Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 18:36   #15946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Run DMUs every hour from KR Puram, YPR & stopping at Hebbal & Yelahanka.
Just FYI, trains from KR Puram or Yeshwantpur going towards Yelahanka/Devanahalli wouldn't touch Hebbal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
There is earmarked land next to BIAL toll booth for a station. With modern civil engineering they can build a station platform in 2 weeks flat.
Needs connecting road also. Hence the suggestion to use all existing infrastructure.

Last edited by binand : 9th August 2018 at 18:38.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 20:07   #15947
Senior - BHPian

Of all the traffic related threads on the forum, I think the post would be uber relevant here.
Quote:
...NITI Aayog on Thursday* launched a global mobility hackathon "Move Hack" to crowdsource future mobility solutions for India. Move Hack is the first platform in the world which has enmeshed public transport, private transport, road safety, multimodal connectivity and new age transport technologies...
Quote:
Mobility that ranges from pedestrian and personal transport to public transit and freight movement is extremely critical...
Quote:
We want the best minds in India and globally to compete and come up with prototypes and solutions for these challenges. India has some of the most diverse problem contexts in the world. If you can solve for India, you can solve for the world and we will help you get there.
Is it not time for us Bengalureans to don our thinking caps and do something that could perhaps crop/stunt the unhindered and rapid growth of this thread?

* Thursday, 02-08-2018

Link
Old 9th August 2018, 20:22   #15948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Just FYI, trains from KR Puram or Yeshwantpur going towards Yelahanka/Devanahalli wouldn't touch Hebbal.

Needs connecting road also. Hence the suggestion to use all existing infrastructure.
My apologies for the Hebbal mixup. BIAL station road already ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20180809202020.jpg  

Old 9th August 2018, 22:10   #15949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Actually they can if the starting point is YPR and take a long detour through Banaswadi (BAND), Hebbal (HEB), Baiyappanahalli (BYPL), Channasandra (CSDR) and YNK. Once the stretch between YNK and Devanahalli is electrified, EMU's can be operated.

Even the trains starting from KJM can use this detour in the reverse direction up to YPR where they have to change direction to proceed towards YNK.
Old 9th August 2018, 23:08   #15950
BHPian

Take a look at this photo, taken at 4.30 PM today, in front of EcoSpace.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-38802873_1927041590664551_7698171438569619456_o.jpg

Whats wrong with this photo? Well, the traffic flow looks 'relatively' disciplined with cars & buses adhering to their lanes
ankan.m.blr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 23:26   #15951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Whats wrong with this photo?
The aberration is that we can actually see road surface, which makes it look as though the road is 'free'. Normally we shouldn't see any road surface at all and only vehicle tops
perty is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 08:59   #15952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Of all the traffic related threads on the forum, I think the post would be uber relevant here.
Its just a re-hash of what Flipkart did a year ago. Hack Bangalore traffic or something of that sort, frankly if they do want India's best minds to have a go at reconstructing the wheel here are some hard facts :

1) Bangalore had a population of 25 lakhs 3 decades ago.

2) Bangalore's population has risen by exactly 1 crore today including a constant floating population.

3) Each of that population (specially those related to it "I.T" field) buys a KTM 390 or a Bullet with 2 mile long leg guards, and later graduate to a 4 wheeler.

4) Roads are a constant, save for the usual government mantra of "if you can't fix it, make a flyover" which guarantees a horror of a time during its construction and ensures the killing of hundreds of not thousands of trees.

5) Work-routes are a constant.. thank the noble planners for ensuring that south-east Bangalore gets 99% of all the I.T campuses in Bangalore. Those who want to be statistically correct, kindly don't bother with saying that there is Manyata Tech Park and maybe one or two other insects when compared to what lies in ORR, IRR, Electronics City.

6) Quality of roads is a constant, buses stop at the very end of signals and below flyovers. Either there are massive potholes at every junction or the roads are dug up to build glorious concrete roads like the assorted mess that is Audugodi today, yesterday they've broken the shoulder of the road again.

Either the government in collaboration with the "techies" have smoked some very powerful stuff which makes them feel that anything in life is "hackable" and the re-written codes will make the program run smooth. ROFL. Or they know exactly, the fact that Bangalore is beyond repair and they are putting the onus onto the people to show that things are tougher than they seem. Highest road-taxes in the nation, along with numerous other taxes paid to the centre and state so that they can hire town-planners, civic authorities and even outsource their dilemma to other countries but what do they do? Problems "hackathon", so does one use JAVA, C++ or .NET to solve these problems?
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 09:27   #15953
Senior - BHPian

Folks

There are 2 trains from Bangalore city and 1 train from Yesvantpur to Devanahalli. The route map is shown below.
But looks like the distance from Devanahalli station to KIAL is more.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-trains-devanahalli.jpg
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-devanahalli.jpg

I have shown an option wherein the SWR can construct a new railway station behind the airport.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-new-station.jpg

Last edited by suresh_gs : 10th August 2018 at 09:46.
Old 10th August 2018, 09:35   #15954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whats wrong with this photo? Well, the traffic flow looks 'relatively' disciplined with cars & buses adhering to their lanes
The cars and buses are not actually adhering to 'their' lanes. However it looks relatively disciplined because most of the vehicles are behind the vehicle in front.
Including the service lanes, there must be a maximum of 6 lanes But I see 8-10 vehicle lanes which shows that none are following their lane

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.jpg

Nice photo anyway!
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 09:56   #15955
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys I visited your city last 2 days after several years. I now understand why you need this thread. The 2-wheeler riders in Delhi NCR cannot hold a candle in front of the immortal riders of BLR. Dear God I promise never to complain of Delhi's traffic again.
V.Narayan is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 10:41   #15956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear God I promise never to complain of Delhi's traffic again.
A friend came from Mumbai for an official visit, and I kid you not, he told me the same thing- I will never complain about Mumbai traffic again!
Old 10th August 2018, 11:46   #15957
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Take a look at this photo, taken at 4.30 PM today, in front of EcoSpace. Whats wrong with this photo? Well, the traffic flow looks 'relatively' disciplined with cars & buses adhering to their lanes
Yep, that's the best I've ever seen it! Normally it's an unholy mess with cabs almost diagonal while cutting lanes, other vehicles going haywire and an equal number of vehicles trying to go the wrong way down the service lanes. Past 2 weeks, there have been cops at most junctions directing traffic and enforcing one-way traffic on the service lanes. It has made a huge difference. We're a people who can follow only 'danda' (stick), all this 'driver education', 'awareness campaigns', etc. will not work for Bangalore traffic.

Quote:
Guys I visited your city last 2 days after several years. I now understand why you need this thread. The 2-wheeler riders in Delhi NCR cannot hold a candle in front of the immortal riders of BLR. Dear God I promise never to complain of Delhi's traffic again.
Haha, which areas did you visit sir? All of Bangalore traffic is a mess, but some areas are especially blessed. Curious if you got darshan of those.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 11:59   #15958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take a look at this photo, taken at 4.30 PM today, in front of EcoSpace.
4 lane traffic merging in 2 lane service road and 6 lane traffic merging into 3 lane ORR. Nothing surprising
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Quote:
“The hackathon has two-pronged campaign approach: (a) ‘Just Code It’: aimed at solutions through innovations in technology / product / software and data analysis, and (b) ‘Just Solve It’: innovative business ideas or sustainable solutions to transform mobility infrastructure through technology,”

The winners will be announced during the Move Summit 2018, to be held in New Delhi on September 7-8.
Throwing software at traffic problem , we will have more apps built in 2 months using latest machine learning techniques & big data.
Old 10th August 2018, 12:07   #15959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
A friend came from Mumbai for an official visit, and I kid you not, he told me the same thing- I will never complain about Mumbai traffic again!
Congratulations, you have now been enlightened.

And Bangaloreans rejoice, we have the worst traffic in the country and we deserve the bragging rights.
Old 10th August 2018, 12:21   #15960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Congratulations, you have now been enlightened.

And Bangaloreans rejoice, we have the worst traffic in the country and we deserve the bragging rights.
All who have driven a car for 1000 kms in BLR are hereby eligible to be awarded the Traffic Chaos Valour Chakra for service in the BLR theatre of operations. I had one biz meeting in Whitefields and the other at a famous campus at Sarjapur Road. Google uncle told me it is a 2 hour drive. Well Noida to Mathura is also a 2 hour drive ;-)
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks