Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 21:53   #19201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
In case you havent driven on this stretch in the last month or so, you should know that the ORR from Bellandur to KR Puram is in tatters with deep potholes that will eat up your tyres fairly easily and you must go dead slow or swerve if you dont want your underbody to get hit.

Add to it the bus lane and its random entries/exits, the bollards and barriers jutting out into the middle lane, the crazy rumblers and the metro construction on the right lane, this stretch is not safe for cars at the moment.
I have been fairly regular to KR Puram but there onwards, I must have gone almost 2 months ago. I even went to the airport in mid-September.

My main concern is water logging as I have never been on that (and in fact any) route during heavy incessant rains. After the much publicized news of travel to the airport on tractor trolley, I have been skeptical.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...037005292.html

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th November 2021 at 22:04.
Old 19th November 2021, 10:13   #19202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Cameras fixed on Bellary road below the elevated highway, right before the Bytarayanapura signal!
Does anyone have any idea what these are for? Speed violation or Red light Violation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
These could be either speed traps or red light cameras...
Also at the Jakkur signal! They are Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD) cameras for both stop-light violation AND overspeeding. Takes clear licence plate pictures and TTMC automatically issues a 1K fine. I foresee a humongous income for BTP as almost no one (in my experience) adheres to the 80 km/hr speed limit.

From an earlier post of mine:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4903258 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

https://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.g...ntcameras.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-2.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th November 2021 at 10:16.
itwasntme is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 10:58   #19203
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Crazy time last evening - had to venture into the city to pick someone (no Ola/Uber rides available). Took almost 1.5 hrs each way wading through roads logged with rain water and accentuated by ongoing/unfinished road works along the way.

At Ulsoor lake war memorial junction there was a huge traffic jam and I took a chance going against the Google maps recommended route that turned out to be good due to slightly better roads and lesser traffic on the way.
Old 19th November 2021, 11:29   #19204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
... the empty bus lane. There was not a single bus ahead or behind...
This was one or two months back.

Early morning one day, I saw a cab that took the bus lane. After proceeding for some distance, he found himself behind a parked truck which was delivering some material, probably for the metro work. He had his head in his hands, probably imagining how much distance he would have to drive in reverse.
adisan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 11:48   #19205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I foresee a humongous income for BTP as almost no one (in my experience) adheres to the 80 km/hr speed limit.
Yes You are right and not just from the speeds, but almost every signal change from green to red , few vehicles coming from Jakkur side cuts the red light at Bytarayanapura as they approach the junction at high speed. Surely many will get tickets for red light violation and speed violation in the same incident.
So effective now , right from Allalasandra signal, upto Kodigehalli gate signal, we should ensure we stick to 60kmph. Or is it 80 kmph? On the flyover it is 80, but below?
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 11:58   #19206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
So effective now , right from Allalasandra signal, upto Kodigehalli gate signal, we should ensure we stick to 60kmph. Or is it 80 kmph? On the flyover it is 80, but below?
Good point! No idea - it could very well be 60
Old 19th November 2021, 12:05   #19207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
My main concern is water logging as I have never been on that (and in fact any) route during heavy incessant rains. After the much publicized news of travel to the airport on tractor trolley, I have been skeptical.
Mission was successful and I made it to the airport.

Two spots where I noticed major water logging -
1. Stretch between Bellandur lake road and Sakara hospital had almost a foot of water over a 100 metre stretch.

2. Left side lane of the Banaswadi underpass had more than a feet of water. Right lane few inches and was motorable.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 12:37   #19208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...I foresee a humongous income for BTP as almost no one (in my experience) adheres to the 80 km/hr speed limit...
I'm wondering why these weren't put on the elevated sections too. Would avoid those cops manning interceptors risking their life & limb.
Old 19th November 2021, 12:54   #19209
BHPian

Quote:
Also at the Jakkur signal! They are Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD) cameras for both stop-light violation AND overspeeding. Takes clear licence plate pictures and TTMC automatically issues a 1K fine.
I didn't jump the signal (my front wheel might've been a couple of inches ahead of the stop line), but I was issued a 500 rupees challan for "jumping traffic signals".
I emailed the traffic police and they sent back screenshots: proof of me having stopped at the signal

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot-20211101-100324.png
boniver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 13:42   #19210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
they sent back screenshots: proof of me having stopped at the signal
So did they revert the fine or not? I am not sure if they are going to stick to the - you crossed stop line - line. If yes the real question is whether the system is so good that it can detect small line violations too?

I actually like it btw - if it really was functioning well.
Old 19th November 2021, 13:56   #19211
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't jump the signal (my front wheel might've been a couple of inches ahead of the stop line), but I was issued a 500 rupees challan for "jumping traffic signals".
I emailed the traffic police and they sent back screenshots: proof of me having stopped at the signal
Looks like these cameras are indeed doing a great job. I just hope the automated system works well, but the elephant in the room is actual realisation of the fine amount, how can that be improved ? I'm sure we have cases of fake number plates, incorrect/old addresses, etc. Hope these are exceptions than the norm.

On a lighter note, this feels like the third umpire in cricket matches being called in to check on a No-ball
Old 19th November 2021, 16:34   #19212
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2234627
Thanks for sharing this.

Where do we check for challans on our vehicle?

And what is the email address of traffic police to raise concerns?
Old 19th November 2021, 20:39   #19213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I am not sure if they are going to stick to the - you crossed stop line - line. If yes the real question is whether the system is so good that it can detect small line violations too?
I guess, BTP will not reverse the fine. BTP Twitter handle regularly provide images of such violations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Where do we check for challans on our vehicle?
And what is the email address of traffic police to raise concerns?
You can check violations at BTP website (site throwing connection not secure error though).

You can use complaints/suggestions section to raise concerns. BTP twitter handle (@blrcitytraffic) is another option. Email addresses and phone numbers are available here.

Last edited by airbus : 19th November 2021 at 20:43.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 21:43   #19214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Two spots where I noticed major water logging -
1. Stretch between Bellandur lake road and Sakara hospital had almost a foot of water over a 100 metre stretch.
Update for today:
This patch is not motorable it seems. Locals were redirecting all the cars towards the Bellandur Central road. The whole lake road to Central stretch was a mess today.

PS: I drove that last night when there wasn't a soul. Today that 1 foot water might seem too much for the locals and they are dissuading the traffic. OR, the water level has increased since last night.
Old 19th November 2021, 22:18   #19215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update for today:
This patch is not motorable it seems. Locals were redirecting all the cars towards the Bellandur Central road. The whole lake road to Central stretch was a mess today.

PS: I drove that last night when there wasn't a soul. Today that 1 foot water might seem too much for the locals and they are dissuading the traffic. OR, the water level has increased since last night.
I took the Bellandur Lake road from yamalur to Central around 7 pm and it was fine. There was a big jam on ORR from Bellandur all the way to Marathahalli and Google routed me from Marathahalli via yemalur, saving considerable time. Don't know what the issue was on ORR but jam was there since 4 pm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks