Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 08:56   #13771
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

In the morning I saw a Eicher truck mounted dead straight on the divider opposite RMZ millenia, after Ulsoor lake. Not sure how it got there, but the way the bus is perched is so perfect, and exact half of it is on either side of the road. If they plan to remove it it could create some jams on that stretch of the road.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 11:32   #13772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
In the morning I saw a Eicher truck mounted dead straight on the divider opposite RMZ millenia, after Ulsoor lake. Not sure how it got there, but the way the bus is perched is so perfect, and exact half of it is on either side of the road. If they plan to remove it it could create some jams on that stretch of the road.
Just kidding, but was it a truck or a bus that you saw? Did it began as a truck on one side of the divider and end up as a bus on the other ?
dailydriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 12:21   #13773
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Just kidding, but was it a truck or a bus that you saw? Did it began as a truck on one side of the divider and end up as a bus on the other ?
Sorry for the miss, that was an Eicher truck like I said. Used to reporting BMTC bus breakdowns so that somehow rolled down the keyboard.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 07:59   #13774
BHPian

Cement carrying Lorry break down at Indian oil petrol station Jn ( between Agara Jn and HSR BDA flyover ) on the lane towards Silkboard. Expect traffic pile up shortly.
sureshurs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 13:44   #13775
Senior - BHPian

Dear Bengalureans, let us stop our rants for a while and give a big hand to the winner of the Overall Safe City award in the Road Safety Index survey conducted by Maruti Suzuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Meanwhile, Bangalore was named the winning city in overall road safety parameter...ratings.
Yes, the winner is Namma Bengaluru. Can't believe it? Have a look at this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...-8-cities.html

Last edited by dailydriver : 21st March 2017 at 14:10.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 14:43   #13776

To be fair, we hardly go fast enough to have a crash in the first place.

The worst anybody can do in our traffic is probably a minor fender bender, which is shrugged off and not reported 90% of the time.
ashwinsadeep is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:53   #13777
Senior - BHPian

As tweeted by @DCPTrEastBCP, this is made to explain towing procedures of BTP to the general public.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:59   #13778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
In my morning commute, I passed through seven spots where there was rigorous checking going on. It was a shock for me since usually I have rarely seen cops early in the morning unless there was a VIP movement

The ticketing target has been achieved it seems, I don't see many cops now; or, am I mistaken and they've shifted to some other part of Bengaluru?
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:37   #13779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
The ticketing target has been achieved it seems, I don't see many cops now; or, am I mistaken and they've shifted to some other part of Bengaluru?
Looks like it. I wouldnt say that they have all gone back to standby, but not as aggressive as last week. Yesterday and today, I did see them at most of the usual points in the evenings, but not in the early morning as before. But let me be optimistic, it has instilled some sense of discipline among road users. The regulars now no longer try to skip signals or stop ahead of the line. There are a few pricks here and there, but who cares.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:11   #13780
Senior - BHPian

Cops were being just as aggressive on enforcement this morning - caused a mini jam in front of Christ College, Hosur Road. Everyone who had violated a rule was being pulled over. No exceptions.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:14   #13781
Senior - BHPian

What's with the traffic pile up on the jakkasandra - agara - iblur stretch this week? It used to be there daily but this week its been relatively high. Today I got stuck right from jakkasandra signal all the way till sarjapur signal and it took me 1 hour to traverse this stretch. I didnt hear about any accident or anything on the ORR but still the traffic was quite dense.
Old 23rd March 2017, 14:54   #13782
BHPian

Avoid palace road and surrounding areas. God knows what procession / rally is going on, been stuck here for an hour now.

Last edited by createrkid : 23rd March 2017 at 14:57.
createrkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 15:53   #13783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Avoid palace road and surrounding areas. God knows what procession / rally is going on, been stuck here for an hour now.
JDS Rally at Palace Grounds, BTP on twitter had advised the public to take alternate routes
kannan666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 07:07   #13784
Senior - BHPian

We Bengalureans are an aggrieved lot, specially when it comes to traffic and pollution. We blame the administrators, planners, politicians and most frequently the police.

In the future, we may as well rebuke our own cars for these ills. Here's how/why.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-24_03_2017_028_008_003.jpg

Source: TOI

PS: Call me a skeptic, but somehow I am convinced that when cars start talking to each other (V2V communication), they will invariably assume the tone of their owners. For instance, a VIP car will speak with a lot more haughtiness/self importance than one owned by an average joe.

On a serious note, do you think any of the aforementioned solutions can ease traffic congestion in Bengaluru?

Last edited by dailydriver : 24th March 2017 at 07:11.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 07:27   #13785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
PS: Call me a skeptic, but somehow I am convinced that when cars start talking to each other (V2V communication), they will invariably assume the tone of their owners. For instance, a VIP car will speak with a lot more haughtiness/self importance than one owned by an average joe.

On a serious note, do you think any of the aforementioned solutions can ease traffic congestion in Bengaluru?
Nope, nope & nope. ALL the above mentioned solutions are propaganda, and about hearding the humans in the name of safety (since we are incapable of thinking for ourselves and safeguarding ourselves let us hire machines to do it for us). Here's a simple, sad fact, anything software and electronically controlled can be tweaked or modified, the recent leaks on how CIA is probing us via every lens possible and connecting us circuitously (email-phone linkage+phone camera+phone-car linkage+phone-wallet linkage etc) just so that they can have total power on us, has already shown what their end intent is.

So basically this is what ToI envisions for India - we sit and the car controls everything, the lane changes, the radar assisted distance braking, the signal co-ordination etc, good for safety perhaps, but zero control and zero power. Not to mention that the roads will become an electromagnetic minefield, there will be massive amounts of EMF required to charge a car under a signal from a distance of 10-15 feet. These health-risks can be debated till eternity with the believers believing and the others not-believing so let me not go there (I did read articles & videos proving that its adverse to health).

Yes there are considerable risks in self-driving, each person has his/her own mind and every turn today, is scary to be frank. The solution though isn't in taking away control from a LOT of human beings and putting it squarely in the hands of a few. There's an all-new disaster waiting to happen here.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks