Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2018, 08:47   #15616
BHPian

Are KA vehicles allowed to enter TN today? How is the atmosphere? Any issue reported?
Old 6th April 2018, 11:05   #15617
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
As per the prevalent law in India (Inter-State River Water Dispute Act), there is a provision for setting up a regulatory authority who monitors the allocation of water between the concerned states (allocation being determined by a tribunal set up for the purpose).

Now that the Kaveri Tribunal's allocation has been contested in Supreme Court and final judgment has come, there is a need for the setup of such an authority. In fact, in its final judgment the SC had ordered the setting up of this authority by 29/3/2018.

TN I guess would want this authority set up as soon as possible, so that it reaches steady state before the monsoons start.

KA - or to be precise, all political parties with a stake in KA assembly elections - on the other hand, I'd say want to delay the setup of this authority till after the assembly elections.

This agitation now is due to the fact that the regulatory authority was not set up within the stipulated time (end of March). And I am appalled by the way politicians (present and wannabe) in TN are stoking the emotions of the general public there.
Your interpretation is not fully correct. Please read the below article.

"The SC had set six-weeks deadline to frame a “scheme” to implement the order.
Though TN argued that by the word “scheme”, the SC meant complying with the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal’s award to set up the CMB, the Centre seems to be going with Karnataka’s argument that the SC order talks only about “a scheme” and not the river management board.
“It is a matter of interpretation. The tribunal has recommended (a board). The SC doesn’t use the word Cauvery Management Board. It says a scheme,” said Union water resources secretary U P Singh.
"
Old 6th April 2018, 11:50   #15618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Your interpretation is not fully correct. Please read the below article.

"The SC had set six-weeks deadline to frame a “scheme” to implement the order.
Though TN argued that by the word “scheme”, the SC meant complying with the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal’s award to set up the CMB, the Centre seems to be going with Karnataka’s argument that the SC order talks only about “a scheme” and not the river management board.
“It is a matter of interpretation. The tribunal has recommended (a board). The SC doesn’t use the word Cauvery Management Board. It says a scheme,” said Union water resources secretary U P Singh.
"
You didn't provide the link to the article that you are referring to. Anyway, I didn't go into the details of this issue, because I think questioning the meaning of the word "scheme" in the judgment is just frivolous nitpicking by the parties concerned just to delay implementing the judgment. The judgment goes into detail on where the concept of this "scheme" comes from and how it connects to the constitution and functioning of the authority etc.

The "six weeks" you refer to is from the date of of the judgment (16/2) which ended on 29/3.
Old 6th April 2018, 12:29   #15619
BHPian

Can anyone please update if all is well for KA vehicles traveling to TN? I am planning to travel very early morning tomorrow to Munnar via Salem , Avinashi, Udumalpet.
Old 6th April 2018, 13:22   #15620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Can anyone please update if all is well for KA vehicles traveling to TN? I am planning to travel very early morning tomorrow to Munnar via Salem , Avinashi, Udumalpet.
A friend drove to Palakkad this morning via Salem CBE route and will be returning back now via Dimbham.

He just confirmed that all was well and he faced no issues and that KA cars were allowed inside TN. Hope this helps.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2018, 13:37   #15621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
You didn't provide the link to the article that you are referring to. Anyway, I didn't go into the details of this issue, because I think questioning the meaning of the word "scheme" in the judgment is just frivolous nitpicking by the parties concerned just to delay implementing the judgment. The judgment goes into detail on where the concept of this "scheme" comes from and how it connects to the constitution and functioning of the authority etc.

The "six weeks" you refer to is from the date of of the judgment (16/2) which ended on 29/3.
Here is the link. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/63240359.cms

And discussing politics and arguing against one party/state or other is not in the spirit of TeamBHP rules/guidelines. Lets end such discussion.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 07:22   #15622
Senior - BHPian

Had an annoying introduction to driving in Bangalore from TN. Cops were pulling over cars and seem to target out of state cars. I was travelling with 2 kids, wife and my mom. So he looked around for a while and finally said "Sunfilm. Fine of 300 Rs.". Since I was not aware of what the legality was and he started trying to peel it off, I politely agreed to pay and ask for a receipt. "Adjust. 200 Rs. " I again request Ed a receipt so I walked to the side with him and tried to converse with him. He then proceeded to print a receipt after taking details and said. "Rs. 500". He had charged me for using high beam, driving recklessly, arguing with policeman, using shrill horn, Sunfilm". I pointed out that he was lying and said I will pay only sinfilm fine of RS. 100. Since he refused to reply on English and kept saying Rs. 300. As there was a baby in my car, I paid him after getting the receipt and decided to get my money's worth by arguing with him about corruption in general and the wrong fines. He was visibly agitated but another TN registered BMW was approaching and he went on to stop it.
Felt unfair, but I couldn't stand my ground. I've been using Uber for the weekend. Hope my return is uneventful.
This was near electronic City.
Old 8th April 2018, 07:54   #15623
Distinguished - BHPian

http://m.deccanherald.com/section/7/...e-grounds.html

Palace Grounds rally today
. Please note!
Old 8th April 2018, 10:20   #15624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Had an annoying introduction to driving in Bangalore from TN. Cops were pulling over cars and seem to target out of state cars....
I would suggest posting your experience on the BTP facebook page.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 14:51   #15625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Felt unfair, but I couldn't stand my ground. I've been using Uber for the weekend. Hope my return is uneventful.
This was near electronic City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
+1 to this.

@BenjiRoss - you have the challan details so post your experience along with the challan details on the BTP facebook page (along with date, time etc). They should be able to identify which cop/team was on active duty that day.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 17:09   #15626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

. Please note!
Had a taste of this today, thankfully it didn't mess with the work. I went to pick my son up from the Amritha Vidyalayam on the Ullal road at 1230 and was horrified to see around 30/35 KSRTC and BMTC buses hogging both the lanes and grinding the traffic to a halt.

The buses along with the cars and cabs which came to pick kids up from their JEE exams endured a halt of around half an hour. The cops arrived soon and brought the situation under control. The traffic jam subsided just as the kids finished their exams and started back home. It was the same situation inside Jnanabharathi campus too.
Old 8th April 2018, 19:45   #15627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

. Please note!
Despite knowing about the rally, ventured out from R T Nagar around 3 pm but not much traffic though towards Cantonment. But returning at around 5 pm was nightmare . Thought of going back via Nandidurga road but was jam packed with busses - so had to take Frazer town and Tannery road to go back to R T Nagar.

Google map is still showing Red all the way till Basaveshwar circle.
Old 8th April 2018, 20:35   #15628
Senior - BHPian

The junction of Sarjapur road and Central Jail road has been dug up. Vehicles coming towards the city are not just unable to take the left turn; they also need to squeeze through one lane of space to cross the spot. In fact one lane of the carriageway going the other way was was opened up for city-bound traffic causing a snarl in that direction too. Looks like a bad Monday morning is coming up. Avoid the route if possible.

A plus of this is that the last few hundred metres of Central Jail road was empty (usually that junction's pile-up reaches Play Arena on a Sunday evening). Traffic coming from the jail side could merge onto Sarjapur road quickly and easily since the direct traffic was having a terrible time negotiating the junction. :-)
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2018, 21:44   #15629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1 to this.

@BenjiRoss - you have the challan details so post your experience along with the challan details on the BTP facebook page (along with date, time etc). They should be able to identify which cop/team was on active duty that day.
Um, as far as I know the sunfilm ban is valid throughout India, how will OP defend the fact that he has sunfilm pasted in his car because that argument will follow if he posts the actual reason why the challan was issued to begin with.

I'm not being judgmental here, the sunfilm ban was amongst the silliest bans in this country where a total driving population was affected due to a dozen crimes, it simply doesn't make sense even today. However once the law is in place be it against a Rs.1000/- note which was valid for ages or against a sunfilm which protects car occupants from harmful UV and IR rays, it shall always be a valid excuse for the law to act upon.

Truthfully, the fine should be paid for sunfilm "violation", in full if a receipt is to be expected or whatever "adjustment" tip without receipt as is the norm in India. I'm no stickler for silly laws either and I make that very clear.. but no point dragging this worthless battle any further in social media where every post is dissected to no end.
Old 9th April 2018, 00:08   #15630
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Traffic Police has collected a record breaking amount in fines last year. And like all corporates, they will have a higher target this year. While I'm against this racial profiling and targeting TN vehicles, I'm all for additional fines. I mean how does it look if you have to collect only Rs. 100/- from each vehicle. This spicing up of challans is a common occurrence. I think as responsible citizens, we should support our Traffic Police by voluntarily giving fines. Why only signal jumping, please charge me for driving with music on.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks