Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2019, 11:02   #18076
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Does anyone know what happened on ORR today, I am stuck between Manyata and Kalyan Nagar for last 100 minutes. Traffic is just not moving.
We witnessed this mayhem on Saturday noon while returning from Marathalli.

As far I remember, we crawled in first gear for nearly 75 minutes to cover a distance from Horamavu underpass till the exit of Hennur road underpass. Thanks to white topping work around Hennur road underpass.
Old 9th December 2019, 11:30   #18077
BHPian

Which is the nearest suburban/Metro railway station to commute from Sarjapur police station surroundings to either Whitefield(G.E center) or Manyata tech park.
Old 9th December 2019, 11:44   #18078
Senior - BHPian

Really happy the way bus priority lane has turned out on ORR. Today took bus from my home to office. I had to walk for nearly 1 km. Still saved around 10 minutes of commute time.

Lot of discipline among bus and private car drivers. It was heartening to see bus drivers by instinct moving to left most lane even where there was no bus lane. Private cars also not entering the bus lanes by and large. Only two wheelers and cabs violating the bus lane. If barricaded and enforced with hefty fines this can turn to a big success.
poloman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 13:35   #18079
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
Which is the nearest suburban/Metro railway station to commute from Sarjapur police station surroundings to either Whitefield(G.E center) or Manyata tech park.
All three - Sarjapur road, Whitefield and Manyata aren't yet connected by Metro, I guess it will be 2-3 years or more for the connectivity.

Right now for Sarjapur road to Whitefield, one option (bite the bullet) is to drive all the way, but maybe others can chip in here if taking trains/limited suburban trains are an option (I don't have any idea currently). Your nearest railway station from Sarjapur road is possibly Carmelaram and Whitefield has a railway station too. You can take an auto from there to GE center.

For Sarjapur road to Manyata I don't think rail connectivity may be an option, but again I'm not sure.

*Edit:maybe take a train to Hebbal and then a cab/auto to Manyata.

By road, your routes from Sarjapur road to both Whitefield and Manyata are heavy traffic zones.

Last edited by NPV : 9th December 2019 at 13:41.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:54   #18080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
Sarjapur to Whitefield, best option is to drive. Through Dommasandra-Varthur. No chance of Metro and Suburban also does not make sense. If you are open to buses, I believe there is good frequency of buses on the Sarjapur-Hoskote route which will take you pretty close to ITPL.

To Manyata your best public transport bet is to drive to Carmelaram (20-25 min) and take a train to Byappanahalli or Hebbal and then get to Manyata. On the downside, you have limited train options. Morning 7.20am to BYappanahalli and there is a shuttle bus to Manyata from the station(as per info from others). This train returns evening 6.45pm. Two other trains at 8.50am and around 9.45am to Hebbal from where you can take a bus/auto to Manyata. Return is at 3.20pm and 4.20pm.

Overall for Manyata, no option is going to be really convenient. Unless you can time the trains well. 30 min to Carmelaram(including waiting for train), 25 min Carmlelaram to Hebbal (assuming train is not delayed in between) and maybe 15 min to Manyata. 1-1.5 hrs for that distance is pretty good. But multiple hops and dependencies.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 9th December 2019 at 18:58.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 07:51   #18081
BHPian

Alert: Car crashed on Sarjapur road, right next to Agara Lake.
himarg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 19:08   #18082
Senior - BHPian

My kids got a school event at Kitturu Rani Chennamma Sports Stadium, Jayanagar on this Saturday, 14 December. We need to reach around 8:00 am. How is the car parking facility in this place or is it advisable to use public transport/cab?
Old 10th December 2019, 19:38   #18083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
My kids got a school event at Kitturu Rani Chennamma Sports Stadium, Jayanagar on this Saturday, 14 December.
I am a resident of the same area, my advise is that , if you can make it to the ground by 7:15-7:30 AM, you will get a spot on the swimming pool side of the stadium. Else, you can park opposite to Subz/Cosmopolitan club and walk across to the stadium. Of course , there is a good option to have breakfast at the Upahara darshini and post event, you can have lunch at Nagarjuna Chimney for Andhra style meals or hit the SUbz for a vegetarian buffet spread.

Last edited by mazda4life : 10th December 2019 at 19:40.
mazda4life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 19:45   #18084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My kids got a school event at Kitturu Rani Chennamma Sports Stadium, Jayanagar on this Saturday, 14 December. We need to reach around 8:00 am. How is the car parking facility in this place or is it advisable to use public transport/cab?
Looks like the stadium is about a kilometer from the South End Circle Metro station. So maybe that's an option.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 11:45   #18085
Distinguished - BHPian

Potential accident alert on the Allasandra flyover connecting Bellary Road to Yelahanka Police Station.

The Yelahanka-bound side has been tarred so amateurishly that the perpendicular slab joints are well below the new road surface. This is leading to severe jarring and instability at high speeds OR rear-ending risks if anyone suddenly slows down.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 12:37   #18086
Senior - BHPian

Got this picture from Twitter account of #BangaloreRepairProject
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-5ef29eabe4e1499aa38f2df67483d190.jpg  

tharian is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 12:40   #18087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is plenty of parking options around the Jayanagar stadium. 8AM is quite early in the Jayanagar area. People would be sipping coffee with the morning newspaper (unlike the ORR folks who at that time will be trying to move to the next inch on road ). Only those vying for the parking spots would be other parents turning up in their cars for the event.
Along with those mentioned by @mazda4life, other options to park is on the 11th main road which is a wide road, or the 12th main which is behind Tanishq showroom. There is covered & paid parking in the BMTC 4th Block TTMC. That will be 10 minutes of leisure walk to the stadium.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 12:57   #18088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Potential accident alert on the Allasandra flyover connecting Bellary Road to Yelahanka Police Station.

The Yelahanka-bound side has been tarred so amateurishly that the perpendicular slab joints are well below the new road surface. This is leading to severe jarring and instability at high speeds OR rear-ending risks if anyone suddenly slows down.
+1 to that.
I use this stretch almost everyday. Absolute shoddy work. I now take the GKVK route between airport road to judicial layout every morning. This is a private road and closes strictly at 7.30 PM.
Old 11th December 2019, 13:33   #18089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Observed this last Sunday. Was happy to see the new surface but then all happiness vanished after reaching the other side.
Even the newly resurfaced Sumanahalli flyover has these kind of undulations. Some of the expansion joints are slightly better finished but some gives a huge jolt if you pass at higher speeds over them.
They should ideally remove using a miller the existing asphalt before putting another layer particularly on flyovers- something that they always do on the Mysore road/market BGS flyover.
Old 11th December 2019, 13:48   #18090
Team-BHP Support

Route advice needed.

Need to visit a couple schools near Hebbal tomorrow around 12 noon. Ekya Byrathi and Greenwood Jakkur.

I'll be driving from Mysore Road (RR Nagar/Nayandahalli). What are my options?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks