Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 13:34   #18136
BHPian

Query on NICE road: has it started to accept Fastag? If so, is there a specific lane for Fastag?
Old 20th December 2019, 14:06   #18137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Query on NICE road: has it started to accept Fastag?
Not yet, as of 2 days ago. Cash is still king on NICE.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 12:19   #18138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Airport toll is a mess this morning, with Fastag apparently not working. Airport lanes were backed up quite a bit. Anyone going that way is better off using the Hyderabad lanes and make a U-turn ahead to join the trumpet interchange towards the airport from the Devanahalli side.
Anybody has any update on this? I have to travel Tuesday morning. TIA
Old 22nd December 2019, 15:43   #18139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Anybody has any update on this? I have to travel Tuesday morning. TIA
The FasTag toll lanes were working brilliantly today - I went up to Andhra Pradesh Lepakshi temple and back, from Bangalore. No hassles at all at the Airport Road Toll/ Hyderabad Road Toll at the BIAL and again on the Andhra side, nearer to Lepakshi both on the onward journey and on the return.
Even the lines of vehicles which were waiting to pay the toll or go through their FasTag to reach the BIAL Airport and/ or come back from there, were not too long.
Old 22nd December 2019, 15:53   #18140
BHPian

Last evening it took me 80 minutes to travel 14kms, this was from Kottigepalya flyover to BEL circle, all thanks to the mess called white topping on ORR.
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:31   #18141
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ooh! Today was truly golden delicious in Bangalore. No traffic at 0800 in the morning. But our silken, soft, wafting magic carpet-like, splendiferously well appointed roads in HSR and Koramangala with all the lovely wonderful digging and investigations into the “way to the centre of the earth” allowed me to reach the dizzyingly stupefying heights of 45kmph speed on my commute to work in the Mini Cooper. I reached office in flat 20 min.

But then, I had this meeting in Yamalur at about 3pm. We finished up and I left that office at 1630 hrs. I was trapped in an ocean of metal and fumes all the way from Yamalur, through the ISRO colony and on the ORR right up to Iblur junction and I reached home at 1741 hrs.

The only consolation in this, was that today I took the AC, AT, Mini Cooper, although in the morning, I was toying with taking my Gypsy.

Bangalore traffic, even in the holiday season, is absolutely untenable.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd December 2019 at 18:32.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 07:01   #18142
BHPian

What an experience yesterday. My son wanted to see the Star Wars movie which was playing at Phoenix market city at 6:35. We thought leaving HSR at 5:00 would give us enough time. Boy, were we wrong. We reach Bagmane campus in 20 minutes and as I'd turned Maps on, was wondering why it was showing 30 minutes for the remaining 5km. We saw a long line of cars waiting ahead. We joined the queue, switched off the engine. And waited and waited. In 30 minutes, we hadn't yet reached the next flyover. Luckily I hadn't bought tickets so I asked my son if we can go tomorrow. It was an emphatic no. So I asked if he was ready to walk a bit. We somehow got out of the line and went to the end of ORR and took a u turn. Saw a lot of cars parked outside the two showrooms and parked there. At that time, maps was showing 23 minutes to walk, 24 to drive. So we started walking, non existent footpath shoulder not level at all. We could see that whitefield road was nothing more than a parking lot. We reached at 6:25. Such was the crowd at both the malls that it took us another 15 minutes to get to the auditorium. Luckily, they had a lot of advertisements and we didn't miss a second of the movie.

Return, I was hoping to take an auto but the traffic was just a bit improved. So we started walking till I found a bounce scooter. We found a small gap in the median and somehow pushed the scooter to the other side and made it back in a few minutes. Luckily the car was not towed and exactly at the same spot!
jaganm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 07:34   #18143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
What an experience yesterday. My son wanted to see the Star Wars movie which was playing at Phoenix market city at 6:35.
Went through the same experience last Sunday. Took me 50min to cover the 1km before Phoenix. Normally I never book for movies in Phoenix now a days, but in this case did not have a suitable show anywhere else at the time I wanted. I think Phoenix is probably the most crowded place in Bangalore during holidays and weekends. Hardly any space to walk itself. Too many things crammed in once place- Huge shopping mall, tons of eateries, cinema hall, stage events and now there is some Avengers exhibition also running.
Old 26th December 2019, 09:04   #18144
Senior - BHPian

God bless festivals. 40 mins for 23 kms on hosur-road/HSR/ORR stretch.

Hope this continues next week as well till New year weekend. During diwali holiday week it was similar. I wish we had such holidays every month

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th December 2019 at 09:33.
Old 26th December 2019, 09:17   #18145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
God bless festivals. 40 mins for 23 kms on hosur-road/HSR/ORR stretch.

Hope this would continue next week as well till New year weekend. During diwali holiday week it was similar. I wish we had such holidays every month
True. My wife reached her office in Manyata from Bannerghatta Road in under a hour which is not possible on a normal day.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20191226wa0000.jpg  

Old 26th December 2019, 09:29   #18146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
True. My wife reached her office in Manyata from Bannerghatta Road in under a hour which is not possible on a normal day.
She travels 27km every day in Blr traffic? That's just nuts. Should take a min of 1.5 hrs right?

3 hrs every day in just commute?
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 13:07   #18147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
What an experience yesterday. My son wanted to see the Star Wars movie which was playing at Phoenix market city
I was thinking of taking my parents to Phoenix yesterday and to show them how whitefield area is but when I checked Google maps, everywhere in Bangalore was green except in front of the mall which extended almost till the ORR junction. This isnt normal even on a regular traffic day going by my vast experience Hence dropped the idea and roamed around south Bangalore without any hurdles and was able to complete a lot of chores. Finally visited Royal Meenakshi mall for some shopping and except for an almost full parking and an unseen amount of crowd, things were fine since the shops we went were more or less empty.
I dont understand the reason behind this jam in front of Phoenix. I believe its the mall alone and people aren't disciplined to enter in a line. If not, the road ahead is pretty smooth and there is no reason for a jam until the next junction.
Another annoying lack of common sense I discovered yesterday - People trying to queue up behind each other in the ramp of the mall parking lot. My car was in the lowest basement and there was a queue to exit since some fool decided to pick up a fight with parking staff by blocking the exit completely. While this happened, people decided to pack their cars tight up the ramp. As expected, not everyone can start their car from inclines without rolling back - hence full of panic for them as well as the cars behind. The rest of the people spent time burning the clutch and trying to stay half clutch. All this because they didnt have common sense to leave the ramp empty and move up in one shot when there was space at the end of the ramp. I was waiting at the bottom for this to happen and one impatient moron began to honk. I didnt care and went up when I got space. This guy followed me just to stop towards the end of the ramp. Needless to say, he understood the situation well since he had a tough time starting off and almost bumped into the vehicle behind. In the next ramp, he waited silently at the bottom until he got space at the top Wonder why people lose common sense along with losing patience, which will result in stupid results.
audioholic is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 13:14   #18148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Wonder why people lose common sense along with losing patience, which will result in stupid results.
Sadly this is everywhere, not just when it comes to vehicles.

See the way people run up the stairs and push to get into the Bangalore metro, even though it's nowhere as crowded as the Delhi metro and nothing compared to the Mumbai locals and even though they can see that the doors stay open long after the last person on the platform is inside the train and even when they know there is going to be another train in less than 10 mins.

We're just an impatient country. Funny thing is, if we just wait patiently in line, be it in the supermarket or in traffic, overall things will move quicker. But there are way too many of us around so the fear is always that if you let your 'chance' go, you may never get it again!

Last edited by am1m : 26th December 2019 at 13:18.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 13:37   #18149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I was thinking of taking my parents to Phoenix yesterday and to show them how whitefield area is but when I checked Google maps, everywhere in Bangalore was green except in front of the mall which extended almost till the ORR junction. This isnt normal even on a regular traffic day going by my vast experience Hence dropped the idea and roamed around south Bangalore without any hurdles and was able to complete a lot of chores. Finally visited Royal Meenakshi mall for some shopping and except for an almost full parking and an unseen amount of crowd, things were fine since the shops we went were more or less empty.
I dont understand the reason behind this jam in front of Phoenix. I believe its the mall alone and people aren't disciplined to enter in a line. If not, the road ahead is pretty smooth and there is no reason for a jam until the next junction.
Whitefield area is peaceful on weekend except Phoenix. Phoneix mall throught the week has some or other events running apart from live concerts, which makes it busy. They have Christmas event running at the moment, which should be followed by new year event. VR mall just compounds the issue.
Old 26th December 2019, 14:49   #18150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post

We're just an impatient country.
Then why are we always perennially late for everything?
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks