Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2019, 10:31   #17941
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This was the initial proposal with 81 stations, then was revised down to 53. But the new stations should be from the ones seen in the initial plan.
Hope they provide ample parking and last mile connectivity options. The success of the whole project would depend on that. See for example the chennai or the famed mumbai suburban train systems and you would understand that its finally these two pretty unsophisticated systems that led to projects success . If not then its back to square one. A simple share auto or mini bus would do the job. Personally, i would prefer the Squeeze-the-juices-out type mumbai trains as against the sit-hapless-inside-your-car traffic snarls,if it save time.

Last edited by srini1785 : 7th November 2019 at 10:36.
srini1785 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 13:24   #17942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
ORR alert near Ramamurthynagar Underpass, towards Hebbal
Almost close to the Underpass, Concrete dividers have been placed on the road, causing traffic to pile up till KR Puram. These dividers are death knells for folks who are distracted by phone/music etc - please be aware and drive safe, IMO, they have been put in place for White Topping
Looks like that route is in stand still mode. I was about to take that route and decided to check here. Thanks for the update. Looks like I will go another day, which is better than to stand under the sun for hours together. What a sad state of affairs.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-kr.png  

Old 7th November 2019, 13:36   #17943
BHPian

Quote:
Almost close to the Underpass, Concrete dividers have been placed on the road, causing traffic to pile up till KR Puram. These dividers are death knells for folks who are distracted by phone/music etc - please be aware and drive safe, IMO, they have been put in place for White Topping
True. Saw them yesterday evening when returning. In the evening, need to be careful as they are not even visible. I stopped using the opposite route in morning post Diwali holidays and commuting via Chikkabanasawadi road now. So the evening route also will be via Chikkabanasawadi road for me.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.png
Old 7th November 2019, 14:05   #17944
BHPian

Not sure if this is posted earlier. Looks like BTP has finally woken up and addressed the traffic pile up issue on Marathahalli ORR which was caused due to tourist buses being parked on the left lane right after the Marathahalli bridge towards KR Puram. On most evenings there will be traffic pile up at-least up-to 1km starting from the underpass entry till few hundred meters after the underpass exit ramp. This map shows the stretch:

Name:  Image.png
Views: 1691
Size:  251.9 KB

From past 2 days I am seeing few cops standing on the left lane of the main road and directing all tour buses towards the service road which clears the main road for regular traffic and this has resulted in smoother movement compared to earlier when it took at-least 10mins to cross that stretch. Now it takes about 5mins to cross the same stretch due to this change. This should've been done long back but anyway better late than never. I hope this continues and the tour buses use the service road for parking/stopping even after the cops stop managing them everyday.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 16:42   #17945
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been commuting in the Volvo ( from HSR to Whitefield) for the last two weeks and I must say, its been a pleasant experience.
1. Cost : its slightly expensive but relieves you of the stress
2. Time : Same time as car. In fact, I have seen the cars ( from m800 to bmws )which wait with the bus at the Graphite signal waiting along side the bus on the bellandur flyover)
3. Convenience : the buses are not crowded. I get to sit at Bellandur/Marathalli in the onward journey and at the boarding point in return ). Also, the buses come in 5 min intervals, so very less waiting time at the stops.
3. Ecofriendly : feel good to reduce 1 car on the road.

Though I started using it since I injured my back, i am considering using it much more often going forward. I have been raving about his in office as well and encouraging folks to switch to bus from bike and car.

If you have a decent last mile connectivity to ORR ( auto, yulu, bounce, etc ), i suggest give bmtc volvo a try.
m8002? is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 07:48   #17946
BHPian

Traffic Jam Alert - between Agara Flyover to Sarjapur junction- stuck for last 15 min on flyover and google maps says around 25min more to cover the 2 km stretch
harishhm74 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 07:51   #17947
BHPian

Road has caved in at sarajapura ambalipura road going towards carmelaram, so traffic is been diverted to opposite lane.

So jam on both roads.
SideView is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 08:00   #17948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Some of the u-turns/break-in-medians on old madras road have been closed - the one in front of Byappanahalli metro and the one at the Indiranagar BDA complex.
Whether it helps ease traffic needs to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Had been through this route yesterday evening Indiranagar BDA-->Bypanall. metro--->>, traffic was smoother than the past, when all U turns were open.

Will check this out today too.
Now the U turns are back. Traffic was never predictable when they were closed.

So it is better this way as there could be other options when Old Madras Road is choked.

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th November 2019 at 08:29.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 09:19   #17949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Now the U turns are back. Traffic was never predictable when they were closed.
Sorry, where did you see the block removed? Opposite to Srinivaspura main road? This block has caused lot of inconvenience for me. So, I would be the happiest person if they move this block.

Quote:
I guess, common sense must have prevailed and now they have removed those concrete blocks. It must have been stupid idea to start the work on the both sides at the same time. The repercussions of this was felt for last 3 days. Yesterday was worse. Now both ways people were taking railway parallel road and internal roads to bypass this junction. This had created a huge jam yesterday evening.
Old 8th November 2019, 13:03   #17950
Senior - BHPian

Commuters on ORR stretch between Naayandahalli and Gorguntepalaya, brace once more!!!!!! As if the Sumanahalli flyover closure is not enough torture, white topping has started on the stretch from a KM ahead of the end of the flyover opposite to Bus depot till Laggere bridge. One lane has been barricaded and there was as expected a big pile up behind.
Absolutely no words to describe the lack of planning/common sense!
Old 8th November 2019, 13:33   #17951
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Sorry, where did you see the block removed? Opposite to Srinivaspura main road? This block has caused lot of inconvenience for me. So, I would be the happiest person if they move this block.
This block near Baiyappanahalli metro remains and so do the ones at 80 feet road (partial to block right turn from old Madras road) and the one near TB/Isolation hospital, but the one near Indian oil bunk/Indiranagar BDA complex has been removed partially - one can make a right turn from old Madras road towards Indiranagar double road but not the other way (hence half the block remains). I think this move is good since the old Madras road stretch between the burial ground/mosque and the 100 feet road junction is much narrower than the sections on either side and it was causing a long traffic pile up at 100 feet road junction, so henceforth not everyone heading to Indiranagar will need to go upto 100 ft road junction to make the turn.

Also noticed that double yellow lines (bus lane ?) have been painted on old Madras road between the Varthur road/erstwhile big bazaar signal and 100 feet road signal in both directions.

Last edited by NPV : 8th November 2019 at 14:03.
Old 8th November 2019, 13:36   #17952
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
...No words to describe the lack of planning/common sense!
It's a feature, not a bug. Their livelihood (read profitability) depends on not doing things properly. Those palatial houses and swanky cars aren't going to buy themselves.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th November 2019 at 13:47. Reason: Typo
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 13:43   #17953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This block near Baiyappanahalli metro remains
Thanks for the confirmation. So, my suffering will continue
My commute to/from office used to be between 25-30mins. But, now there are lot of blocks both while going and returning back. While going to Manyata, I am losing anywhere between 15-25mins to reach Varthur road junction (earlier it used to be less than 3mins). Then the white topping near RM Nagar (whenever they restart the work on this side) and finally Flyover infront of Manyata.
While returning back, white topping near RM Nagar and then from Gopalan Mall till Srinivaspura junction (because of the block)!

Last edited by kavensri : 8th November 2019 at 13:45.
Old 8th November 2019, 17:46   #17954
BHPian

Unfortunate but true. However, even though I have come to the sad conclusion that corruption will continue to be ingrained, what baffles me is that how come these guys dont understand that if they do a good infra job and maybe take smaller amount on the side, they will get voted back again (as they are doing a good job relatively) and they can keep making money over a longer term.
Freebird82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 19:08   #17955
Distinguished - BHPian

One more DEMU train added between City Jn and Whitefield. Should be useful for evening commuters.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20191110_181902.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks