Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 08:44   #16846
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I hate to say this again and again, but the problem is a known devil.. just that the government, cops and public just do not want to do anything about it.

As a car owner, I'll say that private LMVs are the weakest link, most exploited and most harassed vehicles in the city. The alpha vehicles are the two wheelers.. most susceptible to damage & injury but the absolute leader of the pack, they go where they want, they bump into whom they want, they cross red signals with careless abandon and they, in their infinite wisdom and though many years of their brotherhood (food-delivery minions included) spreading the philosophy of chaos and car-nage, have struck fear into the minds of many a private car owner. Second in the alpha pack are their brethren the Uber and OLA drivers who also follow in the philosophy of going against one-ways, crossing at red-lights and bumping into cars as a form of guilty pleasure.

To be politically correct is to have a tolerant, all-inclusive, unbiased, non-partisan and detached view on everything. Problem is, how long can this chaos continue? BBMP have erected dividers everywhere but that is not stopping two-wheelers and cabbies from violating them completely, even having the courage to go all the way into the wrong side of the one-way and bulldoze the motorists following the rules. Yesterday I saw a superbike who went blinding fast into the wrong side of a road, tilted the whole bike into a right turn like he was riding an F1 chicane and went scott-free.

Call me biased, or a hater.. but every bike I see out there in the city, I either fear them or loathe them, but not respect them. It maybe true that more than half may comply with the rules and are simply out there trying to reach their destination, but I've never seen them. I know people are supportive of food-delivery people, but however noble may their profession be, it gives them no right to break rules in traffic and endanger others lives in doing so, I've had near heart-attacks dealing with the way they ride.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 10:07   #16847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

To be politically correct is to have a tolerant, all-inclusive, unbiased, non-partisan and detached view on everything. Problem is, how long can this chaos continue? BBMP have erected dividers everywhere but that is not stopping two-wheelers and cabbies from violating them completely, even having the courage to go all the way into the wrong side of the one-way and bulldoze the motorists following the rules. Yesterday I saw a superbike who went blinding fast into the wrong side of a road, tilted the whole bike into a right turn like he was riding an F1 chicane and went scott-free.

What ? The ones I see coming on the wrong side have their lights ON. They are following some rule that they created I have fought and blocked many of them. I keep doing this to 2 wheelers all the while behaving as if I couldn't see them.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 10:48   #16848
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
The alpha vehicles are the two wheelers.. most susceptible to damage & injury but the absolute leader of the pack, they go where they want, they bump into whom they want, they cross red signals with careless abandon and they, in their infinite wisdom and though many years of their brotherhood (food-delivery minions included) spreading the philosophy of chaos and car-nage, have struck fear into the minds of many a private car owner. Second in the alpha pack are their brethren the Uber and OLA drivers who also follow in the philosophy of going against one-ways, crossing at red-lights and bumping into cars as a form of guilty pleasure.
You forgot the real alpha - autorickshaws. If the 2 wheelers are alpha's of the wolfpack, the auto is the grizzly male, who can't be intimidated by puny wolves.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 21st March 2019 at 06:44. Reason: Corrected punctuation.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:09   #16849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Hey fellow bangaloreans! Have a query for all of you.
Welcome back to the city of chaos. I know I am not answering your question, an ardent suggestion until you get used to the chaos, whenever possible, try to work from home.
Old 19th March 2019, 11:37   #16850
BHPian

Quote:
Call me biased, or a hater.. but every bike I see out there in the city, I either fear them or loathe them, but not respect them. It maybe true that more than half may comply with the rules and are simply out there trying to reach their destination, but I've never seen them.
A very sad statement to make but I completely sympathize with this predicament of yours.

A very recent experience, last Sunday I was on a ride with a couple of friends. We were 5 bikes on our way back to Bangalore from Mekedatu, this road is majorly a 2 lane road.

About 20 km before connecting to NICE road at the kanakapura exit, there were these 2 guys on a KTM RC with no riding gear whatsoever, were initially riding in a calm manner but once me and my friends who were also riding sadately passed him, something bruised his ego to an extent that he started riding along side us, revving like an imbecile and once he was satisfied with all that, he overtook us and a few cars ahead of us like he was some serpentine!

Me and my fellow riders slowed down to let him go well ahead of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
you forgot the real alpha - autorickshaws. If the 2 wheelers are alpha's of the wolfpack, the auto is the grizzly male, who can't be intimidated by puny wolves.
Bang on!
These rick drivers have forgotten that even though they have a handle, they have 3 wheels and cannot fit into most places where a bike can pass with ample space to spare.

Last edited by Ashkait Kapoor : 19th March 2019 at 11:39.
Old 19th March 2019, 13:05   #16851
Senior - BHPian

A question for BLR guys. I am flying to Bangalore this week, and driving back to Hyderabad on Saturday or Sunday from Leela Palace area.

I am not sure if road works on the ORR towards Hebbal have been completed. I normally use that route via Indira Nagar. Please advise if that is ok now, or should I stick to the Trnity Circle/ Raj Bhavan route?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th March 2019, 13:07   #16852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
A question for BLR guys. I am flying to Bangalore this week, and driving back to Hyderabad on Saturday or Sunday from Leela Palace area.

I am not sure if road works on the ORR towards Hebbal have been completed. I normally use that route via Indira Nagar. Please advise if that is ok now, or should I stick to the Trnity Circle/ Raj Bhavan route?

Thanks in advance.
Venu Bhai stick to raj bhavan road. you will save at least 30 mins.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 13:10   #16853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

Thanks for your instantaneous response, Himanshu. Will do as advised.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 14:31   #16854
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
To get to Raj Bhavan

Drive to Command Hospital, turn right at the traffic light, join MG Road. Turn right at next traffic light onto Dickenson Road, take next left onto Cubbon Road
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 14:54   #16855
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Take the ORR with eyes closed. No whitetopping work at the moment. If it's early morning (before 7am) than you can think of Rajbhavan road etc. You will get stuck behind really slow moving traffic with in the city.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 17:51   #16856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
To get to Raj Bhavan

Drive to Command Hospital, turn right at the traffic light, join MG Road. Turn right at next traffic light onto Dickenson Road, take next left onto Cubbon Road
Thanks. I am aware of that route, as most cabs to the airport take that one.

There's a difference of only around 4 kms when compared to the ORR route to Hebbal, but during peak hours, Google suggests the ORR.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th March 2019 at 17:54.
Old 19th March 2019, 19:55   #16857
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
All work on ORR is completed. It’s a breeze once you get down from Beningahalli bridge.
Stick to ORR is my suggestion.
LonelyPlanet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 22:46   #16858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Google suggests the ORR.
A slightly different route I would suggest if place of your stay is on Leela Palace side of the road.

Take Jeevanbhima Nagar BSNL office road - Join Old Madras road - Proceed till Ulsoor lake and take right - Cross MEG center and take right at next circle - Proceed on Millers road - Cross RT Nagar TV tower - Mekhri circle.

I have felt this is the faster route from Indiranagar area during peak time.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:23   #16859
Senior - BHPian

So BTP decided to install dividers bang opposite my apartment exit gate and I have to take U turn about 10 FT ahead to hit other side. The road I am referring to Alpine Eco road connecting ORR and Graphite.According to BTP the cars coming out of apartment were causing jam near rainbow hospital hence installed divider.This has been there for 2 days and all cars are making 2 point U- turn thanks to narrow road. The traffic has been same or worse despite today being a holiday.
Old 20th March 2019, 16:22   #16860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The alpha vehicles are the two wheelers.. most susceptible to damage & injury but the absolute leader of the pack, they go where they want, they bump into whom they want, they cross red signals with careless abandon
Cannot agree more and these susceptible folks make themselves even more so by not wearing helmets.

Quote:
Call me biased, or a hater.. but every bike I see out there in the city, I either fear them or loathe them, but not respect them. It maybe true that more than half may comply with the rules and are simply out there trying to reach their destination, but I've never seen them.
I think this is the plight of all private car folks in the city
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks