Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 16:58   #16831
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

BTP has tweeted that Asphalt Work (Resurfacing) for Silkboard Flyover started on the direction from Madivala towards Electronic City.

This should result in slow traffic right from Madivala underpass through Madivala Market.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp-tweet.jpg
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 19:45   #16832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
BTP has tweeted that Asphalt Work (Resurfacing) for Silkboard Flyover started on the direction from Madivala towards Electronic City.
To add to the fun; there is also concreting going on at St.Johns-Sarjapur Road junction. Today for some time they had restricted vehicular movement from that Junction towards Madivala market.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:12   #16833
BHPian

Beware !!

It seems the underpass work at Kundanahalli Gate has finally begun. The lanes have been narrowed down and some area in front of Bhima is barricaded.
Results: Long queues in all directions. Extreme caution and patience advised in case you intend to cross this "Gate".

Today morning at 7:30 AM, there was a long jam from Marathahalli - Spice Garden - Kundanhalli Gate.

All the best to the souls who cross this path each day.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 20:54   #16834
BHPian

Beware !!

The traffic police have stopped the left turn near Whitefield Honda towards ITI underpass for last two days. They are also not allowing the U- Turn at KR Puram Railway station. Seriously bad planning.
Old 12th March 2019, 21:20   #16835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Beware !!

The traffic police have stopped the left turn near Whitefield Honda towards ITI underpass for last two days. They are also not allowing the U- Turn at KR Puram Railway station. Seriously bad planning.
ORR traffic cutting into Whitefield road traffic, just to get into that small underpass, was anyways a bad idea. But why the heck is a proper U turn near railway station not allowed?
Old 12th March 2019, 22:59   #16836
Distinguished - BHPian

The U turn at KR Puram, while driving from Mahadevalura towards Ulsoor side was not legal. There has been a 'No U turn' board since long, traffic police randomly enforce the same based on rush also.

Maybe they started enforcing the same more strictly now.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 17:37   #16837
BHPian

Hey fellow bangaloreans! Have a query for all of you.

I haven't been in Bangalore for a couple of years now. I recently moved back home and will be starting my new job from next week. I'll be commuting from my house near Modi Hospital, Basaveshwarnagar to EC Phase-1.

What is the current situation like with regards to roads and traffic? I don't know what timings I'll have to follow but it is flexible so there is some leeway there. 2-wheeler/4-wheeler/BMTC buses/NICE road - all options are on the table.

I would prefer leaving home early(before 8) and reaching back home early too. What would be the best route for me to take?
Thanks in advance
Shreyas
shreyascashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 18:15   #16838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Hey fellow bangaloreans! Have a query for all of you.

I haven't been in Bangalore for a couple of years now. I recently moved back home and will be starting my new job from next week...
Best route from Basaveshwarnagar to EC-1 would be this - Basaveshwarnagar -Vijayanagar- PES Toll - EC-1. Even BMTC (600NL - Basaveshwarnagar/Vijayanagar to Wipro Gate ) runs on this route. This bus runs 5 trips in the morning and 5 in the evening.
autospeaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 19:47   #16839
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I noticed the antics of this guy on a Suzuki Intruder who was trying something with a BMTC bus. Any Ideas about what he is trying to achieve?

wildsdi5530 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 20:16   #16840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Any Ideas about what he is trying to achieve?
I am sure his gf is on that bus seated near the rear door.

Have seen similar antics before, on the highways, especially near colleges.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 20:28   #16841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Yesterday I noticed the antics of this guy on a Suzuki Intruder who was trying something with a BMTC bus. Any Ideas about what he is trying to achieve?
Wonderful This video is insane. Before we begin the jokes, I appreciate how patient you were in following the bus. You should have handed out a visiting card to him since I felt he needed it the most. My gut feeling says :
1. He was trying to impress someone in the bus by being a wannabe rider on a wannabe cruiser. What is funny is that he couldnt make it to the forward section of the bus where the women sit and could only reach till the men by which the driver used to cut him off, OR
2. Something from inside the bus was ejected onto him which made him really furious and then he began taking revenge by abusing each person inside the bus. Hence he is looking at one window at a time and probably hurling abuses.

Needless to say, this guy is foolish to do what he was doing, and he had too much of luck on his side and a skilled bus driver who decided not to run over him. Else he would have been crushed under that rear wheel by the time the bus driver would have even realised what happened.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 13:52   #16842
Senior - BHPian

Today's nightmare was at the BETL toll booth at Electronics City side. It was absolute chaos out there - one the toll booths on Hosur Road. Trucks, buses and other slow coaches coming in from Hosur side. Then you had the usual set of cabbies who entered the FasTag lanes with impunity. And add to the fun was buses and other vehicles coming down from the horse-shoe shaped ramp connecting EC Phase 1 with EC Phase 2. The icing on the cake was off course two wheelers who were trying to cross from the extreme right of Hosur road to the extreme left of the toll booths .
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fasttag_ec_180319.jpg  

sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 06:19   #16843
BHPian

Good news for ORR to Whitefield, Alpine Eco road takers!

They are finally putting concrete block dividers on this road.
Old 19th March 2019, 06:41   #16844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Good news for ORR to Whitefield, Alpine Eco road takers!

They are finally putting concrete block dividers on this road.
Unless they do a strict crackdown on wrong side driving across the city, I dont have trust in dividers anymore
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 08:13   #16845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Unless they do a strict crackdown on wrong side driving across the city, I dont have trust in dividers anymore
Agreed. So this stretch from NES Signal all the way to Rajankunte (nearly 8 Kms) in Yelahanka saw placement of concrete dividers during the recently concluded Aero India Show to ensure (or reduce) wrong side drivers, quick U-Turns etc so traffic flow is seamless in both directions because this was one of the alternate routes to reach the venue as well as KIAL.

When they placed this, I was all praises but less hopeful that the arrangement was temporary and soon after the show these would be removed;thankfully they all are still in place. But like you mention, the worst part is now riders and drivers take the wrong side much ahead where there is a break in the median and continue on the wrong side for a longer stretch as opposed to what they did before. For instance, if someone had to take a right turn and there was no break in the median they would start taking the wrong side 100 meters ahead that today they do this from as long as 300 meters!!

I am seriously appalled how Bangalore is witnessing a surge with these wrong side drivers/riders that happens right in front of cops and they do nothing.

Right at the place where I take left turn to enter a lane, I encounter vehicles taking the wrong side to enter another parallel lane only to avoid a U-Turn that is barely 150 meters away. A cop is regular here in morning and evenings, especially during School bus timings and one evening I did roll down and asked the cop why she was allowing everyone to take the wrong side to which she answered me "what to do sir, we have been asked by our higher ups to allow this".

So tell me how things will improve here?

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th March 2019 at 08:17.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks