Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2018, 12:26   #16576
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Can you list out where to take the service road? Till this flyover gets fixed, i'll need a reliable alternate route. I came on by bike today and it took me 1 hour, through HSR 27th main, kudlu road to hosur road. Harlur road is not an option due to the dirt track(all the digging for this!) that they call road.
I use the flyover everyday (except yesterday), it reduces the strain on the clutch and brake for the car.

For the sole reason of listing the junctions here, will use the main road and list it here soon.

If you use a two-wheeler, then the flyover should be easy, because buses are not allowed now (from silk board side).
Old 19th December 2018, 12:27   #16577
Distinguished - BHPian

With the mess at BETL, wondering how the upcoming festive weekend + week traffic is going to cope? Vast numbers of folks I know have block holidays next week and many are driving out of BLR.

Expect terrible scenes from Friday onwards!

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th December 2018 at 12:33.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 16:59   #16578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Not that much of a difference Naveen, at max you might add another 10 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Saturday noon should not be a problem on the flyover. But then, we never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Still take the elevated stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Please take the flyover, no heavy vehicles allowed, there is around 1Km stretch that is 1 lane but otherwise should be smooth if you have fasttag, else add another 5mins at the toll, but below the flyover will be unreliable. I got stuck behind 4KMs of trucks after the eCity phase 1 entrance once and never tried again.
Thanks guys. I think I will stick with the elevated stretch and with Fastag, it should be a bit quicker (last year Fastag did speed things up). I once took the main road below as I had to collect the car battery few years back. The signals definitely slowed me down.

Anyhow, I shall update when I drive down on Saturday.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 17:34   #16579
Senior - BHPian

Wondering why this video isn't shared here yet!!

If I were an influential person in KA, I would've immediately terminated this guys job & hired him for Commissioner of Police for traffic.

Parag bhai, you're going to love this guy
aargee is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 18:25   #16580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Parag bhai, you're going to love this guy
I salute this unknown hero! If every citizen of India is like him or 50% of him, we would be having much better place!
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 19:11   #16581
Senior - BHPian

Lucky guy to get out of the situation winning against BMTC. Hope he is not silently silenced by the BMTC cartel. Very dangerous to go against the organized sectors like this. Am sure his details are being circulated in the BMTC WhatsApp groups.
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 21:54   #16582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wondering why this video isn't shared here yet!
Thanks for sharing. That is one tough guy, hats off to him.

However, while the rogue elephant chose to tread back with its tail between the legs, many wily foxes and wolves crept past unconcerned, unabashed.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 23:29   #16583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Lucky guy to get out of the situation winning against BMTC. Hope he is not silently silenced by the BMTC cartel. Very dangerous to go against the organized sectors like this. Am sure his details are being circulated in the BMTC WhatsApp groups.
Thats quite a drastic statement to make. No doubt this matter would have been discussed among the drivers but them trying to take revenge is something blown out of proportions. At least with the BMTC chaps, they would be far better hushing up this incident and trying to save their skin instead of discussing about revenge. Perhaps with some other entity there could have been further escalation. The driver in this case is at risk of losing his job or incentive if this matter is taken up formally. Even if you count the corruption in system, it will lead to a lot of under the table dealings to get the driver back on roster.
It is sheer negligence and that damned 'adjustment' attitude that makes people do such activities. When the rider stood his ground, you can notice everyone getting defensive and not offensive which indicates that they don't want to escalate things further on which means trouble. Not sure if someone tweeted this to BMTC but that will mean trouble for the driver and conductor for sure. OTOH, the bike was a big one but I see rider riding without mirrors extended.

Last edited by audioholic : 21st December 2018 at 23:32.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 09:13   #16584
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Due to badly designed road junctions (possibly due to land acquisition problems at the time these roads/flyovers were constructed), we know how chaotic some of them can get. Hope these proposals take off soon to decongest these junctions. News articles about them here:
1. Gorguntepalya flyover - to ease the Outer Ring Road (Mysore Road-Tumkur Road stretch) junction and onwards towards BEL circle - this is a disjoint "ring" where one merges with Tumkur Road, takes a right turn and then a left turn at Taj Vivanta junction to continue on the Outer Ring Road towards BEL circle. This proposal was delayed due to land acquisition problems.

Source:New Indian Express 22 Dec 2018 - Link

2. Tin Factory junction - again the Outer Ring Road from Banaswadi side merges onto Old Madras Road via a down ramp and then merges onto the service road beside KR Puram Railway station followed by another up ramp to join the Outer Ring Road towards Doddanekkundi, etc towards the Silk Board junction. Now BMRCL has a proposal (early stages) to decongest this place with an elevated section, hope this one takes off too.

Source:New Indian Express 21 Dec 2018 - Link
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:08   #16585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thats quite a drastic statement to make. No doubt this matter would have been discussed among the drivers but them trying to take revenge is something blown out of proportions. At least with the BMTC chaps, they would be far better hushing up this incident and trying to save their skin instead of discussing about revenge.
Not too drastic my friend. I had a tiff with BMTC and AMD guys many years ago and I had even documented it in this very thread. While the issue got resolved as I managed to involve the AMD Asia facilities/HR head, I faced lots of hate comments and even details of my vehicle including the number posted on Youtube.

The advantage the biker had was that he is a Kannadiga or speaks Kannada very well. It would have been a completely different story if he had done the same thing speaking in Hindi or English.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:58   #16586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
With the mess at BETL, wondering how the upcoming festive weekend + week traffic is going to cope? Vast numbers of folks I know have block holidays next week and many are driving out of BLR.

Expect terrible scenes from Friday onwards!
This was at around 10.30am today. Traffic towards Hosur was bad and the block was almost a km long.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20181222_104821.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20181222_104833.jpg
Old 23rd December 2018, 08:48   #16587
BHPian

Quote:
Wondering why this video isn't shared here yet!!
Wish this mind set percolates to most who watch this video. Driving on the wrong side has now spread to the exit ramps of hebbal flyover! I saw a car and a bike coolly entering the exit towards manyata from airport, from manyata side. Probably because they couldn't bother to go to the u-turn near verrannapalya.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th December 2018 at 12:54. Reason: Video in quote removed
Old 24th December 2018, 10:26   #16588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Driving on the wrong side has now spread to the exit ramps of hebbal flyover!
I have also started seeing two wheelers coming from the opposite direction under the marthahalli flyover on ORR. Someone said, in this country, we have to look both ways even on a one way road. Very true.
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 11:21   #16589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Wish this mind set percolates to most who watch this video. Driving on the wrong side has now spread to the exit ramps of hebbal flyover! I saw a car and a bike coolly entering the exit towards manyata from airport, from manyata side. Probably because they couldn't bother to go to the u-turn near verrannapalya.
You mean they tried to enter onto the ramp wrong side from near the BMTC depot gate to go to Esteem mall side? That would have been outright dangerous to themselves as well as fellow motorists coming from Esteem mall side. Wonder where their ultimate destination is, because it is again impossible from there to merge on the road towards Airport.
Old 24th December 2018, 19:44   #16590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
You mean they tried to enter onto the ramp wrong side from near the BMTC depot gate to go to Esteem mall side? That would have been outright dangerous to themselves as well as fellow motorists coming from Esteem mall side. Wonder where their ultimate destination is, because it is again impossible from there to merge on the road towards Airport.
No, I suspect these geniuses wanted to get to the signal under the flyover, coming from somewhere in the red circle shown below.

It would not be long before they take on the traffic all the way up to Kodigehalli signal .
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-hbl.png  

nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks