Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:07   #15331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I traveled on ORR from Hennur cross to Hebbal over the weekend.

The road till Manyata from Hennur is perfect as it is and the rest is a bit bumpy, but not broken or bad. Just for a bunch of guys to make a quick buck, this is such a waste of time and energy.
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:27   #15332
Senior - BHPian

Not a rant. Is there a "Karnataka Bandh" on 25th January? (Thursday). There seems to be a rumour of that sorts.
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:30   #15333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Not a rant. Is there a "Karnataka Bandh" on 25th January? (Thursday). There seems to be a rumour of that sorts.
Saw this earlier today (came on a WhatsApp group):

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...aka-bundh.html

It is not clear to me whether Bangalore is having a bandh on 25/1, 4/2 or on both days.
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:08   #15334
Distinguished - BHPian

Both days as of now.

25 January:
Serious inconvenience to thousands of Bangaloreans going for pre-planned long weekend outings or back to native towns. Expect massive jams on 24 Jan as everyone tries to leave post-lunch.

4 February:
Sunday so weekday commuters are spared. However, 'lakhs' of farmers from North KA will no doubt be bussed in by the Congress government to combat the equally crucial BJP crowd. So kiss goodbye to entire north BLR for 4 February at least. Add NaMo security protocols!

Better stay at home with the kids and a good movie.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 20:04   #15335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Hmm, the communique from Manyata says that Hebbal to Hennur will be the first stretch to undergo surgery.
I stand corrected. The first phase is from Hebbal to Hennur cross. A really long stretch, in one go.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180122wa0023.jpg
Thanks to team-bhpian ivento for sharing this infographic

Last edited by sandsun7 : 22nd January 2018 at 20:06.
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:46   #15336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
It is Karnataka Bandh on Jan 25th and Bangalore Bandh on Feb 4th
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:33   #15337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Dasarahalli-Mariayappanapalaya-Karle
Took this road today morning and it's a mess. More than half the road is a muddy mess thanks to pipeline work. A lot of traffic will end up on this road once hebbal - manyata stretch is closed and given it's current condition, there is no way it can handle additional traffic.
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:05   #15338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Took this road today morning and it's a mess. More than half the road is a muddy mess thanks to pipeline work. A lot of traffic will end up on this road once hebbal - manyata stretch is closed and given it's current condition, there is no way it can handle additional traffic.
It was first dug up for laying the Gail PNG pipeline. BWSSB did some more damage by digging up whatever was left .
You can still bypass that stretch by taking this route: https://goo.gl/Ye5u8K. This ain't a feather-bed, but may be slightly better.
The entire stretch from Mariyappanapalaya to Jakkur is long overdue for a full asphalting. Have They should have completed that work before the white topping mess creates further havoc on this road.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:44. Reason: typo
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:33   #15339
Distinguished - BHPian

There was heavy traffic from Sarjapur road - ORR junction all way till Ecospace. Google maps was showing drive time from my house on Haralur road to be 1 hour 5 mins when I checked around 08:45 AM. Usuall timings used to be around 30 mins. Not sure what the reason was, I guess it was some accident which got cleared by the time I took the road.

Also, newly laid service road around Sarjapur -ORR junction opposite to Shell petrol bunk is dug up.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 07:35   #15340
BHPian

Folks, need to go to the icici branch at bommanahalli in a couple of hours to pick up a fastag. Given all the road work thats happening and the fact that i have not been to that part of the city in a while, anything that i need to watch out for when driving down from indiranagar? I usually go via koramangala join ORR and turn left via the service road at silk board.
Old 24th January 2018, 08:15   #15341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Folks, need to go to the icici branch at bommanahalli in a couple of hours to pick up a fastag. Given all the road work thats happening and the fact that i have not been to that part of the city in a while, anything that i need to watch out for when driving down from indiranagar? I usually go via koramangala join ORR and turn left via the service road at silk board.
Since you are coming from Indiranagar, I would suggest to take the IRR -> Sony world junction-> Koramangala Water tank -> Madiwala Ayyappa temple signal (turn left) -> Madiwala flyover -> Bommanahalli. There would be slight traffic at sony world and koramanagala water tank signals but apart from that it should be ok.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 08:26   #15342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Both days as of now.

25 January:
Serious inconvenience
True. I got to be at the airport on 25th afternoon to pick up guests who are visting Bangalore for the first-time. Can't rely on public transport or cabs on such days.
Old 24th January 2018, 10:39   #15343
Distinguished - BHPian

Tomorrows bandh may only be lukewarm in Bangalore. Our office shuttle bus provider, who is one of the largest operators in Bangalore has mentioned that they will be working tomorrow.

Saw a news article that apart from one section, BMTC employees also will not be participating in the bandh.
Old 24th January 2018, 11:10   #15344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Tomorrows bandh may only be lukewarm in Bangalore. Our office shuttle bus provider, who is one of the largest operators in Bangalore has mentioned that they will be working tomorrow.

Saw a news article that apart from one section, BMTC employees also will not be participating in the bandh.
Being Election year state government may support bandh, in order not to appear anti farmer. So it would be half shutdown, with state government services pathcy, educational institutions off and full fledged private services. Autos and cabs will have the day.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 11:35   #15345
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there is a temple festival at Varthur one-street town today. Saw the chariot getting all readied up. I don't know if the festivities would be there in the evening.

On the positive side, I also saw that Whitefiled Traffic Police is now diverting all goods vehicles and dumper trucks from Gunjur. Vehicles coming from Dommasandra side would have to take a right turn and go via the village roads. The next point is the junction near Varthur L&O police station. They were diverting goods vehicles to the road on the right side from here as well. Don't know if this a permanent plan or just for the temple festival.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks