Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 17:47   #19126
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
"Official" confirmation that the bus lane no longer exists, at least where the metro construction is going on.

I was a bit worried the traffic wardens were using common sense and might get into trouble with higher authorities but will keep a copy of this tweet in my car now.

And I hope they stop the cctv installation given there is no need for it any longer.
do not count on this tweet.
today afternoon the 'mafia' was in full swing stopping vehicles who were in the bus lane. This was bang opposite ETV
Old 8th October 2021, 18:45   #19127
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-443bc8d6be2f40c2a4006c5d078ee276.jpeg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-990e33babf744a42a9e1148e7d3c76cf.jpeg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-b8f0cc50cdd24823a252c145bcc56e51.jpeg

Surprised me, this. Faulty drain.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 19:03   #19128
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
any visibility/idea on how crowded does the Mysore-Bangalore MEMU (local train) service get on weekends? Anyone who's used it recently or in the past?

Planning to use it tomorrow on the return route from Mysore to Bangalore (afternoon ~4pm train).
Old 9th October 2021, 07:23   #19129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Passed through this section of the road again today. Yep, the humps have been removed so well that that there is no trace of them ever being there!!

Inquired with security guards at ADE on why they were removed. Guess what? They said about 15-20 accidents took place in a matter of 2-3 days due to the unscientific humps The idiots who wanted to prevent accidents at this place, created a monster which created more accidents than it prevented!

All they had to do was put in couple of street lights around the bumps and add couple of warning boards 30m before the humps. Ironically, there are banners all over the place between BEML gate junction and DRDO township thanking the local MLA for LED street lights
Exactly what I said a few days ago: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5161135 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

Thank God better sense prevailed on ADE's part!
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 09:35   #19130
Distinguished - BHPian

Please note:

People driving into BLR city (from underneath the Yelahanka-Hebbal flyover) and merging into the main carriageway in front of Columbia Asia.

Yesterday at least, BTP suddenly closed the median gap in front of Esteem Mall and forced all traffic to continue straight into the service road. Unless it was a trial, anyone wanting to merge towards City should take the Columbia Asia merging point only, or else resign oneself to taking the cloverleaf from underneath Hebbal flyover.

I can understand the logic as people coming out of Kempapura are driving the wrong way, and turning into the main carriageway. The red rectangle gap was closed off yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20211009092658__01__01.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 9th October 2021 at 09:37.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 10:47   #19131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please note:

People driving into BLR city (from underneath the Yelahanka-Hebbal flyover) and merging into the main carriageway in front of Columbia Asia.

Yesterday at least, BTP suddenly closed the median gap in front of Esteem Mall and forced all traffic to continue straight into the service road. Unless it was a trial, anyone wanting to merge towards City should take the Columbia Asia merging point only, or else resign oneself to taking the cloverleaf from underneath Hebbal flyover.
Saw this yesterday. Anyway during peak hour, I feel taking the cloverleaf after going underneath the flyover is faster than climbing straight up the main ramp towards city.
Old 9th October 2021, 12:33   #19132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Saw this yesterday. Anyway during peak hour, I feel taking the cloverleaf after going underneath the flyover is faster than climbing straight up the main ramp towards city.
Agree at peak times. However, I passed by at 0745
Old 12th October 2021, 09:49   #19133
Distinguished - BHPian

I have heard of last mile connectivity issues but having to use a tractor to get to the airport gates from the airport parking area due to water flooding is a new one

ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 20:33   #19134
BHPian

Sad to see that Senior citizens are being forced to mobilize funds from their FDs and pension funds to get the infrastructure they deserve.

Bengaluru: Elderly in Kasavanahalli close FDs, use pension to get road fixed
JithinR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 17:15   #19135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Sad to see that Senior citizens are being forced to mobilize funds from their FDs and pension funds to get the infrastructure they deserve.

Bengaluru: Elderly in Kasavanahalli close FDs, use pension to get road fixed
If I were the accountable person or department, I would hand my head in shame, fall on the ground before them and seek their forgiveness after hearing about this development - not the deadening silence they are maintaining now
Old 18th October 2021, 17:28   #19136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
If I were the accountable person or department, I would hand my head in shame, fall on the ground before them and seek their forgiveness after hearing about this development - not the deadening silence they are maintaining now
Reminds me of this scene from Munna bhai.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-maxresdefault.jpg  

vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 00:24   #19137
Senior - BHPian

Not sure when these never-ending construction activities will be completed. As seen on Saint Johns Church Road
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2021_1018_212419_258.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2021_1018_212436_259.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 05:10   #19138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And they won’t, because each of those in the ‘Department’s’ is looking at another agency to be shamed and telling them to seek forgiveness or whatever.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 08:22   #19139
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
And they won’t, because each of those in the ‘Department’s’ is looking at another agency to be shamed and telling them to seek forgiveness or whatever.
Now, that these residents have taken the initiative, the officials have shifted the responsibility on the residents themselves! Now, the BBMP will help the residents do their duty .
Quote:
Senior BBMP officials said they are trying to negotiate with the residents and fix a day for asphalting.We can’t work in the present weather condition. But we will help them fix the road
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 16:34   #19140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Not sure when these never-ending construction activities will be completed. As seen on Saint Johns Church Road
This is right from the end of commercial road connecting to St John;s Church road. Terrible. as said earlier, Work In Progress city!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks