Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2018, 13:42   #15271
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
But these are illegal:

Attachment 1713127
Looks like Siddu's anti superstition bill is being enforced.
Old 7th January 2018, 19:11   #15272
Distinguished - BHPian

More white topping bhagya for all those living around Hormavu & Kasturinagar I thought they were going to stop this - or that was just eyewash?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20180107-7.54.09-am.jpeg  

procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 22:39   #15273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
More white topping bhagya for all those living around Hormavu & Kasturinagar I thought they were going to stop this - or that was just eyewash?
I went to Whitefield today taking ORR from YNK. I could see traffic piled up for this White topping right from Kasturinagar Bridge, that too at 3PM on a Sunday.

Seeing this, I returned home taking Old Madras Road and Ulsoor and it was much faster at 8pm.

EDIT- My wife who works out of MTP already for a mailer from the Tech Park consortium asking to either work from home or heavily do car pooling and take Public transport!

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th January 2018 at 22:41.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 06:04   #15274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
When I asked the Cop about this new rule, he said it was announced in all newspapers, TV, etc and he blamed me for being ignorant about it. ...
The Cop said the new rule has been made after the murder of a journalist recently as the killers could not be captured by the cameras as they didn't have a proper number plate.
I googled and couldn't find any such news about the modified number plate rules. If anyone has a link, can you share?
Old 8th January 2018, 07:50   #15275
Senior - BHPian

Multiple news reports of a fire incident in the KR Market area of Bangalore, in which several people died.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...u-1747467.html

Of late, there has been a concerted online campaign to improve the fire safety of Bangalore's buildings (recent Mumbai fires, plus news that Carlton Towers is getting back into business).
Old 8th January 2018, 14:44   #15276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
If I were you, I'd take the metro all the way to Majestic, and then take KIA-9. The advantage is, KIA-9 services are more frequent than the other airport services.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
+1 for taking the KIA-9 from Majestic.
I took Uber cab to Swamy Vivekananda Road Metro Station, then metro to Majestic and finally took KIA-9 to airport. I started from home at 1.30 pm (airline informed me about 30 minutes delay) and reached airport at 3.15 pm but there was another 30 minutes flight delay and it departed at 5.30 pm.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 17:07   #15277
BHPian

My metro experience. I needed to go to Chennai last weekend from Bellandur. I took an ola to Baiyappanahalli Metro and boarded the metro. It was pleasant. One word of caution - please get down at Majestic metro station itself for Majestic and City Railways station. the KSR metro station actually is at the far end of the railway station. Seniors and people travelling with kids and heavy luggage will find it difficult to use the railway over bridge and get to the platform.
sairamboko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 17:16   #15278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
My metro experience. I needed to go to Chennai last weekend from Bellandur. I took an ola to Baiyappanahalli Metro and boarded the metro. It was pleasant. One word of caution - please get down at Majestic metro station itself for Majestic and City Railways station. the KSR metro station actually is at the far end of the railway station. Seniors and people travelling with kids and heavy luggage will find it difficult to use the railway over bridge and get to the platform.
Just a suggestion - It depends upon which platform your train is departing from. They are in the process of making a better entrance to the railway station from the metro station which I am not sure if its complete or not. But, typically if your train is departing from the first four platforms, then it is better to get down at Majestic. Yet, it is a long walk to the platforms especially if not platform 1. Regarding accessiblity, it is true that if one has issues climbing stairs and for people who have luggage, it is a bit of a hassle to get down at City Railway station metro.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 21:17   #15279
BHPian

Anyone know what is happening on the Service Road opposite Manyatha Tech Park. The closing of the service road is causing all traffic on the ORR and traffic is piling up till the mouth of the flyover!
Old 10th January 2018, 15:23   #15280
BHPian

I might have to drive to Kolar this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday). I will be driving from JP Nagar so plan to take the JP Nagar- Silkboard- Belandur ORR- KR Puram route. Not familiar with the section between Belandur and KR Puram, hence wanted to know if I would be impacted by the white topping bhagya?
Old 10th January 2018, 15:29   #15281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I might have to drive to Kolar this weekend (either Saturday or Sunday). I will be driving from JP Nagar so plan to take the JP Nagar- Silkboard- Belandur ORR- KR Puram route. Not familiar with the section between Belandur and KR Puram, hence wanted to know if I would be impacted by the white topping bhagya?
White topping is only between Kasturi Nagar and Hebbal (effected stretch on ORR). ORR stretch between Tin Factory and Silk board has been excused for the Metro work.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 19:04   #15282
Senior - BHPian

Crazy Traffic everywhere today. Was stuck at KR Puram flyover for an hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1515591283272.jpg  

Old 10th January 2018, 21:55   #15283
BHPian

I dont know what happened today. The traffic in East Bangalore has been pretty bad. Any idea on why today ? I have seen jams at points where I have never seen congestion even during last 2 -3 years. It was really bad.
Old 10th January 2018, 21:59   #15284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I dont know what happened today. The traffic in East Bangalore has been pretty bad. Any idea on why today ? I have seen jams at points where I have never seen congestion even during last 2 -3 years. It was really bad.
I think it is the fallout of the White Topping from RamamurthyNagar to Hennur. Entire ORR is out of bounds and everyone has to take the service road.
Its nightmare on the roads today and it will be for about 1.5 months. God Bless Us.
All I can say - please vote and vote responsibly. The only way to teach a lesson.
raghuram.cg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 09:19   #15285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Due to white topping on the ORR, which has led to clogging till tin factory sometimes, people going towards the direction of Hebbal on ORR are now choosing to come into the city through Benniganahalli, Baiyyapppanahalli and then taking various routes to get back on track and avoid the ORR. Typically they turn right after SV Road metro, or even go all the way till Ulsoor Junction near cemetry to turn right. Hence, it has led to increased traffic in the stretch between Tin Factory and Ulsoor Cemetry. Earlier it used to be a breeze to commute in this stretch.

So most of the traffic load on the ORR is now scattered all over East Bangalore which has relatively narrow roads and lesser traffic handling capacity.

Last edited by audioholic : 11th January 2018 at 09:20.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed