Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2018, 12:43   #16426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I can see a big patch of red from slightly before Hosa road junction till Electronic City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
All clear when I started for office at 8:50 AM.
There was a minor accident in front of one of the gates of the Bosch plant on Jail road. It looked like a Tempo Traveller rear-ended an Autorickshaw, probably because the latter braked late for the hump in front of the cut in the median and the former was tailgating.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 15:38   #16427
BHPian

*Not a rant on traffic. Kindly ignore if you are previously aware of this information. Any inputs or suggestions are most welcome.

If we want to go to City Railway station using metro, often we get confused as to which metro stop to get down, is it in Majestic Metro station or Sangolli Rayanna Metro station [SR Metro].

So here are the details for the same:

- From Majestic Metro station to city railway station it takes ~5-6 minutes by walk, good pathway to walk. Reaches the main gate of the station, where it touches the Platform 1 of railway station.

- From SR metro station to city railway station it takes ~10 minutes by walk, foot over bridge is not opened and its half ready. Need to take a gravel filled muddy road, I used this road in day time, in night it will be unsafe for senior citizens and ladies. This touches the 10th platform of railway station.

Hence I'd suggest to get down at Majestic Metro station to reach City Railway station.

Regards,
-Badri
Full_Minchingu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 15:43   #16428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
If we want to go to City Railway station using metro, often we get confused as to which metro stop to get down, is it in Majestic Metro station or Sangolli Rayanna Metro station [SR Metro].
Until the overbridge is connected, its quite difficult to use the metro transfer to the City railway station. At night, it is also somewhat deserted. I feel that if the departing outstation train is from platforms 1-4, then it will be quite convenient to come via Majestic metro itself. However, for the farther platforms, the CRS Metro will be closer, keeping aside the access issues.
Old 29th November 2018, 17:39   #16429
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This morning was wild in this splendiferous, wonderfully fantastic and mythical city which is also heavily populated by all manner of splendiferously wonderfully fantastic and mythical beasts.
I started from home in HSR at 0810.
And after much waiting and hanging about for ages at various bottlenecks, I reached my office parking slot in Koramangala at 0900.
50 minutes for 6 kms.
Now if that ain’t wild I dont know what is!
Best remedy. Put on some good old Bob Seeger and turn up the volume and to the devil with the world!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th November 2018 at 17:43.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 17:44   #16430
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
- From Majestic Metro station to city railway station it takes ~5-6 minutes by walk, good pathway to walk. Reaches the main gate of the station, where it touches the Platform 1 of railway station.
Few months ago, the subways have been opened connecting the Majestic Metro station to Railway station and the KSRTC Majestic Bus stand.
Old 30th November 2018, 14:44   #16431
Senior - BHPian

Bengaluru: Elevated corridor will run 102 km, have 6 corridors

Quote:
The feasibility report finalised for the Elevated Corridor Project looks at covering a distance of 102 km with six corridors — three main and three connecting ones. These details were finalised at a marathon meeting at Vidhana Soudha on Tuesday in the presence of all the civic stakeholders. The report will be presented to the Chief Minister on Thursday for the final seal of approval.

The proposed elevated corridors along with the long-planned Peripheral Ring Road are proposed as the answers to decongest the city’s choked roads.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-46945571_1138846732960125_8185190351632334848_n.jpg

News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 15:14   #16432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Bengaluru: Elevated corridor will run 102 km, have 6 corridors

Attachment 1823399

News Source.
If only this is a part of the jigsaw puzzle, so someone can just place it over the city and we continue our daily life.

I can't imagine the mess this is gonna create if it's getting approved.
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 15:25   #16433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
You said it. Incidentally, the 26,000 Cr the articles cites as the cost for this great project is about what the Metro Phase-2 requires!

Why not just finish the Metro first?

No matter the number of Ring Roads, Elevated roads, Peripheral or Whatever roads we come up with, it will never be enough for the number of road vehicles. The long term plan should be towards increasing public transport capacity and discouraging road vehicles. In the absence of such a policy, the next best thing is to let the roads go to heck (like they are doing now anyway) and let the situation become so bad that it becomes pointless to buy a vehicle in Bangalore anyway!
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 15:30   #16434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
You said it. Incidentally, the 26,000 Cr the articles cites as the cost for this great project is about what the Metro Phase-2 requires!

No matter the number of Ring Roads, Elevated roads, Peripheral or Whatever roads we come up with, it will never be enough for the number of road vehicles. The long term plan should be towards increasing public transport capacity and discouraging road vehicles. In the absence of such a policy, the next best thing is to let the roads go to heck (like they are doing now anyway) and let the situation become so bad that it becomes pointless to buy a vehicle in Bangalore anyway!
It has to make a few people richer. Hence, given higher priority. No surprise if these elevated corridors are contracted to some BBMP contractors or small construction companies in small packages. Instead, they should give it to a reputed company and let it be BOOT with some type of toll. That will definitely keep standards high.

On the other hand, this is a huge infrastructure mess all around the city and if not completed in a systematic and fast way, it has enough potential to ruin life all over the city. Even the ORR metro hasnt picked up progress which is another blunder. Hopefully, I am optimistic that with the opening of the whitefield metro by maybe 2022, there will be some traffic reduced inside the city and in the Tin factory - ITPL stretch.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 15:56   #16435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
!

I dont think going sequnetial will solve the answer, both are needed in parallel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
If only this is a part of the jigsaw puzzle, so someone can just place it over the city and we continue our daily life.

I live at the cusp of the North-South Corridor and the East-West II corridor. I hate to think of the havoc that will happen in my area.

BTW, the metro does not touch most of these places in second phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It has to make a few people richer. Instead, they should give it to a reputed company and let it be BOOT with some type of toll. That will definitely keep standards high.

On the other hand, this is a huge infrastructure mess all around the city and if not completed in a systematic and fast way, it has enough potential to ruin life all over the city. Even the ORR metro hasnt picked up progress which is another blunder. Hopefully, I am optimistic that with the opening of the whitefield metro by maybe 2022, there will be some traffic reduced inside the city and in the Tin factory - ITPL stretch.
Lining their pockets will be inevitable. The allocation of the project will depend on stability of the government (which has survived and seems to be performing better than expected ). Only way out if a central, tighly monitored grant is allocated but there is crony capitalism at the top.

Metro - just dig under and forget about land acquisition. Am sure economies of scale will play out
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2018, 16:00   #16436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I don't think going sequential will solve the answer, both are needed in parallel
Perhaps.

But I think what needs to happen in parallel is increasing public transport capacity AND discouraging road vehicles, not encouraging both.

Either way, we're in for a miserable decade ahead both in terms of commute times and air/dust pollution.
Old 30th November 2018, 19:41   #16437
BHPian

It is heartbreaking thinking about the greenery that might have to give way to this enormous project ; And all the inconvenience it will cause for all until it is completed.

But having said that these roads will be used for public transport as well and not just private vehicles, right? So we can argue that this is needed.

I am not on either side. Sitting on the fence and wondering .
Old 1st December 2018, 10:37   #16438
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Connectivity to the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) via the proposed dedicated suburban rail corridor for the city is a much better option than the proposed connectivity via Metro Rail, states consultancy firm Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES).
Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 1 Dec 2018 - Link
Old 1st December 2018, 13:39   #16439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 1 Dec 2018 - Link
This is ultra-stupid. Rather than making a Metro link to airport which is connected to Namma metro and makes it convenient to connect from existing network - why do they want to create a separate system which means first you trek all the way to Majestic, change to this rail line and then change to another line from train station to Airport terminal. Defeats the whole purpose of adding convenience to public transport.
Old 1st December 2018, 17:11   #16440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
This is ultra-stupid. Rather than making a Metro link to airport which is connected to Namma metro and makes it convenient to connect from existing network - why do they want to create a separate system which means first you trek all the way to Majestic, change to this rail line and then change to another line from train station to Airport terminal. Defeats the whole purpose of adding convenience to public transport.
A lot of cities across the world do not use the metro for airport commutes.

You need to change trains. Example in Stuttgart, the you need to take the metro (U Bahn) to the station housing the bigger trains (S Bahn) which go to the airport.
This might be easier on the passengers to the airport as they dont need to share the metro with daily commuters while carrying their 27 Liter suitcases.

Plus , you can connect this link to Mysore in the future. So a Guy staying in Mysore can reach BLR aiport in say 3 Hours.
vinaydas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks