Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2020, 11:21   #18421
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Is it alright to travel inside the city or is that also prohibited? Travel will be just moving to another area to a relative's house.

Are the cops out on the road questioning people and pushing them back to their homes?
Old 24th March 2020, 11:39   #18422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Is it alright to travel inside the city or is that also prohibited? Travel will be just moving to another area to a relative's house.

Are the cops out on the road questioning people and pushing them back to their homes?
Avoid main roads and major roads. I traveled today morning and was stopped at audugodi and corporation. Interior roads should be fine.

Go in car(only if you have to!). The constables were liberal with lathi on 2 wheelers and shabbily dressed people. There were more considerate with car and well dressed people. I had to get down and talk with the sub inspector at audugodi and explain him my situation . He cleared my way.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 19:12   #18423
BHPian

Just stepped out to the HP petrol bunk on old Airport road.

Incredible scenes! You have to rub your eyes and remind yourself that you are driving! I slotted sixth gear on a road on which normally second gear is the max!

Some barricades have been put up here and there with cops standing next to them and keeping an eye on the vehicles going past. But not stopping anyone unnecessarily.
Old 25th March 2020, 10:27   #18424
Senior - BHPian

21 days of Cr.PC 144 and curfew ! . This thread on rants would die a natural death. Happy Ugadi every one. Stay safe!
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 10:54   #18425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
21 days of Cr.PC 144 and curfew ! . This thread on rants would die a natural death. Happy Ugadi every one. Stay safe!
After 22 days when I see zigzagging two wheelers, errant autos, rashly driven cabs and road hogging cars and buses, I'll cry... tears of joy.

We all wanted the old Bangalore back, but we never asked for a complete shutdown and erosion of mankind from the scene. This is Bangalore 200 years ago.. except instead of bushwhacking and trodding down jungles, its become an urban ghost town.

Bangalore became too exciting to go back to its dull former roots, none of us can even connect to this city the way it is. China has screwed all of us yet again.
dark.knight is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 11:00   #18426
BHPian

After watching Avengers last movie, my friend- an avid nature lover said nature would snap its fingers at us just like Thanos did. Meaning half of the traffic is off the bangalore roads. Hoping highly, we won't go to that situation.
Old 29th March 2020, 09:45   #18427
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh such joy to drive on traffic less roads of BLR yesterday. Had to step out due to legitimate reasons and enjoyed the few short kms that I got to drive. If only WFH becomes a very viable option for a large population of BLR, then commuting would be such joy!
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2020, 11:24   #18428
UMe
BHPian

I would assume that due to prevailing situation all the construction activities like Metro and Whitetopping, has been stopped for now?
Any info on that?
Old 29th March 2020, 11:55   #18429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
I would assume that due to prevailing situation all the construction activities like Metro and Whitetopping, has been stopped for now?
Any info on that?
Two factors have a bearing on the stoppage (neither of them health matters)
a) In the interest of keeping this thread alive, the authorities will wait till we are back on the road.
b) It is a matter of job satisfaction to them - to know how many lives they are affecting on a daily basis.
whitewing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 07:52   #18430
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the police in city limits have started seizing vehicles found to be violating the lockdown/curfew conditions.
sachinpk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:11   #18431
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the police in city limits have started seizing vehicles found to be violating the lockdown/curfew conditions.
Hope its done in a sane manner without harassing folks who have a genuine need to travel within the city.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:26   #18432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hope its done in a sane manner without harassing folks who have a genuine need to travel within the city.
You dare use the words sane and Karnataka police in the same breath?

The new deputy CM seems to be on quite a roll to enforce.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:40   #18433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read reports that in cities like Pune, usage of private vehicles for anything has been absolutely banned unless the person has an official permit, and even that sale of fuel to private vehicles has been stopped. And apparently in some places, you can only go by foot to get your essential groceries etc. I am flabbergasted if these reports are indeed true. Thankfully, this is not yet the case in Bangalore, and I dread the day when these kind of measures will need to be instituted by the Bangalore police.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 11:50   #18434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You dare use the words sane and Karnataka police in the same breath?
Hope against hope hoping that the current situation might have changed their attitude
Old 30th March 2020, 13:26   #18435
BHPian

Unlike what is show in TV, the reality is quiet different.

Had to travel from North to South Bangalore for an emergency. Was mentally prepared to face the cops and what ever was shown in the TV, but in reality I hardly saw in cops at any check point. There were 2 police check points in 33kms drive and they were not even bothered.

I traveled from hebbal side to E-city side via ring road. And yes, none of the flyovers are open.

Was happy to see Bangaloreans being responsible as i got not more than 15 private reg vehicles throughout my 33km journey.
livyodream is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks