Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2017, 14:05   #14416
BHPian

Saw this today morning at Madivala underpass. A container trailer tried to go under thru the underpass and got stuck due to its height. The entire stretch from the underpass till silkboard was blocked on hosur road.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1502613304947.jpg  

glenmz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 08:04   #14417
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
A container trailer tried to go under thru the underpass and got stuck due to its height
Looks like this is once a fortnight occurrence on that underpass.

Traffic today was normal and roads were not as empty as expected. Probably because lot of schools are working today - saw many school buses in the Mahadevpura - SAP labs stretch.

Starting today, Graphite India is going to be a mess as BMRCL has closed off half the road in front of SAP Labs exit gate for pillar works. What was 2.5 lanes has reduced to 1.5 Lanes and given the way our BMTC buses and TTs drive, I am pretty sure its effectively going to be 1 lane traffic for the next few years. Right now only the Graphite - Vydehi stretch has been blocked but the opposite side should also be blocked by today/tomorrow as the barricades are out on the road.

So if you are crossing Graphite everyday to get to work or driving back from ITPL/Qualcomm side, brace yourself and learn some yoga/meditation techniques to reduce the frustration from standing still for long periods of time
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 09:50   #14418
Distinguished - BHPian

I was of the thought that people would be taking a long vacation this weekend and would only return tomorrow evening to the city. However, yesterday I witnessed a mega rush into the city at Nelamangala toll booth when I was returning from a trip to the western ghats. It was the longest queue I have ever noticed and could easily follow it for a kilometer. I was on the service road and was shocked to see so much of a rush. It looks like many have returned early and not as we expected. Same was the case with Mysore road and it was clogged right from Kumbalgodu to the city. Paid the toll at NICE and reached home from BIEC in half hour.

Hence, based on yesterdays observation, traffic today was nothing close to less and was as usual, maybe 20% lighter. Day by Day the metro barricades are increasing and so are the diversions especially for people going towards SAP labs, Graphite India and so.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 10:03   #14419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hence, based on yesterdays observation, traffic today was nothing close to less and was as usual, maybe 20% lighter. Day by Day the metro barricades are increasing and so are the diversions especially for people going towards SAP labs, Graphite India and so.
Probably because today is not a school holiday and even tomorrow most schools will have Independence Day celebrations which kids would be expected to attend.

For example my daughter's school has the Independence Day flag hoisting followed by a science exhibition. They are actually giving a holiday on 16th. Even if I wanted to go out (which I did not plan to anyway), there is no way my daughter would have agreed to skip the science expo.

So actually for most folks with school going kids, it is not a long weekend at all- Especially for out of station trips.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 10:15   #14420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It was exactly 20% time saved for me. For a start at 7:40 from Kammanahalli it takes 50 minutes for me to reach Belandur. Today for a start at the same time it took 40 minutes for me. The only good things I could roll all along and no pile ups anywhere except KR Puram.

Cheers!
Old 14th August 2017, 11:39   #14421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Saw this today morning at Madivala underpass. A container trailer tried to go under thru the underpass and got stuck due to its height. The entire stretch from the underpass till silkboard was blocked on hosur road.
It is high time that they install a height restraining bar at both the entry points of the subway. Such misjudgments of height and causing traffic snarls has been a regular feature of this subway!
Old 14th August 2017, 19:58   #14422
Distinguished - BHPian

This may bring some relief for commuters on the KR Puram-Whitefield stretch as the Metro construction picks up pace. Railways are going to introduce 3 suburban trains between Byapanahalli and Whitefield from August 18th. Timings yet to be published

Quote:
From August 18, three MEMU trains will run on this route. The railway officials will publish the timetable soon,” Mohan said. Thousands of people employed in various industries in Hoodi, Whitefield, and the surrounding areas, can reach their workplaces at the earliest.

“Travelling between Baiyappanahalli and Whitefield on train is a 15-minute affair. One has to spend at least an hour on the road to travel the same distance,” said T P Lokesh, convenor, Karnataka Railway Vedike.

Noting that traffic congestion has increased in KR Puram, Hoodi Junction and Hope Farm, due to Metro construction work, he said, commuting on the Whitefield Main Road has become a huge challenge over the last few weeks.

“Hoodi and KR Puram are two key stations between Baiyappanahalli and Whitefield. The trains stop at Diesel Loco Shed and Railway Power Station. Though these are not designated stoppages, commuters can get down here to reach nearby workplaces,” railway activist K N Krishnaprasad said
Source
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 20:36   #14423
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont understand why trucks with more than 4 tyres arent banned yet on our roads between 6 am and 10 pm. Honestly with the traffic so bad, these trucks should be sent off the roads and allowed back on only during off hours at night.
Old 15th August 2017, 07:10   #14424
BHPian

Avoid venturing out today in BLR Roads!! Unfortunately I have work today, that too morning shift. Couldn't help avoiding office. Started around 4:45am from Hosur, reached around 6:20am to my office at ETV ( Embassy Tech Village). I always take the Bagalur road - Sarajapur and come. Crazy rains in all the places!! BLR roads are water logged, full garbage everywhere!! Take utmost caution guys & girls, if you need to drive!
Old 15th August 2017, 08:16   #14425
BHPian

Road rage coming to knife point: Saw this today in Deccan Herald. While I don't want to take sides, this nature to stab a person is really madness. The victim could have stayed in the car and drove off and avoided the scenario. What sickens me is the attitude of the general public who as per this news item was a mute spectator. The other day I saw people just haphazardly stopping vehicles on nice road because they want to see a live accident. No one had called 108 when I asked. People all want to get a great story to brag in their free time but no one wants to do anything useful. Shame on all.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1502764924490.jpg  

srinih75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 08:33   #14426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
3 suburban trains between Byapanahalli and Whitefield from August 18th
Looks like another half hearted effort.
Quote:
The SWR has neither officially announced this new train service nor its timings. Officials, however, said the services will be available during the morning and evening peak hours as it is intended at easing the pressure on the road. “It was a spare rake, which was only used when the other rakes are taken off for maintenance,“ the officials said.
What stops them from running this 1 rake up and down from BYPL - Whitefield every 20-30 min during peak hours? Wouldn’t that be much better than running this just twice a day?
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/60054786.cms
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 08:54   #14427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
ACrazy rains in all the places!! BLR roads are water logged, full garbage everywhere!! Take utmost caution guys & girls, if you need to drive!
From Bangalore Traffic Police's Facebook page:

Varthur Kodi:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fldblr1.jpg

Koramangala 4th Block 12th Main 80 feet road

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fldblr2.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fldblr3.jpg
sandsun7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2017, 18:21   #14428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
From Bangalore Traffic Police's Facebook page:

Varthur Kodi:
Attachment 1666521

Koramangala 4th Block 12th Main 80 feet road

Attachment 1666522

Attachment 1666523
Sickening - always makes me think twice if I should invest our hard earned money buying homes in this city. Infrastructure is just getting worse.

Unfortunate to see that the city can't survive anything beyond light showers.
unni246 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 13:53   #14429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Unfortunate to see that the city can't survive anything beyond light showers.
I do not think any city, developed or otherwise, is capable of managing downpour of a month's worth in 5 hours. As per the papers, only low lying areas are affected.
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:19   #14430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I do not think any city, developed or otherwise, is capable of managing downpour of a month's worth in 5 hours. As per the papers, only low lying areas are affected.
Agree, but I guess this is a major city for India with tremendous population as well as a city which has an expensive taxing system.
If the authorities would have done their part and would have been prepared this would not have been the case. I personally have seen storm drains literally clogged and nothing being done to sort these.

Imagine a little more continuous rainfall than this and the city would have literally come to standstill.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks