Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2019, 21:24   #17311
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
BTW, in the game, roundabouts, which we so carelessly destroyed, seem to be the most effective at ensuring traffic does not get jammed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I slight differ on this point. ... people drive sensibly due to fear. .
That's because the basic rule about roundabouts is to let people coming from the right to go first. Here in BLR, people will come in from all sides - a favorite habit is to come wide from left and turn right. This simple behaviour causes the lock. Like tightening a screw.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 22:12   #17312
Team-BHP Support

Our national favorite roundabout habit is what I like to call the Swastika move, incoming traffic from all four directions hitting a circle. Guaranteed gridlock.

'I'll gladly waste an hour to avoid waiting 10 seconds!'
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 13:36   #17313
BHPian

The exit from nice road towards Electronic City Phase - 1 is a dreaded challenge. (White feather U turn and then the service road exit) Today I was victim to my own employers bus! The driver happily came and nudged me while I was still. I was almost run over by the bus and the bus guy did not have any regrets at all. He simply said, there is no space so I will mow you down. The cops are helpless and also useless. They try managing the traffic, but with situations like these they wash their hands away. They had a clear picture of the incident, but will not take any corrective actions at the spot against these guys since the money/power of the people operating goes all the way high and no one would weigh traffic, safety or life over their own deary jobs. There were other chaps who helped me get to my feet and tried telling the bus driver his fault. But the bus driver simply moves on! No signs of being apologetic. The company which I work for has a fleet of 80-90 buses for each shift. Woah! that certainly translates to loads of money and power going to right places to run such a huge fleet! The company which I'm referring to also had one of it's bus ram a couple of vehicles last week on NICE road and they were the reason for the huge jam on NICE road last week. Is there any way which I can take this up legally? Having witness so many accidents by the employer whom I work for is terrifying and the downside of this whole saga is, even the company would not solve this for me. Because they want their fleet to run smoothly and not affect their business! To hell with resolution they do not even care to pacify.

The whole NICE road and the junction at exit is a nightmare! I would certainly want to take this up and get it sorted as a citizen and let go of my misfortunes! But at least make sure other people do not get mowed down. Any leads, contacts or approach which I should take?
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 13:45   #17314
Distinguished - BHPian

Anything you do, will instantly put you out of a job. Even proceeding internally will be an issue of the driver comes to know who you are, and decides to pay you a visit with a few friends.

Watch out.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 13:47   #17315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
The exit from nice road towards Electronic City Phase - 1 is a dreaded challenge. (White feather U turn and then the service road exit) Today I was victim to my own employers bus! The driver happily came and nudged me while I was still. I was almost run over by the bus and the bus guy did not have any regrets at all. He simply said, there is no space so I will mow you down. The cops are helpless and also useless. They try managing the traffic, but with situations like these they wash their hands away. They had a clear picture of the incident, but will not take any corrective actions at the spot against these guys since the money/power of the people operating goes all the way high and no one would weigh traffic, safety or life over their own deary jobs. There were other chaps who helped me get to my feet and tried telling the bus driver his fault. But the bus driver simply moves on! No signs of being apologetic.?
Sad really. Did you not complain to your employer’s transportation department. They might ask for proof of the incident (this is how these crooks escape, are we meant to save ourselves or click pics)
Old 8th July 2019, 14:05   #17316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Anything you do, will instantly put you out of a job. Even proceeding internally will be an issue of the driver comes to know who you are, and decides to pay you a visit with a few friends.

Watch out.
Well, I mean I get where you are coming from and that's true. That's the first thought which I had too, but again I just feel it's not right to let go off everything. They need to value life and not their precious few seconds. If I don't even try and see someone getting into a fatal accident at the spot. Where I know it's a known cause, that guilt will not let me be at peace. I still feel I should, at least give it a try. I did document this and sent a mail to a few people who might be responsible for employee safety. At least if they pay me a visit personally the damage will be done but there will be proof of it. A company with such a huge brand name will not let go of their Image because of a relatively small indent to them. For me it's my life, for them it's just another case. I always ride with jacket which has level-2 protectors and more than decent helmet (DOT and ECE certified). Riding on NICE road without this is like a death wish according to me! But there are other folks who are not well guarded and this menace should have a check at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Sad really. Did you not complain to your employer’s transportation department. They might ask for proof of the incident (this is how these crooks escape, are we meant to save ourselves or click pics)
I did, it was simple. I will call the vendor talk to him. The vendor was all ears to tell me that he's helpless. Got hold of the driver and I did have a photo of him with the number. The vendor in the end pleads, don't complaint and he'll have my bike fixed. But I know how this goes, once I call up the vendor will stop responding and by EOD tomorrow this will be just another hit and run for them.
Old 8th July 2019, 14:14   #17317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I did, it was simple. I will call the vendor talk to him. The vendor was all ears to tell me that he's helpless. Got hold of the driver and I did have a photo of him with the number. The vendor in the end pleads, don't complaint and he'll have my bike fixed. But I know how this goes, once I call up the vendor will stop responding and by EOD tomorrow this will be just another hit and run for them.
That's really terrible to hear. What sort of company is this?! The company I work for is nothing great, but am pretty sure that if something like this happened, my manager would raise hell with the transport department.

Hope you are ok buddy.

I know it's easy for me to sit here and say and of course you must take the decision based on what will cause least hassle for you, but I would certainly have gone personally to the transport guy at my company and the HR person and let them know that if no action is taken, I will file a complaint with the cops.

As we are seeing, instead of investing in real public transport, we are going to start regretting investing in these IT company buses and cabs/Ola Uber, that we think are making our lives easy. Run by thugs and driven by thugs with good cuts and kickbacks being delivered to the transport departments of IT companies for giving them the contracts.

Last edited by am1m : 8th July 2019 at 14:18.
Old 12th July 2019, 15:04   #17318
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the political situation in the state capital is also having a negative impact on the traffic situation. The Bangalore Police have pulled out a sizeable number of policemen (from Traffic and L&O) for bandobust duties in the Central Division (Vidhana Soudha et.al). Today I could see lot of traffic policemen missing from their usual places - especially the motor cycle borne "cobras". And there was a building collapse yesterday, the culprits are yet to be arrested. Reason being the L&O officers were all busy at Vidhana Soudha.
sachinpk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 06:56   #17319
Distinguished - BHPian

Banngerghatta road users, and those traveling from Jayanagar to Silkboard via BTM: brace up !

Jayadeva flyover demolition starts Monday, 15th July

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le28367174.ece
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 10:34   #17320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Jayadeva flyover demolition starts Monday, 15th July
Don't know if there is a connection/correlation. Today there was a traffic jam starting from the elevated highway itself. Things improved a bit after reaching Silkboard fly over (because vehicles proceeding towards BTM or HSR from Hosur Road, would have taken the side road at the side of the Silk Board fly over. I entered the jam at around 0900Hrs and got out by around 0920Hrs.
Old 15th July 2019, 11:12   #17321
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Road from Bommanahalli signal towards Mangamanapalya was barricaded this morning. I suppose vehicle movement is not allowed in this direction. Infact my bus to ITPL went all the way till Kudlu signal before taking left and entering HSR through Somasundarapalya
Old 15th July 2019, 11:22   #17322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Folks

Road from Bommanahalli signal towards Mangamanapalya was barricaded this morning. I suppose vehicle movement is not allowed in this direction. Infact my bus to ITPL went all the way till Kudlu signal before taking left and entering HSR through Somasundarapalya
You mean Bommanahalli signal toward HSR layoutside road is closed for traffic ?
Old 15th July 2019, 11:59   #17323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
You mean Bommanahalli signal toward HSR layoutside road is closed for traffic ?
Yes, this is what i noticed this morning while going to office.
Old 15th July 2019, 16:42   #17324
BHPian

Noticed this weekend that Electronics City Elevated Toll charged me 50 + 20 for my trip. Earlier it was 45 + 25.
Any idea if this has been changed to increase one way revenue? Or just some temporary issue.
Old 15th July 2019, 16:50   #17325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Yes, this is what i noticed this morning while going to office.
I noticed this too today morning. Any idea if the barricade is permanent or temporary ? Looks permanent to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks