Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2020, 13:51   #18301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
By all indications, the airport road stretch is on the way to becoming the next-gen ORR.
True that . With office space slowly getting occupied and new names coming up, it is heading there.

But I myself do not take the usual route to KIAL from Yelahanka unless I am driving after 8PM even if I have to cross just 2 signals till the airport. I end up taking internal routes that directly hits KIAL road almost near the toll or for that matter opposite to A2B.
Old 13th February 2020, 13:53   #18302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Parag bhai, don't jinx it!

By all indications, the airport road stretch is on the way to becoming the next-gen ORR.
God forbid such a situation.

Yelahanka is a blissful region as compared to much of Bangalore, save a few other localities.
srini1785 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 19:54   #18303
BHPian

Crazy traffic near backside of embassy tech village. Stuck here for the past 30 mins. Massive jam. Please avoid this area
Old 15th February 2020, 20:01   #18304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Crazy traffic near backside of embassy tech village. Stuck here for the past 30 mins. Massive jam.
This is mainly because of people taking right turn from New Horizon College Road to avoid the madness on ORR.
Old 17th February 2020, 16:37   #18305
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a pleasant experience at airport toll last Sunday morning. Wanted to go to airport to see off someone, reached airport toll around 06.30 AM. There were many cars turning back from the dedicated Fastag lanes after going till the booth and heading towards cash lanes. So guess the toll operators were not entertaining cash payments.

My tag got deducted without much drama, else at the Hyderabad highway toll, located below the trumpet flyover to airport it takes bit of debate most times for them to let me through.

Also, there only one or two vehicles in all the lanes.

While returning too, lanes were almost empty. Crossed without any drama, this was around 08.00 AM.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 07:40   #18306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
This is mainly because of people taking right turn from New Horizon College Road to avoid the madness on ORR.
No ! This was something unusual. Some vehicle broke down or some other issue. I usually get out around 7:30 pm and the roads will be free usually. On that day i finally got a chance to take an u turn, head back to ORR and reach hosur via Sarjapur road. Took me 2.5 hrs to reach home instead of the regular 1hr 15 mins. May be it was due to Valentine's day?

On the other hand the famous gear school road is getting tarred ! Good news for the residents and commuters of this area.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bell...8956605698456/
Old 18th February 2020, 07:59   #18307
Senior - BHPian

White topping menace has hit few more roads,

1. RV road stretch from lalbagh west gate to south end circle. As of now only this way is blocked while the stretch from south end circle to lalbagh west gate is intact.
2. In Jayanagar, 27th cross road starting from dosa camp leading to Kanti sweets (from 9th main to 11th main) is blocked.

I am not sure why these roads were identified as they were in good condition.
Old 18th February 2020, 09:03   #18308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I am not sure why these roads were identified as they were in good condition.
Aaah.. dude, that is the criteria for identifying roads to be white topped.
OrangeCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:38   #18309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. RV road stretch from lalbagh west gate to south end circle. As of now only this way is blocked while the stretch from south end circle to lalbagh west gate is intact.
South end to West gate is already white topped right? it's just that the other side is being started now.
Environmental hazard, health harzard and Traffic Hazard. The white topping is an all in one package. But who cares!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:57   #18310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
White topping menace has hit few more roads,
2. In Jayanagar, 27th cross road starting from dosa camp leading to Kanti sweets (from 9th main to 11th main) is blocked.
27th Cross stretch you mentioned is the northern end of the shopping complex. The southern end - 30th Cross - is also being white-topped, although the road hasn't been closed off.

Busy shopping area, pedestrian & parking chaos on the best of days, and now white topping. I am sure traders in the shopping complex are hard hit with lowered footfalls and hence abysmal business turnover these days.
Old 18th February 2020, 21:35   #18311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Aaah.. dude, that is the criteria for identifying roads to be white topped.
Seems to be true going by majority of the roads that has been concretized!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
South end to West gate is already white topped right? it's just that the other side is being started now.
Environmental hazard, health harzard and Traffic Hazard. The white topping is an all in one package. But who cares!
Ah yes that stretch has been completed. Forgot about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
27th Cross stretch you mentioned is the northern end of the shopping complex. The southern end - 30th Cross - is also being white-topped, although the road hasn't been closed off.

Busy shopping area, pedestrian & parking chaos on the best of days, and now white topping. I am sure traders in the shopping complex are hard hit with lowered footfalls and hence abysmal business turnover these days.
Bitter truth, nobody cares about the mango man!
Old 19th February 2020, 09:34   #18312
BHPian

Ok, the jury is out , much touted Bus lane on the ORR is a utter failure. No one cares about it , no one enforces it and the markings are almost worn out. It’s back to normal on the ORR.
mazda4life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:42   #18313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Ok, the jury is out , much touted Bus lane on the ORR is a utter failure. No one cares about it , no one enforces it and the markings are almost worn out. It’s back to normal on the ORR.
Disagree with the highlighted portion above. It is not an utter failure. Some contractor did benefit from it, just not the common public
srvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 12:55   #18314
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For example there is a need to think through the placement of merge locations where people can merge onto service road.
If one takes Bellandur main road and turns right below the ORR, the vehicle will merge onto right most lane of ORR and this is the place where the down ramp from Marathalli side ends, so if one needs to enter service road, it means going diagonally in the path of vehicles coming down the flyover It is safer to enter service road after another few 100 metres near Akme Harmony or further ahead near the bus stop and before the next flyover begins. However, this means one will turn off from the bus lane, so is/was that considered a bus lane violation ?

Last edited by NPV : 19th February 2020 at 12:57.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 13:29   #18315
BHPian

Quote:
Then I guess it is time to line up the culprits and..., oops, got a little carried away. We need to ensure that we penalize the people who created this system and make sure the pain is felt throughout the system that allowed this fiasco to be repeated. Why was this group immune to knowledge? What motivated this group to repeat the same mistakes. Who approved payments to contractors and why? Can we ensure that this group carries this failure on their resumes, so that they do not go around misusing our money and resources elsewhere? I am yet to see names associated with this mess.
And, "I told you so"

Last edited by mvadg : 19th February 2020 at 13:31.

Most Viewed