected, it is only the "no stock" board that will come up

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Due to closing of exit from Service lane at Garvebhavipalya Junction(EC Phase 1), it has not only affected those heading towards EC Phase 1 soon after getting down from the NICE Ramp but has also ensured that local residents along the service road have a harrowing time to get to the other side of the road.
Overall a bad and confusing move to create more jams. But the road users are equally responsible for this. Wrong side driving, zero respect for traffic rules all have caused this. from the closing of u turns on the main highway near biocon and narayana hrudayalaya which happened long back, till this experiment of closing service road entry/exit at junctions, it is the senseless road users who are responsible IMO.

Quote:
-Head to EC Phase 2 Entry, take the U Ramp at the BETL EC Phase 2 Toll booth and get to the other side
These ramps are also not built well IMO, to enter the U ramp from the bus depot side to go to EC phase 1 side, you have to take a u turn.
same while coming from EC Phase 1 (Nitte side) and if you want to go to NICE road side on the service road, you have to take a Uturn. All these unnecessary u turns slow down traffic

Quote:
Cops have opened the barricades here to 'facilitate' U-Turns on this busy road and you can see even Concrete mixers are making use of this facility.
Blocking the service roads at junction and giving a u turn at other places, slows down the main highway traffic. finally nothing improves

PS: paragsachania, Don't you think you should replace your windshield?
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:45   #13091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
PS: paragsachania, Don't you think you should replace your windshield?
Will pass on the message to my colleague :-).

We were returning from Trend Automotive after getting a quote for the damage suffered to this Tata Manza due to an accident including some body panel damage.

I was the co-passenger and clicked these from that seat.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:58   #13092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I realised even if our country gets best of roads & best of cars, unless people don't have road sense & manners, this country will remain hopeless!
Road sense and manners, are more important than good roads. With co-operative and considerate driving and by obeying all rules even the worst of roads may seem manageable, perhaps even enjoyable. All motorists act selfish and suddenly swerve, slide, and brake to avoid all rough portions of the tarmac and cause immense nuisance and heartache to others behind them.

We begin to imagine that if the roads were flat, shiny and smooth, perhaps these problems wont exist but no, again we'll have vehicles swerve, slide and brake, along with overspeeding, cutting lanes and sliding very close to take full "advantage" of the flat, shiny and smooth roads.

The country motorists are like Black & Deckers.. they screw us eitherway.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:04   #13093
Senior - BHPian

Don't know why - but I managed to reach Whitefield from EC in 45mins today !! Lesser number of vehicles on road? Did the potential threat of a fuel pump strike forced many folks to "work from home"??
Old 4th November 2016, 11:25   #13094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Don't know why - but I managed to reach Whitefield from EC in 45mins today !! Lesser number of vehicles on road? Did the potential threat of a fuel pump strike forced many folks to "work from home"??
That could be one of the factors. Still the bulk of the population has not come back from their vacations.
Moreover people who work with US customers will be aware of the fact that coming tuesday is holiday in the US on the account of elections.
So we can expect folks out there to bunk on Monday so that they get 4 days at a stretch.
That being the case may be some of the folks back in India might extend their vacation till Tuesday.
Old 4th November 2016, 11:37   #13095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Moreover people who work with US customers will be aware of the fact that coming tuesday is holiday in the US on the account of elections.
So we can expect folks out there to bunk on Monday so that they get 4 days at a stretch.
Now you are giving me ideas .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks