Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:31   #14221
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How long would the metro ride from Yelachanahalli to Byapanhalli take ? With a changeover at Majestic.

I'm talking of peak hours like 8 am from Yelachanahalli . About 45 mins ?
Yes, Yelachanahalli to Majestic takes 20 min. You can budget about 5 min for the change over, it is just one level difference. Another 20 min from Majestic to Byapanahalli. The frequency of the trains during peak hours is very good.

Last edited by aravindr : 22nd June 2017 at 15:33.
aravindr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 12:19   #14222
Senior - BHPian

New Metro Feeder routes announced by BMTC :

http://bengaluru.citizenmatters.in/m...es-trips-19258
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 17:38   #14223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Takes me 50 Minutes for onward - 38 Kms & 70 Minutes for return & 57 kms via NICE till PESIT exit.
What app you are using? Can you please share the details?
Old 25th June 2017, 21:47   #14224
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This weekend, driving around in Bangalore has been so easy and peaceful, thanks to the holiday weekend and metro phase 1 being completely operational. Hoping the metro will help ease weekday traffic inside the city, keeping fingers crossed
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 23:02   #14225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This weekend, driving around in Bangalore has been so easy and peaceful, thanks to the holiday weekend and metro phase 1 being completely operational. Hoping the metro will help ease weekday traffic inside the city, keeping fingers crossed
Yesterday me and my friends went to MG Road and came back in car and that was just effortless. But I guess it's due to the weekend. Just everyone has set out of town including us Not sure how the scene will be at entry points tomorrow when everyone returns. I can see restless tourists driving like crazy and trying to cover a big list of places and fulfilling a bunch of habits. So when they return tomorrow, the traffic might come back to normal aka chaos.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 17:10   #14226
Senior - BHPian

Can I ask a question.

Saw this pic on an fb page. Does anybody know which flyover in Bangalore is this?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-14525100_1571998169541378_1220757655091527667_o.jpg
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 17:15   #14227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Can I ask a question.

Saw this pic on an fb page. Does anybody know which flyover in Bangalore is this?
]
Looks like the domlur flyover taken from carlton towers.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 20:44   #14228
Distinguished - BHPian

So as usual the crowds are coming back to Bangalore. Heavy rush in toll booths and Fastag seemed to be a joke except in two places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Can I ask a question.

Attachment 1651314
Its the domlur flyover as Rajeev has rightly told. The outer loop is my daily refresher while coming back from office since it is empty and I get to take a high speed corner Good place for couples actually
Old 26th June 2017, 21:57   #14229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
So as usual the crowds are coming back to Bangalore. Heavy rush in toll booths and Fastag seemed to be a joke except in two places.
From Madurai only, the following had fasttag working, problem due to less incoming cars:
Kozhinjipatti
Velanchettiyur
Rasamapalayam
Omalur
Thopur
Krishnagiri
Attibele
EC

I left madurai at 9:50 AM, reached koramangala by 3:40 without a stopover.

Rgds,
Vinod
Mr_Bean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 08:22   #14230
Distinguished - BHPian

JAM ALERT:

Left lane has been dug up between ABB Junction and Netapp. Pile up almost reaching Phoenix Market city. Avoid the route and take Goshala road, come back to ABB Junction and take right to go towards Shantiniketan/ITPL. That lane is clear.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 17:36   #14231
Senior - BHPian

A bit of "Research & Analysis" was done by me during the last 7-8 days. The whole idea of the exercise was to figure out how much bare minimum time would be taken for my journeys from Home to Office. Was there a time frame in which if I leave home, I may have reached early?

First part was the data collation. I installed Speedometer GPS application on my phone. It allowed me to track the route, and also gave a very detailed data dump. Then I brushed up my Java skills, to write down programs with which I could tabulate the data better.

Below is a small chart which I prepared with the data I had at hand. With a sample data for 6 days, what I could figure out was that if I leave before 09:30Hrs, then I take slightly less than an hour to reach the office parking lot. Journeys started after 09:30Hrs, seems to be taking slightly more longer.

I also tried to start really early at 08:08Hrs but still it took me an hour to reach office. The reason was major traffic blocks at Varthur. See the chart; you can see the time spent there being higher.

My next plan is to actually see at what speeds I drove down the road. Generally, I don't keep a minute to minute lookout on the speedometer dial. But I knew that in some stretches I was actually "speeding". And at that time, I used to get a feeling that I may reach early. On the process of writing a Java program which can help me generate a KML with the route's colour coding being done based on the speed taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-cpura_itpb_ttime.jpg  

sachinpk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 09:57   #14232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
A bit of "Research & Analysis" was done by me during the last 7-8 days. The whole idea of the exercise was to figure out how much bare minimum time would be taken for my journeys from Home to Office. Was there a time frame in which if I leave home, I may have reached early?
Nice analysis. I too did an informal analysis when I started working in Whitefield and within a month I was able to optimise the time, route and tricks and got a stable commute time. In this you should also consider the day of the week to get an actual comparison of the driving time. It might take the same time to commute if you leave late to work on a Wednesday compared to leaving early on a monday.

If I do a similar analysis on paper, I can clearly prove that leaving office at 4:20 PM instead of 4:40PM will make a difference in the commute time, but leaving at 4:00PM instead of 4:20 might not make a difference at all. Same thing in the morning. I try to capture this data in my Dashcam with the help of the trip distance and trip time. However, if there was a tool it would be awesome.
Old 29th June 2017, 10:07   #14233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I try to capture this data in my Dashcam with the help of the trip distance and trip time. However, if there was a tool it would be awesome.
Your Android phone might be doing this already. Check if the Google Maps application has a "Your timeline" option in its hamburger menu. If it is available and already activated it would have been tracking your start/end times, route taken and distance traveled automatically.

Just that there is no Export functionality; for that you might need to evaluate other apps.

You might also want to set home & work locations in the settings of the Maps app. Then it starts notifying you about the traffic conditions along your work commute route. Pretty nifty feature.

Last edited by binand : 29th June 2017 at 10:09.
Old 29th June 2017, 10:16   #14234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Your Android phone might be doing this already. Check if the Google Maps application has a "Your timeline" option in its hamburger menu. If it is available and already activated it would have been tracking your start/end times, route taken and distance traveled automatically.

Just that there is no Export functionality; for that you might need to evaluate other apps.

You might also want to set home & work locations in the settings of the Maps app.
I have an iPhone so I think google wont be able to track me accurately. The only time when it can is when I run google maps. But I dont run Gmaps continuously, especially in the mornings. A few times when I have used it for the entire journey, it has displayed trip statistics at the end with speed, distance and time and so. However, I dont prefer using navigation continuously. I would prefer an app that can run when the phone is locked and can log the distance and time. However, my dash-cam does this excellently, just that the data is not easily analyzable. I need to open the dashcam app and then manually extract the data.

I will try out the app that Parag is using if a similar one is available in the App store.
Old 29th June 2017, 10:25   #14235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will try out the app that Parag is using if a similar one is available in the App store.
The App that I have just records the route but that's about it. The final data that you get is End to End only.

If you zoom in and get selective and want to know statistics of only a part of this entire route, you won't get that.

The best I have found was MapMyIndia logging. Once you open the recorded route, it displays it on screen and you can click on any section of that route and that will show time and speed at that location.

This way, you know what time you passed a particular location. The only other way is using Dashcam Videos and Timestamps to analyse that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks