Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:55   #16696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Do not tailgate a bigger vehicle!
I would add please don't squeeze into gaps on the left to overtake, I guess.

It is irritating and risky enough when two wheelers and autos do it. For a car to do this - well, it is even more of a pain.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had an Indicab race his engine, muscle in on the left and angle in front so he forces you to slow down and give way unless you want your paint scratched. These cabs have their fair share and more of dents and scratches so they generally don't care about one or two more...
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 09:29   #16697
Distinguished - BHPian

Friday morning, NICE Road . I started 10 minutes earlier than usual (without any particular reason) and luckily missed it by 10 mins.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20190125090843_maps.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20190125wa0011.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20190125wa0012.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:05   #16698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Friday morning, NICE Road . I started 10 minutes earlier than usual (without any particular reason) and luckily missed it by 10 mins.
Any idea what happened. It's spilled onto Hosur road and PES onwards fully blocked.

Got this from a colleague:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whatsapp-image-20190125-09.52.56.jpeg
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 10:29   #16699
Senior - BHPian

So far no one knows what has happened

I got an alert call from my colleague just when I was about to turn into NICE Road From Bannerghatta Road towards Hosur Road. Put on the Google Maps and went thru alternative route via Bettadasapura Main Road and reached my office in Electronics City avoiding NICE Road...
Old 25th January 2019, 10:39   #16700
Senior - BHPian

Is it still bad ? I'm about to leave home and I always take NICe road and exit towards Hosur Road towards Sarjapur Road side. I'm now thinking what alternate route would work.
Old 25th January 2019, 10:55   #16701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Is it still bad ? I'm about to leave home and I always take NICe road and exit towards Hosur Road towards Sarjapur Road side. I'm now thinking what alternate route would work.
It is still bad. The road was choked as far as the eye could see. Lots of trucks and cars had occupied the road shoulders.
Old 25th January 2019, 10:59   #16702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
By the latest traffic pattern on Google maps, it does look bad even now at the exit point and is blocked for nearly or more than a Km.

NICE exit a EC has been extremely miserable off late on consistent basis. Thanks to Metro work that shut one side of the service road down and the narrow service lane on the other side where traffic from NICE merges. There are my colleagues who spend 5-6 minutes driving from Bannerghatta Road to Hosur Road exit by paying toll and take the next 30-40 minutes to get out of the toll booth!

As for me, the city route via BETL even in its present state works best but for those who are left with no choice but take the NICE road, its a pity.
Old 25th January 2019, 13:02   #16703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
So far no one knows what has happened

Put on the Google Maps and went thru alternative route via Bettadasapura Main Road and reached my office in Electronics City avoiding NICE Road...
I was looking for alternate routes to EC from bannerghatta road. I haven't been in bangalore for a couple of years now. Is this the only route available? How is the road quality and general volume of traffic? Is this road better suited for a car or 2 wheeler?
Thanks,
Shreyas
Old 25th January 2019, 14:02   #16704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
I was looking for alternate routes to EC from bannerghatta road. I haven't been in bangalore for a couple of years now. Is this the only route available? How is the road quality and general volume of traffic? Is this road better suited for a car or 2 wheeler?
Thanks,
Shreyas
Most of the alternative routes are blocked due to the Metro work happening on the Service Road on Hosur Road. There was one very effective toll free road via Begur Road -> Manipal County on Manipal County Road. Now even if we use it, we have to go backwards on Hosur Road and take a U Turn at Kudlu gate which is usually jammed heavily. Do note that this route still works in the reverse direction if you are going back from E-City to Bannerghatta Road.

Another Alternative, I believe there is a Mud Road near Begur Lake which connects till Basapura Main Road - but once again we would need to enter Service Road and struggle.

This route that I took today morning, of going beyond NICE and going to EC via Bettadasanapura Main Road is quite long and I used it only today - I do not intend to repeat it regularly.

For now I think the alternatives are less until the Service Roads are opened from the Metro work. I hope they open it once the Pillars and track is done and not wait till the Stations are completed which would take too long...

For now, NICE Road seems to be the best option on days that it does not get jammed like today...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 25th January 2019 at 14:05.
Old 25th January 2019, 14:42   #16705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Another Alternative, I believe there is a Mud Road near Begur Lake which connects till Basapura Main Road - but once again we would need to enter Service Road and struggle.
If you are on a bike and is adventurous, you can try this route - I have tried this couple of times. This will take you directly to Electronic City from Begur lake.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-route.png

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 17:44   #16706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
If you are on a bike and is adventurous, you can try this route - I have tried this couple of times. This will take you directly to Electronic City from Begur lake.
Thanks I had heard about this route. I took the route in the reverse direction today from EC to Begur Lake on my Ignis today evening. However, I could not find the road shown in the map from near Pragathi Convent and had to enter Hosur Road via Chikkathagor Main Road. From there I once again entered Basapura Main Road and managed to go till Begur Road via the Lake Road. Its manageable on cars with higher ground clearance.

Is there a 4 wheeler type of road which connects from the Red mark shown in the map on the right side to the two possible points circled in yellow on the left if you are familiar with this area? (Essentially from Chikkathagor Main Road to Basapura Village Road without touching Hosur Road.)

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-pic.jpg
Electronics City Area
Old 26th January 2019, 11:50   #16707
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, need some help for a KIAL run, didn't want to blindly rely on gmaps, would rather get some first-hand BHPian recommendations

1. Outgoing flight on Sunday early morning, will be starting around 4:30am - how is the Outer Ring Road in the Banaswadi-Hebbal direction now ? Is the white topping work still a mess between Hennur-Hebbal ? Or should I go inside the city via Mekhri circle ?

2. Return flight on Monday morning, arriving around 7am - take the Hebbal-Outer Ring Road back towards Banaswadi or take any alternate route ?
Old 26th January 2019, 12:01   #16708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Outgoing flight on Sunday early morning, will be starting around 4:30am
White topping is a mess in the Hennur - hebbal stretch. If its that early, I would recommend driving through the city towards Hebbal as even Thanisandra/Hennur road is not is a great shape.

Quote:
Return flight on Monday morning, arriving around 7am
You can take Hebbal - banaswadi or even Bagalur - Hennur as the hebbal - banaswadi stretch doenst have any whitetopping going on as of yesterday.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2019, 13:30   #16709
BHPian

Drove on Nandidurga road after a long time. The road was very uneven and bumpy for the entire stretch. Our civic officials are least bothered about quality of the road, even arterial ones.
Old 26th January 2019, 14:39   #16710
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Drove on Nandidurga road after a long time. The road was very uneven and bumpy for the entire stretch.
If my memory serves me right, this road has been bad for the last 2 years at least with multiple rounds of digging by BWSSB for water and sewerage lines. A section of the road also got some concrete (mostly culverts/road over drains) but overall it is bumpy.

Last edited by NPV : 26th January 2019 at 14:40.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks