Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2017, 12:30   #15121
BHPian

Is there parking at cubbon park? Planning to take my son there today afternoon. How long does the park stays open? A g-map link to the parking area will be very helpful.
Old 16th December 2017, 12:32   #15122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there parking at cubbon park? Planning to take my son there today afternoon. How long does the park stays open? A g-map link to the parking area will be very helpful.
One good option I used when going to cubbon park is to use the metro. The station is right opposite the park. So you can park at the nearest metro station and take the train.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 12:35   #15123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure of closure time, I guess it's 8 PM.

Parking is available, take Queens road and proceed to high court. Then take the road in link below, you can park on both sides of that road all way till Queens road.

Better option would be to park near any metro station and take metro to Cubbon park station. This way you can avoid weekend parking woes.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 13:53   #15124
BHPian

White topping of roads is a daylight robbery in my eyes. I can understand it if you are doing it on low lying roads which gets damaged due to rains every year. But we have a stretch today (hennur to Kr puram) which is a glowing example of corruption and putting people under so much stress due to this unnecessary work. Side roads are all choked, tanker, trailers taking turns into small service lanes are just an example. Was it too much of a common sense to expect from BBMP that when you don't have wide service roads why can't you just stop the entry of these big and ultra big vehicles in that zone. Alas, I am expecting too much from BBMP and wonder if I should increase my patience and my knee& foot fatigue levels.
adi_gt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 15:12   #15125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
White topping of roads is a daylight robbery in my eyes. I can understand it if you are doing it on low lying roads which gets damaged due to rains every year. But we have a stretch today (hennur to Kr puram) which is a glowing example of corruption and putting people under so much stress due to this unnecessary work. Side roads are all choked, tanker, trailers taking turns into small service lanes are just an example. Was it too much of a common sense to expect from BBMP that when you don't have wide service roads why can't you just stop the entry of these big and ultra big vehicles in that zone. Alas, I am expecting too much from BBMP and wonder if I should increase my patience and my knee& foot fatigue levels.
You are exactly right. White topping is just daylight robbery by the present government.Election is nearing ,just to ensure to make good amount of money to spend during next election.Our tax paid money money is looted by nonsense schemes and bhagyas.
Old 16th December 2017, 15:18   #15126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Not sure of closure time, I guess it's 8 PM.

Parking is available, take Queens road and proceed to high court. Then take the road in link below, you can park on both sides of that road all way till Queens road.

Better option would be to park near any metro station and take metro to Cubbon park station. This way you can avoid weekend parking woes.
The link is not opening. Please resend.
Old 16th December 2017, 16:09   #15127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The link is not opening. Please resend.
Oh, not sure what happened. Hope this works

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 19:22   #15128
BHPian

Quote:
Also, there are so many other bad roads which actually needed work.This stretch was one of the better roads in Bangalore without any craters, where one can enjoy driving, and it didn't need any fixing. I guess BBMP's prioritisation of road work is messed up big time.
Old 17th December 2017, 09:16   #15129
Senior - BHPian

Traffic diversions on OA Road today. Avoid if possible.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5nHksETezjip6M4g2

(the photo was too big for forum)
Old 18th December 2017, 07:37   #15130
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeshwantpur - Mekhri Circle road closed at CV Raman underpass and above IISC. Sankey road is a mess thanks to added traffic and accident between getz & etios. Happy Monday everyone!
Old 18th December 2017, 09:43   #15131
Senior - BHPian

Folks
I might drive or fly to Bangalore from Hyderabad on Dec 29th. As Kodihalli on Old Airport road is my destination, should I take the normal route via Hebbal-ORR-Hennur-Tin Factory-Byapannahalli-Indira Nagar-Domlur? I'm asking because there are so many posts on white-topping of the ORR, forcing traffic to crawling speeds?

Or should I take the shorter route via Hebbal-Mekri Circle-Raj Bhavan road-Cubbon Road-Trinity Circle-Old Airport Road? I know for sure this will be a crowded option, but perhaps it will still be better than the other route?

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th December 2017, 09:46   #15132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hebbal-Mekri Circle-Raj Bhavan road-Cubbon Road-Trinity Circle-Old Airport Road
Suggest this route if you are travelling before 5 pm.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 10:03   #15133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks
I might drive or fly to Bangalore from Hyderabad on Dec 29th. As Kodihalli on Old Airport road is my destination, should I take the normal route via Hebbal-ORR-Hennur-Tin Factory-Byapannahalli-Indira Nagar-Domlur? I'm asking because there are so many posts on white-topping of the ORR, forcing traffic
Thanks in advance.
Its the last week of the year sir, roam around the city freely, in the route you choose. I am not sure how bad the status of the ring road is due to white topping, but inside the city would not be much of a problem either. But in general, the chance of jams and crawling traffic will be less. Even if you take the city route, you might encounter some traffic between KR Circle till you cross MG road, but later on it should be an easy drive on HAL Airport road.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 10:05   #15134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Chord Road in Vijayanagar is being white topped ! Now this road is smooth yet sees tar topping every year or so. I am sure it was topped a few months ago. Now its all being dug up to do white topping.

I remember the tar road here some years back was nearly 10 years old without needing any re-laying of the road. The underlying foundation etc and road was good that people used to mention this road on how good tar roads can last. We suffered 4.5 years with bad roads and now we have to suffer the developmental works :(

Read today that even with all the development works, the utilization of budgetary plan is still 40%. If all 100% were to be utilized, how much development we could have heard (not seen!)
Old 18th December 2017, 10:28   #15135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
The Chord Road in Vijayanagar is being white topped ! Now this road is smooth yet sees tar topping every year or so. I am sure it was topped a few months ago.

, how much development we could have heard (not seen!)
After the steel flyover fiasco the govt. had to give some contracts to collect funds for the impending elections. The best way was to give unnecessary contracts and make money to fund the campaign. If something was to be white topped it was the service lanes, the streets which are half occupied by shops, vendors and parking. The remaining width is taken up jutting man holes and dug up roads. They couldn't even put up some decent tar on whitefield main road where it's a virtual crawl around Phoenix mall. No one cares about the road quality from ABB to Hoodi where it was dug up for some work and now look at the quality of road which has been relaid. I am seriously fed up of infrastructure woes in Bangalore and especially for roads. People in some other thread is talking about jam at toll at 4am on 23rd Dec. Why common sense can not prevail ? Why they just don't allow people to leave without paying toll for one freaking day ? How much difference will it make ? The concept in India is to squeeze as much as you can untill people explode which they never do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks