Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2019, 17:05   #17446
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Apart from work-related commutes, BLR has turned into urban islands where folks do not (as a rule) step out of their particular island.
I now have a contractual obligation signed with my better half that the border for me is Hebbal and anything and everything we need to do - Shopping, Food, Movies, Recreation etc will happen anywhere in and around Yelahanka only and I am quite happy with this contract . So Yelahanka - Jakkur - Sahakarnagar - Vidyaranyapura satisfies most of our requirements. If we need a drive, we take the peaceful road to Devanahalli via MVIT road and have dinner and return even more peacefully. Heck, even a drive all the way till Doddaballapura and back is a quite a nice one.

Most of my relatives stay in proper South Bangalore areas - Jayanagar, JP Nagar, BSK, Bannerghatta Road and I rarely visit them even when I drive to office once in a while. For parents I simply book a cab or they take a Metro till where (Station) they take a cab too.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th August 2019 at 17:08.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 22:55   #17447
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Google uncle kidding with this dark red is it really the scene at 11PM in the night?
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 22:58   #17448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Is Google uncle kidding with this dark red is it really the scene at 11PM in the night?
Attachment 1907130
Rained heavily in Bellandur. Ecospace area is waterlogged as usual. Sample from twitter:
https://twitter.com/rronak3/status/1...467627520?s=08
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 23:11   #17449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ORR is notorious these days even on the normal days. Absolute chaos all over and people make their own rules and ways to reach from point A to B at the earliest. No regards to rules and fellow commuters. And the administration seems to have no interest in making this stretch any better. BDA/BBMP busy granting permissions to more and more constructions and cops busy with hunting down helmetless riders. Nothing more!
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:16   #17450
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1907130
Very much true. I was one of the pixels on that dark red line. By the time I reached Ecospace, around 11:15pm, there was no water on the road.
Vehicles were piled up till the end of flyover at Sarjapur and then miraculously, the road was clear from there. It took 1hr 50 mins for me to get from Bagmane tech park ORR, till Sarjapur road flyover and another 15 mins from there to hosa road.
john.gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:28   #17451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Google chacha is happy to show how bangalore roads looks blood red late in the nights too. Yesterday left ITPL at 7 PM and reached my home in Bommanahalli at 10 40 PM. I will not say anything beyond this.
suresh_gs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 09:38   #17452
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess I can now apply for the driver position of ISRO's Chandrayaan lunar rover Pragyan. I've excellent experience in manoeuvring a vehicle safely on craters of NICE road!!
3 days of rain and the geography of this road has completely changed! And it costs ₹4 per km for a car
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:10   #17453
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess yesterday was better than today Massive gridlock everywhere. I left to office a little later but was on a bounce bike. Hence I could make way through potential gridlock points. Now that seem to have got worse. Would advise people to stay away from ORR, Mahadevpura, Alpine Eco road and Graphite India.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-ca.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I guess I can now apply for the driver position of ISRO's Chandrayaan lunar rover Pragyan. I've excellent experience in manoeuvring a vehicle safely on craters of NICE road!!
3 days of rain and the geography of this road has completely changed! And it costs ₹4 per km for a car
Wasnt the NICE road concretized? Are there still craters? That road is just blatant fleecing of people who have no other go but to use it.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:15   #17454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Attachment 1907130
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Very much true. I was one of the pixels on that dark red line. By the time I reached Ecospace, around 11:15pm, there was no water on the road.
Vehicles were piled up till the end of flyover at Sarjapur and then miraculously, the road was clear from there. It took 1hr 50 mins for me to get from Bagmane tech park ORR, till Sarjapur road flyover and another 15 mins from there to hosa road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Google chacha is happy to show how bangalore roads looks blood red late in the nights too. Yesterday left ITPL at 7 PM and reached my home in Bommanahalli at 10 40 PM. I will not say anything beyond this.
A couple who are my yoga buddies - live near Columbia Asia hospital next to the ORR. Their story is as follows

Normally, they come to class in the morning to Bangalore Club (thats dedication!) then the husband goes on to work in town. Yesterday, at 4.30AM, he set off from Coorg and was having breakfast in Bangalore club at 8.30am before going to work. They decided to go for the evening class and left the club at 8.30PM. 1045 PM, the wife was wading home across the road at Columbasia hospital while the husband continued till the Total Mall U turn and returned. He walks in at 11.40PM.

In summary, Coorg to Bangalore Club took less time than Bangalore Club to Sarjapur
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 11:35   #17455
Senior - BHPian

Heard through Whatsapp that the road has caved in near SAP Labs (Graphite India - Kundanahalli stretch) in Whitefield and massive jams around there.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 12:52   #17456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Heard through Whatsapp that the road has caved in near SAP Labs (Graphite India - Kundanahalli stretch) in Whitefield and massive jams around there.
Yes, the jam had such an effect that our cafeteria food was not delivered on time and our lunch was delayed by half hour
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:31   #17457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I too heard this. Apparently the caved road also took a car with it. Hope it was a parked car. But this has gridlocked lots of roads. Harrowing stories of Kundanhalli signal to ITPL travel time of 3 hours are emerging on social media. And it is totally believable. Unfortunately it gets only worse every year. The Whitefield and AECS Layout area will only get crowded once the Bagmane Tech Park off Graphite Road and the Prestige Park go full steam operational. Its scary to think what might happen to that locality.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:35   #17458
Senior - BHPian

Here is a tweet from the ACP:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-gi.png  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:37   #17459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Here is a tweet from the ACP:
Oh my gosh! I don't work/live there, but I know that stretch, this is going to cause immense trouble for people in that area today, damn.

What is going on with this city? Perpetually under repair, when does it all get finally done and just starts working?!

Was going through the BTP tweets, led me to this one:
https://twitter.com/Mvmtraffic/statu...53959962931201

Now, am making assumptions only based on that pic, but the stretch of road that is closed for white-topping seems perfectly fine as it is. So why re-do it?! Crazy, seems like a real scam all these roadworks going on!
Old 21st August 2019, 20:21   #17460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
....the stretch of road that is closed for white-topping seems perfectly fine as it is. So why re-do it?! Crazy, seems like a real scam all these roadworks going on!
If there's a white-topped road in Bangalore that actually needed it, I'm yet to see it.

The quality of work is horrible, so good luck making any of that last beyond a couple years before they tar them over, like they did all the underpasses on ORR.

Most Viewed