Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 12:16   #15691
BHPian

I heard that Amit Shah's roadshow is canceled. Not sure if it is true. Can anyone confirm
Old 9th May 2018, 12:33   #15692
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I heard that Amit Shah's roadshow is canceled. Not sure if it is true. Can anyone confirm
I got this on Whatsapp. I confirmed it on the twitter handle so it looks to be true. They have earned some brownie points here
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20180509wa0017.jpg

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 9th May 2018 at 12:35.
hemanth.anand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 14:13   #15693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
They have earned some brownie points here
Their rivals would claim that road show was cancelled, because they feared that attendance would be low .
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 16:10   #15694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I got this on Whatsapp. I confirmed it on the twitter handle so it looks to be true. They have earned some brownie points here
It seems like only the road show is cancelled. But Amit Shah is visiting the place (Bellandur temple) as planned. So that itself should call for some traffic I guess.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:22   #15695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
So that itself should call for some traffic I guess.
I started from ECity at 5:30 and reached Hoodi by 6:40 which was 10 minutes earlier than what it usually takes. The entire ORR was ok (from Sarjapur signal to Marathahalli) in traffic. A little less than normal.
Old 9th May 2018, 20:27   #15696
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

New Thippasandra/BEML Main Road update:
This afternoon BESCOM folks cut overhead electrical lines in preparation for a visit by a big politico (you can guess who!). Apparently it was to allow the entourage with tall vehicles (open vehicle probably for him to address/wave to people).

Many business establishments did not have power for a few hours.

Cops from Traffic and Crime department were present in large numbers and the road had smooth flowing traffic around 4:45pm and I guess this rally would have taken place after that (the secret was to disallow all vehicles from parking on the road and also making hawkers and vendors move out!). I was happy to quickly escape the mess and actually loved the quick stress-free ride on an otherwise crazy road.

Last edited by NPV : 9th May 2018 at 20:34.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 20:34   #15697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This afternoon BESCOM folks cut overhead electrical lines in preparation for a visit by a big politico!
For what joy? Politico that big, eh?
When will they realize its counter productive??!! You need vote - give me facilities; don't take away whats already there!!

Last edited by sanjaykk : 9th May 2018 at 20:36.
sanjaykk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 21:53   #15698
BHPian

There was unnecessary traffic jams today morning from 9.30am onwards on Old Airport Road,MG road due to VIP movement. Guess this might be the situation till the election results. Leela Palace was locked down with heavy police presence.
Old 9th May 2018, 23:16   #15699
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: As per our forum rules, no discussion on politicians or politics please . Thanks!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 15:18   #15700
BHPian

Any updates on traffic curbs, hotel / cinema closures for tomorrow in Bengaluru? Wanted to watch Razi and realised before booking about the possible restrictions due to elections. Called the theatre and they still have no updates.
Old 11th May 2018, 16:12   #15701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Any updates on traffic curbs, hotel / cinema closures for tomorrow in Bengaluru? Wanted to watch Razi and realised before booking about the possible restrictions due to elections. Called the theatre and they still have no updates.
I don't think there would be any traffic curbs etc. because of elections. BMTC etc. may be operating a more relaxed schedule etc. Traffic curbs etc. are a possibility when the results are out on the 15th.
Old 11th May 2018, 17:00   #15702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
There was some rumours going around about malls and multiplexes to be closed until 6PM tomorrow. Not sure if it is going to be implemented though.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:19   #15703
BHPian

Can someone help me understand the traffic mayhem around KRPuram,ITI,Ramamurthy Nagar,TC Palya Main Road area ? It's been a catastrophe since morning and has reached the crescendo now.

Last edited by adi_gt : 11th May 2018 at 20:21.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:52   #15704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Can someone help me understand the traffic mayhem around KRPuram,ITI,Ramamurthy Nagar,TC Palya Main Road area ? It's been a catastrophe since morning and has reached the crescendo now.
Metro construction + Rain + Friday + People going to their native places for tomorrow's election = Mayhem
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2018, 21:16   #15705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Hemanth has summed it up rightly. When I was in the train this evening at 5 I could see traffic on ORR coming towards KR Pura backed up for quite some distance. Most of the people who are voting outside of Bangalore are heading to their destinations. The train from Hoodi to Bangalore city itself was at heights of being crowded.

The added fact that there are less policemen to control traffic would give transport buses, trucks and vans a gala time and they will stop all over the place. The recent works related to metro have further screwed up the available road width at Tin Factory.

I have completely altered my commute to office due to all the ongoing mess. Usage of car has reduced to one or two days a week. I am happily commuting by train and it is a happy feeling to sail on rails next to the road and stare at the standing traffic around. Thats why it was a long time since I posted here
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed