Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2017, 17:01   #15061
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Hi, could any one confirm that the Embassy Golf Links compound is open for public to drive through to reach inner ring road from Challaghatta side?
Yes it is. I use it quite often to and fro Challaghatta.
Freebird82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 22:00   #15062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
May be they close down these lanes totally at night and divert traffic on the other corridor.
This is probably right as most road related repairs in cities intensifies at night. They can't maintain the same pace with daytime traffic.

The roads were just blocked with no directions on the revised route / deviations to be taken.

I followed a sweeper car (while driving on the right side) and anyway there was very little traffic. Could reach Silk Board in less than 15 minutes.
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 10:37   #15063
Senior - BHPian

A JCB is digging up the centre of the junction of JB Nagar main road and Indira Nagar 80 ft road (the one in front of BSNL). Hopefully they'll be done whatever they are doing by Monday, but for today I suggest you avoid that junction.
Old 9th December 2017, 11:16   #15064
Senior - BHPian

70% of the ring road width taken up for road works, the rest was blocked by this brand new Baleno which wasn't starting - Tow truck to the rescue. Felt bad for the owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_0547.jpg  

Old 9th December 2017, 11:35   #15065
Senior - BHPian

Palike plans to widen road from Varthur to Sarjapur
I see some action on the ground, between Varthur Kodi and the Varthur town bridge. But I don't know how they plan to bye-pass the infamous Varthur town's narrow roads.
Old 11th December 2017, 07:41   #15066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
This is probably right as most road related repairs in cities intensifies at night.
Nope! you were indeed right as I drove today and the diversions still existed at 0700. This means, they have made that 'arrangement' exactly on the day you drove and the status remains the same now.

Potential pile-up alerts:

1. From Brigade Road towards Silkboard:

Right from Anepalya where the road forks out for Bannerghatta road, traffic is diverted to the opposite side of the road all the way till St. John's Signal. This has reduced the road width to 1 vehicle per direction and already at 0700, there were chaos.

2. From St. John's Signal to Brigade Road:

Traffic is blocked to enter the road towards/till Forum/Shopper's Stop from here. Instead, most traffic is mandated to head towards Big Bazar/NIMHANS side. They have done this because the lane ahead is used for traffic going towards Silkboard.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 08:30   #15067
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure most of us have heard/seen the recent crackdown by traffic cops on number plates like IND plates, stickered numbers on front panel of scooters.

There are also instances now of cops taking some gullible motorists for a ride and making a quick buck by saying IND plates are mandatory
Source:Indian Express, Bangalore 10 Dec 2017 - Link
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 09:12   #15068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm sure most of us have heard/seen the recent crackdown by traffic cops on number plates like IND plates, stickered numbers on front panel of scooters.
Add to the list sun films. They are at it again and last week they finally caught my car for its sun films. However they did not fine but neatly removed the front left window sun film without a mark Since I was not in station at that time, I never realised this and the glass also appeared spotless. When I touched the inner side of the glass yesterday, I realised that the entire glue film was left on the glass. Spent some time removing it and the glass is now back to its factory form.

Even on a Sunday, there was a lot of checking going on all around town and they had caught a lot of cars with acrylic number plates and the odd shaped plates.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:18   #15069
Senior - BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Anyone for this Christmas vacation package?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1512967706.073617.jpg

On a serious note, please avoid Hosur Road from Adugodi signal all the way till Koramangala check post. White topping and huge pile up of traffic.

Suggest you turn left at Audigodi signal and exit at Koramangala 7th block. Though it is a narrow road, traffic is moving.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 11th December 2017 at 10:24.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 10:26   #15070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Anyone for this Christmas vacation package?

Attachment 1704792
How about something similar to GO KARTING on Bangalore roads. BTP should come out with a simialr ad inviting people for GO KARTING at the Bommanahalli junction where we have people coming from E city side, Madiwala side, Begur road side and from Mangamanapalya side (in the wrong direction).
The condition is vehicles can cris cross but without banging into each other unlike the regular GO KARTING.
Old 11th December 2017, 10:28   #15071
Senior - BHPian

Traffic really bad on my commute from IIM-B side to Koramangala. I took my usual inner routes and the jam was all the way from Madiwala underpass to Forum. The road outside forum (Opp Bosch) has been made one way. I had to do a holy rotation of Forum and come back to work. What takes me 35 minutes took 1 hour and 35 minutes today. God bless white topping.
Old 11th December 2017, 10:35   #15072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Traffic really bad on my commute from IIM-B side to Koramangala. I took my usual inner routes and the jam was all the way from Madiwala underpass to Forum. The road outside forum (Opp Bosch) has been made one way. I had to do a holy rotation of Forum and come back to work. What takes me 35 minutes took 1 hour and 35 minutes today. God bless white topping.
Had warned about this, first thing today morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
2. From St. John's Signal to Brigade Road:
Traffic is blocked to enter the road towards/till Forum/Shopper's Stop from here. Instead, most traffic is mandated to head towards Big Bazar/NIMHANS side. They have done this because the lane ahead is used for traffic going towards Silkboard.
Old 11th December 2017, 11:21   #15073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The app is supported by the Traffic Police and in one of the motives its clearly stated that you are sharing the fuel costs with friends and not making a profit/commercial venture out of it. Hence, the RTO should better not interfere into this. Neither can they, since we are not running yellow board vehicles which they can flag down and inspect. Technically, you are transporting your 'friends' along with you.
Signed up for the app and using it for about 2- 2.5 weeks now. Shared 37 rides and reduced 94KG of CO2. Interesting experiences, and lets see how far this goes
ajayclicks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 12:08   #15074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Signed up for the app and using it for about 2- 2.5 weeks now. Shared 37 rides and reduced 94KG of CO2. Interesting experiences, and lets see how far this goes
How on earth did you get so many rides?

I am running it from many weeks now and have done only 9 rides. I do admit that I am very specific about the time and route, so end up rejecting some requests. My timings also is a bit early in the day. Hence, I dont get many requests. If you do so many rides I think it should fetch a decent sum of your fuel expenses right?
Old 11th December 2017, 12:12   #15075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
How on earth did you get so many rides?

I am running it from many weeks now and have done only 9 rides. I do admit that I am very specific about the time and route, so end up rejecting some requests. My timings also is a bit early in the day. Hence, I dont get many requests. If you do so many rides I think it should fetch a decent sum of your fuel expenses right?
Yes, I have netted 1K already! I start from JP Nagar and go to RMZ ecospace. Start at 8.00 and start my return trip at 4.00. There are a few folks who work in shifts etc. and do not mind hopping in. I too, stick to my timings and my route. Since I go via JP Nagar outer ring road and BTM, its not an issue (till they start demolishing the flyover). On most days, I have more than 1 person in my car. Infact, a colleague is between cars and he hops in on my return (I told him he doesn't need to use the app, but he insists).

More important is the "less guilty" feeling about being the only person in my car.
ajayclicks is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks