Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2021, 19:53   #18961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Buses have opening on right side and the traffic flows on the either side.
BMTC should also have doors opening on the right side. They often stop in the middle of the road, especially in narrow roads where they can prevent other vehicles from overtaking.
Old 10th July 2021, 23:49   #18962
Senior - BHPian

Had a sense of nostalgia driving through ORR and Koramangala. Traffic was back to crawling speeds thanks to the groundwork for the metro on ORR and the dug-up roads in Koramangala.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 09:54   #18963
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Experienced traffic like the pre-covid times in ORR yesterday when I had to travel for a medical need. With the bus lane on one side and the metro work on the other, traffic will simply stop moving on ORR if and when more offices open.

I can't imagine, the whole stretch from Silk Board to KR Puram in the same state as the SilkBoard to Jayadev junction. Bus lane will have to go as traffic starts picking up.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2021 at 17:39. Reason: Typo
Old 11th July 2021, 17:29   #18964
BHPian

When the metro work starts, the remaining 1 lane is going to be either dug up, neglected or filled with all the debris. So along with the 0.5 lane, and the legendary bus lane it will look more or less like a dog's dinner on a really busy day.

It really makes me think what the key decision-makers were smoking when they approved the bus lane in the first place, knowing the metro work is going to start anyway. The current bus lane is a colossal waste of taxpayers money. Why does everything that is supposed to be done for the welfare of the people either becomes corrupt or a scam of epic proportions?

I am not against a bus lane on the ORR. But I am against the contraption that we see now as a bus lane on the ring road. It has accelerated the uselessness of the ORR which in normal times proved to us all so many times that it was losing its point. I call it the Obsolete Ring Road for reasons that don't require me to wear a lab coat to explain.

Last edited by ron_9191 : 11th July 2021 at 17:31.
ron_9191 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 16:17   #18965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
When the metro work starts, the remaining 1 lane is going to be either dug up, neglected or filled with all the debris.
Metro work seems to have been started, between Sarjapur road junction & Kadubeesinahalli there is barricade erected on divider occupying part of the right most lane also in both directions.

It looks like this may be soil sampling and not full fledged pillar work. Not sure about other sections of ORR since I drove only in this section.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 23:03   #18966
Senior - BHPian

I plan to visit SP Road to buy some computer hardware. Is there any parking space nearby to park my car? Considering the current pandemic situation, I would like to avoid public transport. I can visit on weekdays also if the rush will be less as it appears these days weekend traffic is more.
Old 14th July 2021, 23:15   #18967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I plan to visit SP Road to buy some computer hardware. Is there any parking space nearby to park my car? Considering the current pandemic situation, I would like to avoid public transport. I can visit on weekdays also if the rush will be less as it appears these days weekend traffic is more.
If you have an option of 2 wheeler, that would be best as it's difficult to get parking in that area. I was in BLR and had some work in NR road. Instead of taking car, I borrowed my brothers scooter which turned out to be a good idea.

If you have to take the car, you can try to get a spot under the flyover immediately after KR market junction.

Last edited by Everlearner : 14th July 2021 at 23:16.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 23:17   #18968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
You can park in unity building and walk till SP Road. Otherwise finding parking nearby is tricky and also risky. I always prefer my two wheeler for it.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 15:40   #18969
BHPian

The downsides of owning such sedans in Bangalore . Shot in Electronic City a while ago.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-audi.jpg
Fateh Salim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 12:40   #18970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateh Salim View Post
The downsides of owning such sedans in Bangalore . Shot in Electronic City a while ago.
Attachment 2179443
Most of the roads in greater Bangalore ( meaning other than the old parts ) are at best, fair weather roads. Ironically the corporation collects the most tax from the Mahadevapura zone , which is the most neglected area.

When some roads get resurfaced, they are quickly dug up by other agencies and left to get worse. Adding to all this is the attitude of the typical road user. Therefore you need a thick wallet and an even thicker skin to own a luxury car here in Namma Bengaluru.
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 00:22   #18971
Team-BHP Support

A couple late-evening airport runs coming up. How easy/difficult is it with ongoing night curfews? I'll be driving to & from Mysore Road (Nayandahalli).

I'll obviously have a passenger or two on one half of the drives so can show proof of travel, if stopped. What about the other half of the drive when I don't?
Old 19th July 2021, 00:59   #18972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I'll obviously have a passenger or two on one half of the drives so can show proof of travel, if stopped. What about the other half of the drive when I don't?
Just simple. Don't worry and enjoy the drive
Old 19th July 2021, 02:23   #18973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A couple late-evening airport runs coming up. How easy/difficult is it with ongoing night curfews? I'll be driving to & from Mysore Road (Nayandahalli).

I have done this back in March & June 2020 when lockdowns were in place(not sure about June but roads were empty). Used to carry a copy of flight ticket with me just in case am stopped. Was never really stopped but that’s all I could think of. And yeah airport runs were never nicer. I have seen D6/7 in city(mine’s a cvt) in that run

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th July 2021 at 02:25.
Old 19th July 2021, 10:46   #18974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Doubt you will be stopped. But carrying a copy of the itinerary/ticket of the passenger you are going to pick drop is acceptable proof.
Old 20th July 2021, 17:57   #18975
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I made a round trip from home to Bommanahalli via Koramangala. There is lot of road work in progress along the route with the dreaded white topping also in progress on the inner ring road - about 50% of the total length now has one concreted lane on either side of the median (not usable yet, it is being watered for curing) and expect more slow moving traffic and stoppages on the way.

At 80 feet road junction on inner ring road, the left lane is barricaded, again for road work, but I did see vehicles take the wrong side right in front of cops. I went straight though.

At the next junction, I think it's 8th main (Panasonic shop on left), I was on extreme right lane adjacent to the median and to my left was a bus in middle lane and extreme left lane had a long line of vehicles turning left. Now, the bus very slowly moved on the Amber light, but I stopped since it gets narrow up ahead (near the old Canara Bank building that also has a roadside temple in front that makes things worse plus the road work and flyover work in progress eating up more space). The car behind the bus just followed and was stopped by the cops for signal jumping and fined. I'm quite sure he had no view of the traffic lights as he was blinded by the bus in front. Please drive carefully at this junction, with traffic picking up now this will be a daily routine for the cops there, they have an awesome place to stop vehicles just behind the bend while being 'undercover'

Last edited by NPV : 20th July 2021 at 18:00.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks