Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 13:54   #15031
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
And since most of the cars are FWD, the handbrake jams the rear wheel and it starts to skid while being towed. To counter this, one of the idiots from the towing team stands on the rear bumper of the car and puts his weight on the rear tyres to increase traction
How about this that Bhpian Speedsatya captured recently somewhere on the bylanes of Bannerghatta road few months before and tweeted to BTP too:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20171130_135128.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 16:03   #15032
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Maybe they dont see huge cars as easy targets to tow, since then they will need to have the entire team sitting on the bonnet of the truck to balance the heavy weight of an SUV or a premium car So they might be spared.
Also, the fear that these bigger cars may belong to people with "good connections" also lurks on their mind so they try to avoid them.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 17:06   #15033
Team-BHP Support

How about designated parking zones turned into 'No Parking' zones overnight?

A few years ago, I parked my bike in a designated parking zone in BSK 3rd Stage one evening, right under a board that said P (2,4,6,8). The very next morning, I happen to park in the exact same spot again, mildly curious why the board seems to have been scraped clean overnight. Repainting perfectly fine signage is a favorite hobby of Bangalore municipal authorities (among a host of other things that don't need re-doing but well, ahem, tender money), and I'm in a hurry so get a move on, only to return 30 minutes later and find my bike gone.

Apparently they were in the process of repainting the board to a 'No Parking' sign, but I had to pay towing charges and the fine because I'm supposed to be prescient somehow. Idiots

P.S. While street parking, I still park as close to a parking sign as possible, and click a picture for good measure just in case the place changes status while I'm away.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2017 at 17:08.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 17:08   #15034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Of late, they seem to be in overdrive mode when it comes to towing away (or lifting and throwing 2 wheelers into their tow trucks!) vehicles that according to them are parked illegally (no parking zones).
The fine amounts charged when vehicles are towed also seem to have skyrocketed - Rs.750 for 2 wheelers and Rs.1250 for 4 wheelers
This do NOT seem to be a quick decision, and seems to be a well planned one. There were indications, when BTP had drawn up a list of available tow trucks at each PS & Sub Division levels. Then they also had identified tow trucks which can even move the new type of vehicles (the front wheels are placed on some kind of holder; instead of the classic hook & chain). There were also notification on the revised tow charges. With the "infrastructure" in place the drive started some 2-3 months back. From what I heard, every 24 hours the Traffic Police Inspectors also had to clearly give out the number of two wheelers & four wheelers towed.

Generally what I have noticed is that BTP, has a kind of a "thought of the week" in which the lower level officials are clearly told on what violations they should focus on for the next 2-3 days, a week etc.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 06:28   #15035
Distinguished - BHPian

One rain and this is what i get to see on my car's instrument console.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photogrid_1512052248102.jpg
This was yesterday night on the Hosur Road near SFS school
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 07:28   #15036
Senior - BHPian

Good morning gents. There seems to be an accident at Ramamurthy Nagar fly over involving a truck and a car (towards Hebbal side). The Polizei has arrived at the scene, and on the process of clearing the road.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 13:32   #15037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One rain and this is what i get to see on my car's instrument console.
Same situation everywhere. This morning on some of the more clearer stretches. A couple of team-bhp cars ahead.

Tonight may be worse.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-teambhp.png  

Old 3rd December 2017, 15:00   #15038
BHPian

Yesterday night around 6:00pm chose to ride through JC Road on my way to airport - the traffic was jammed from almost Southend circle due to religious festival where they had brought out a huge procession and people collected all the way till corporation bank.
Crossed corporation bank circle at 8:30pm - fortunately had enough time on hand to reach airport to catch flight at 11pm
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:48   #15039
BHPian

I heard that the white topping on ORR between Ramamurthy Nagar and Benniganahalli flyover entry is going to start from tommorrow. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by vinodh_eee : 3rd December 2017 at 15:52.
Old 3rd December 2017, 16:59   #15040
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I heard that the white topping on ORR between Ramamurthy Nagar and Benniganahalli flyover entry is going to start from tommorrow. Can anyone confirm this?
Yup, this is already underway. They blocked the roads last evening when I was driving past. Was driving towards Whitefield and all the traffic was funneling down the service roads which are in terrible shape and hence traffic was slowing down. Tomorrow will be manic Monday for those commuting towards KR Puram
Old 3rd December 2017, 22:07   #15041
Senior - BHPian

Metro work has started on the stretch from RV road to silkboard stretch. (sorry if it is already known). Last evening I saw the barricades put up from Jayanagar until the Bangalore central, Jp nagar. And the traffic had piled up on the opposite side. This on a saturday at around 6:30 pm. I cannot imagine how it would be on weekdays.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 3rd December 2017 at 22:10.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 10:04   #15042
BHPian

How the conversation between the planner of the white-topping exercise on ORR Kalyan Nagar and the project execution team would have happened?

Planner - Are we prepared to close the ORR?
PM - Yes sir.
Planner - Are the service lane entry and exit points wide enough to accommodate the gigantic 18 wheeler trucks which use the ORR through out the day?
PM - No sir.
Planner - Are all the service lanes wide enough?
PM - No sir.
Planner - Are all the service lanes pot-hole free?
PM - No sir.
Planner - Do you plan to widen the service lanes or fill potholes before closing the ORR?
PM - No sir.
Planner - You make my eyes water, please go ahead.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 4th December 2017 at 10:18.
drive2eternity is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 10:35   #15043
Distinguished - BHPian

White topping of whitefield supposedly going to start. Not sure of the validity of the info but if they actually plan to do this in parallel with metro work then all those working in whitefield will need to take tents to office
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-white-wf.jpg  

procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 12:55   #15044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
White topping of whitefield supposedly going to start. Not sure of the validity of the info but if they actually plan to do this in parallel with metro work then all those working in whitefield will need to take tents to office
Well, public should have allowed govt to build the steel flyover. They had to give certain contracts before election. If not the flyover, let it be white topping, who cares, as long as money is flowing in.
Old 5th December 2017, 13:05   #15045
BHPian

Anybody knows what is going on with Koramangala's internal roads ? I know about the flyover work from Hosur road to Domlur, but what exactly are they digging for in all the pocket roads ?
Its so messed up these days to drive, ride or even walk in Koramangala's internal roads.

Most Viewed