Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 18:50   #16981
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

This is the PES campus off Outer Ring Road near Nayandahalli/Hoskerehalli and not the old PES college campus on 100 feet road, Hanumanthanagar/Girinagar right ?

Since it's on a weekday at 2pm, I think I will suggest taking the metro to Nayandahalli and then an auto/cab to reach PES campus. Makes sense ?
Yep, this is the PESIT campus off outer ring road near hoskerahalli. The hanumanthanagar one is a PU college and not an engineering college.

As you've said, the best decision would be to take the metro to Nayandahalli and then an auto/cab to the PES campus. The campus should be around 3 km~ from the metro station. Travelling in a cab all the way wouldn't be a good idea with all the road work going on in hoskerahalli, near the NCERT junction. Roads are being switched between one and two ways almost every single week here!
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 18:52   #16982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the PES campus off Outer Ring Road near Nayandahalli/Hoskerehalli and not the old PES college campus on 100 feet road, Hanumanthanagar/Girinagar right ?

Since it's on a weekday at 2pm, I think I will suggest taking the metro to Nayandahalli and then an auto/cab to reach PES campus. Makes sense ?
Yes, correct, this is on the Outer Ring Road between Hosakerehalli and Nayandahalli. Makes sense to take a auto from Nayandahalli metro station, PES campus is quite close.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 18:56   #16983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PES University

Since it's on a weekday at 2pm, I think I will suggest taking the metro to Nayandahalli and then an auto/cab to reach PES campus.
Yes, this is the one on the ring road. If they are dependent upon public transport then its better to reach there pretty early. If auto is unavailable in the metro station even bus will be pretty convenient since its some two stops away.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 19:49   #16984
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@Parag, @audioholic, @kiloaplha, @Prathik - Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Yep, this is the PESIT campus off outer ring road near hoskerahalli. The hanumanthanagar one is a PU college and not an engineering college.
This one isn't an Engineering entrance exam, I think it's for Hotel Management and I wanted to be absolutely sure "100 feet Ring Road" in the address indeed was Outer Ring Road and my bad, the Hanumanthanagar PU college campus is on 50 feet road, for some reason I thought it was 100 feet road and wanted to confirm that this exam was in the Outer Ring Road campus.

Last edited by NPV : 8th April 2019 at 19:52.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 19:49   #16985
BHPian

Had a stress free driving today morning from HSR to Ecoworld. Roads were relatively empty in the evening too. What changed? Elections in AP? Really?
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 19:52   #16986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Had a stress free driving today morning from HSR to Ecoworld. Roads were relatively empty in the evening too. What changed? Elections in AP? Really?
Yes quite some people left yesterday for the elections. The same case will continue next week as well as many people are heading home.
Old 11th April 2019, 21:30   #16987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roads were relatively empty?
Was it? Morning for me took the same time as usual. Evening, there was a BMTC Volvo which broke down at start of flyover near Country Club, Devarbeesinahalli causing a jam from Kadubeesinahalli. However, past the breakdown road was empty. That could be the reason you noticed less traffic in evening.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 08:23   #16988
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , even in my team , some of the guys left to vote in AP. Also, not related to Traffic, the piles of uncollected garbage is supposed to due to the same reason.
Old 12th April 2019, 09:01   #16989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from elections, no school buses are plying on the roads thereby making commuting a bit easier. This will change once the schools reopen in June
Old 12th April 2019, 09:05   #16990
BHPian

Has anyone seen what is exactly going on just before/after the HAL signal (Suranjan Das road/old Airport road) junction with all the deviations?

I passed by that place at 10:00 p.m. Hence could not exactly figure out.
Old 12th April 2019, 10:03   #16991
BHPian

Something very strange on Sarjapura Road today..

I was stunned and rendered speechless.

A small section, near Carmelaram, about 300mts to 500mts of fresh road was laid. Very thin layer of asphalt, but still, a fresh layer of ashpalt.

It has been years since I have seen this.
OrangeCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 10:04   #16992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Has anyone seen what is exactly going on just before/after the HAL signal (Suranjan Das road/old Airport road) junction with all the deviations?
It is prep work for the signal-free corridor work. I think it an underpass that is planned there (towards Marathahalli). The deviations are to provide some respite when the main carriageway will be dug up.

I think the operational one starts from Suranjan Das Road from across the SBI branch and ends on OA Road just beyond Vimanapura post office.
Old 12th April 2019, 11:02   #16993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post

I passed by that place at 10:00 p.m. Hence could not exactly figure out.
Work on signal free corridor, looks like a under pass but not sure why they would do that towards the corner. Even at kundalahalli signal they are doing the same thing.
Old 16th April 2019, 07:52   #16994
Distinguished - BHPian

Remember reading something similar earlier too, so not sure if it's just 'recycled, news-
Quote:
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (BMRCL) has started acquiring properties for the construction of Namma Metro’s Outer Ring Road (ORR) line from Silk Board to K.R. Puram.

The BMRCL needs 39,300 sq. m of land to build the 17-km line with 13 stations. The project, which has been taken up under Phase II – A , is estimated to cost ₹4,200 crore. The government has issued notification for acquisition of land and properties for the project.
Link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 09:46   #16995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Something very strange on Sarjapura Road today..

I was stunned and rendered speechless.

A small section, near Carmelaram, about 300mts to 500mts of fresh road was laid. Very thin layer of asphalt, but still, a fresh layer of ashpalt.

It has been years since I have seen this.
I noticed the entire stretch from Carmelaram railway station junction to Carmelaram post office tarred! Not sure if the entire Sarjapur Road from Colombia Asia hospital till Carmelaram will be tarred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks