Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2020, 15:43   #18511
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I can't believe I am telling this but I am actually missing Bangalore traffic. That used to be my personal time without calls. Nice music (Nexon sound system helps) and no disturbance.

Now I am available all the time. It's irritating
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 17:01   #18512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nax04 View Post
I guess the containment list is getting updated every day / once in couple of days based on the +ve cases.

I could not find any official link as such.
Yes it will be a dynamic list with new zones being added and existing zones being removed everyday, depending upon the development or containment of the infection in the relevant zone.
Old 3rd May 2020, 10:23   #18513
BHPian

Latest development on Dedicated Bus Lane on Outer Ring Road
Surprise Surprise - Flexi posts installed for Bus-Lane !!!

I confirm this is done from Silk-Board till Bellandur; not sure of status beyond Bellandur towards Hebbal as I've not visited beyond Bellandur. It would help if
others can chime in.

So, Traffic Police authorities have used the lockdown period to double down on their commitment to make Bus Lanes project successful.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-buslane1.jpeg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-buslane4.jpeg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-buslane2.jpeg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-buslane3.jpeg

My opinion: I am glad that authorities are not giving up. As a dillingent rule-following driver, it was frustrating to see many rule-breaking drivers/cabs/TTs who thought they are smart (at cost of others) happily cut-in cut-out of bus lane. Now, they will fall in line. Traffic police will also need not have wardens every 100metres enforcing the rule in the weather.

Very interesting and I optimistically look forward to its results post Covid-19!

Last edited by daretodream : 3rd May 2020 at 10:24. Reason: Typo
daretodream is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:21   #18514
BHPian

^^^
The problem is not with lane discipline only. If you go through previous posts on the subject, you will recall that there were many more serious issues with the implementation. I think history will repeat itself, because our memory seems so short.
mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:36   #18515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
^^^
The problem is not with lane discipline only. If you go through previous posts on the subject, you will recall that there were many more serious issues with the implementation. I think history will repeat itself, because our memory seems so short.
Yes and my statement will repeat, some contractor somewhere is getting rich in the middle of all the COVID crisis too. I guess I should change careers and become one such contractor. Install plastic poles, gets broken. Then install solid bollards, people crash into them, remove them and paint the lane. Then in the middle of all the crisis get back to plastic bollards, this time more dense so that you make more money, and there is no way a stuck vehicle can get out of this lane without breaking more bollards. What a scheme!
audioholic is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 23:30   #18516
Senior - BHPian

Tweet from Bengaluru Commissioner of Police. Looks like some traffic will be back on streets from tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-brcp.png  

airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 11:20   #18517
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Came to office from HSR to Whitefield. All the flyovers en route are closed.
Traffic was very sparse. It took me 30 min. I guess traffic will slowly increase over the course of this month.

Interesting was the lines in front of all the liquor shops. The shops were not open but the lines had 50+ people already there with masks and distancing.

Last edited by m8002? : 4th May 2020 at 11:20. Reason: typo
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:17   #18518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Came to office from HSR to Whitefield. All the flyovers en route are closed.
Traffic was very sparse. It took me 30 min. I guess traffic will slowly increase over the course of this month.

Interesting was the lines in front of all the liquor shops. The shops were not open but the lines had 50+ people already there with masks and distancing.
Were there any police barricades or checking anywhere? Or are office goers being given a free pass as has been promised?

As for liquor shops - this was expected. That was one of the hottest topics being discussed ever since lockdown began, and many people must have lost sleep in their excitement last night with the prospect of shops reopening today
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:24   #18519
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Were there any police barricades or checking anywhere? Or are office goers being given a free pass as has been promised?

As for liquor shops - this was expected. That was one of the hottest topics being discussed ever since lockdown began, and many people must have lost sleep in their excitement last night with the prospect of shops reopening today
No checkpoints anywhere in the route. Patrol vehicles were parked at all the junctions though. Someone in office mentioned that the flyovers will not be open till any sort of lockdown is in force. Not sure though.

As mentioned in an earlier post, they have put in barriers for the bus lane. I am not sure what happens when traffic picks up and we start seeing vehicle breakdowns in the bus lane and regular lane.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:26   #18520
BHPian

I too made a visit to the dentist on CMH road, Indiranagar. Cops only at some places were stopping autos (autos still not allowed, I think?) and pulling them over.

Wear masks, do not have anyone sit in the front passenger seat in cars, no pillions on bikes.

Just follow these protocols and of course, the usual ones like helmets and seat belts. Nobody will stop.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 16:36   #18521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I too made a visit to the dentist on CMH road, Indiranagar. Cops only at some places were stopping autos (autos still not allowed, I think?) and pulling them over.
By any chance, is this Excellence Dental (Dr. Shetty) that you are referring to? Asking because I needed to pay him a visit and was wondering if his clinic on CMH Road is open. (Tried to PM you but the message was not going through).
Old 4th May 2020, 18:29   #18522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
By any chance, is this Excellence Dental (Dr. Shetty) that you are referring to? Asking because I needed to pay him a visit and was wondering if his clinic on CMH Road is open. (Tried to PM you but the message was not going through).
Hi Arindam,

I just noticed the PM box is full!.

I visited All Care Dental Centre on CMH road opposite HDFC bank.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 15:19   #18523
Distinguished - BHPian

In the neighborhoods of Thippasandra and Indiranagar, I can see that traffic is definitely increasing. One or two roads are still blocked, but most of the roads that were blocked a few weeks ago have been opened. Hardly any cops on the road. Passed one check point with two cops, but they were busy on their phones. People are going about their business and more shops are opening everyday. Hope it stays that way!

How are things in other neighborhoods?

Last edited by am1m : 8th May 2020 at 15:30.
Old 8th May 2020, 16:28   #18524
Distinguished - BHPian

On Wednesday I drove from Whitefield to Sobha City through Avalahalli to pick my son and wife who were stuck at her parents place from start of lockdown. I went early morning and traffic was less, around 50% people wearing masks on two wheelers, and pillion riders almost on all bikes.

Since it was early morning 8 am, traffic was gradually building up and i did not see any cop till her place, while coming back around 9:30 am i could see cops starting to reach barricades, traffic though did not increase much.

Last edited by AtheK : 8th May 2020 at 16:42.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2020, 20:31   #18525
Senior - BHPian

Number of vehicles on the road is increasing. During the peak of lock down the vehicles plying was just around 3-4% of what used to ply during the 'earlier days of Bengaluru'. Now it is slowly coming back to around 30% of the usual traffic. The police seems to be aware of this and with their blessings.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks