Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2021, 23:15   #19216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I took the Bellandur Lake road from yamalur to Central around 7 pm and it was fine. There was a big jam on ORR from Bellandur all the way to Marathahalli and Google routed me from Marathahalli via yemalur, saving considerable time. Don't know what the issue was on ORR but jam was there since 4 pm.
I went around 7:45pm and from Yamlur side towards Sakara. I was stopped right after the lake road ends and told to proceed towards Central which was totally blocked.
Old 19th November 2021, 23:39   #19217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I went around 7:45pm and from Yamlur side towards Sakara. I was stopped right after the lake road ends and told to proceed towards Central which was totally blocked.
Interesting! I should have passed around the same time, cause I reached home around 8. There was a small jam towards the end of the lake road after the mosque but it cleared up in a couple of minutes and it was all fine all the way up to Central. Just the movement was slow due to bad roads.
Old 20th November 2021, 12:35   #19218
BHPian

Outer Ring Road has become pathetic. While metro construction has blocked most of the road, whatever remaining is full of potholes. Came across an accident spot today morning (near Rainbow Children's Hospital). Seems ORR is back in business.

Old 20th November 2021, 18:33   #19219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I didn't jump the signal (my front wheel might've been a couple of inches ahead of the stop line), but I was issued a 500 rupees challan for "jumping traffic signals".
I emailed the traffic police and they sent back screenshots: proof of me having stopped at the signal

Attachment 2234627
I hope that the marking lines are maintained properly.
In the photo you shared, it is completely eroded in the left most lane.
Strict enforcement is most welcome, and needed, provided the right conditions to adhere to the rules are provided.

BTW: Do I see a pillion with no helmet?
Old 20th November 2021, 23:06   #19220
BHPian

I traveled today from Jakkur to HBR layout at 12 pm. Traffic was nearly gridlocked from esteem mall towards the city. With nearly 5 lanes of traffic converging to two lanes on the Hebbal flyover traffic was queued upto Columbia Asia hospital. People going helter skelter across all lanes to go towards the city. I took nearly 15 minutes to go from Columbia Asia hospital till the left to join ring road.

The next traffic hotspot was at hennur road - ring road junction. It was a complete mess with traffic from 5 roads joining at the circle. With people's 'me first' attitude the circle was completely blocked from all sides . I had to take a longer route towards hennur and climb the flyover back and get to HBR.

Last edited by shady : 20th November 2021 at 23:06. Reason: Space added
shady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 07:26   #19221
BHPian

Just drove around some parts of Blore, especially the emerging suburbs. Bcoz of incessant rains, the roads are battered everywhere, hopelessly bad. I sure hope the powers that be fix them with *good quality, well-intentioned, full asphalting* as soon as a long dry spell comes, and that they plan other works in anticipation/coordination of that.

Forget emerging areas, even the ORR's surface quality is terribly bad. And then I see this:

https://www.deccanherald.com/state/c...s-1049751.html

Sad state of affairs in Karnataka! No wonder roads are terribly bad even with moderate rains (unlike Mumbai which gets mind-boggling rains), streetlights don't work, etc. A mundane thing like streetlights are rocket science for BBMP/BESCOM. Never works reliably for long.

More details at: https://www.prajavani.net/karnataka-...di-885031.html (it's in Kannada, do Google translate)

The CM better step in and clean it up (assuming the rot doesn't run all the way up to him)
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 07:54   #19222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Just drove around some parts of Blore, especially the emerging suburbs. doesn't run all the way up to him)... )
A lot of people on TBHP, are in full support of the hike in fuel prices claiming that the government was fixing the "infrastructure". I realized that they meant that the government was building the Central Vista and buying transport facilities for the prime minister. I have yet to see one government official let go for non performance under this regime.

There are deep potholes everywhere, because in the past few decades, all that those in power have been doing is adding layer after layer of powdered stone and bitumen to fool us into thinking they were repairing roads. Of course, we don't need to hire real engineers either, because all our infrastructure is now designed and built by bureaucrats and politicians.
mvadg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 08:42   #19223
src
BHPian

Yesterday went from ORR to Hennur side and I can pretty well say it is one of the worst stretch of roads currently in Bangalore after the rains.
Driving a sedan on this road is a test of ultimate patience and skill and thankfully City did not scrap once.
Please avoid the stretch if possible or else don't travel in night.

Specifically the stretch from ORR side is worse than the opposite lane.
src is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 12:19   #19224
BHPian

Quote:
I didn't jump the signal (my front wheel might've been a couple of inches ahead of the stop line), but I was issued a 500 rupees challan for "jumping traffic signals".
I emailed the traffic police and they sent back screenshots: proof of me having stopped at the signal
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
I hope that the marking lines are maintained properly.
In the photo you shared, it is completely eroded in the left most lane.
Strict enforcement is most welcome, and needed, provided the right conditions to adhere to the rules are provided.

BTW: Do I see a pillion with no helmet?
I believe that it might be for the stop line. Unfortunately there are a million violations in India and a select few end up paying the fines. For strict enforcement they may be able to book you (as per my understanding in the Indian Motor Act, in case of missing stop lines, you have to assume stop lines ahead of pedestrian crossing and stop behind). Here the stop lines are visible.
I wish they enforce for everyone. There are very few following the rules in Bangalore.
xrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:34   #19225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...my front wheel might've been a couple of inches ahead of the stop line...
At a red signal, vehicles have to stop before the stop line. Stopping after crossing the stop line at a red signal is a traffic offense.
Old 21st November 2021, 17:56   #19226
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Outer Ring Road has become pathetic. While metro construction has blocked most of the road, whatever remaining is full of potholes.
What are you saying man?

Those orange sticks are beautiful, aren't they ? Bus lane or something it's called. But you are only pointing at the negatives, see the positive side, appreciate the beauty of those brightly coloured sticks poking out on the left side - which other city would you get it in ? Beautiful city, Bangalore.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2021 at 08:59. Reason: 2nd sentence was perhaps unnecessary. Also, lack of capitals, typo etc.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 19:59   #19227

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looks like these cameras are indeed doing a great job. I just hope the automated system works well, but the elephant in the room is actual realisation of the fine amount, how can that be improved ? I'm sure we have cases of fake number plates, incorrect/old addresses, etc. Hope these are exceptions than the norm.
Proving that you are not in the wrong in the case of fake plates will lie completely in your hands unfortunately. I've experienced this; once directly and indirectly another time.

I got a call mid last June from a police station own in Malappuram, Kerala saying that I'm required to come down to the station for a hit and run case where there was a casualty. Got the shock of my life because I haven't been to that part of Kerala in the last 4-5 odd years. On enquiry I was told that "my" Maruti Swift was involved. The funny thing is that the number plate they were referring to was tied to my Honda Activa which my folks are using in Thalassery. The cops said that I have to come down to the station with the vehicle and prove it. Luckily the Calicut RTO happens to be my Dad's cousin. So we got in touch with him and explained the situation. So he got in touch with his counterpart in Malappuram and showed documentation and proof that this was a genuine case of fake plates. It took time but we were finally able to get that cleared from my vehicle's records.

The second instance happened around 2012. I was staying with my uncle and his family at the time. We heard the door bell ring at about 6:15-6:30 in the morning. It was the inspector and team from the KR Puram police station. They came looking for my uncle. They told him that he was required to go down to the police station with them. They said that "He" had run over a motorcyclist on the KR Puram Bridge and escaped the spot. So we told them that we have proof that he was with us as we were at a family get together the previous night when the incident occurred. Also, the offender in question was a Tempo 407 water tanker. My uncle had a Pajero which was parked in our basement. They still insisted he goes with them and get everything cleared. So he did exactly that. He was stuck there for about 2 hours but was able to use a few of his contacts to help speed up the process.

In both cases the cops said the same thing. You have to provide proof of your innocence or else get yourself dragged with the legal implications though it's very clear from your RC book that the vehicle they're looking for is different from the actual registered vehicle. And this gets even more complicated if your vehicle happens to be registered out of State. Most MVDs don't talk to one another from the other states and that becomes a huge mess for the innocent person stuck in the midst of it.
Reaper666 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 20:38   #19228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by src View Post
Yesterday went from ORR to Hennur side and I can pretty well say it is one of the worst stretch of roads currently in Bangalore after the rains.
Driving a sedan on this road is a test of ultimate patience and skill and thankfully City did not scrap once.
If you have managed to drive without scraping a City, I would consider it as one of the best stretches of Bangalore according to the current standards. You should check out the conditions of Bannerghatta road between JP Nagar and Meenakshi temple where I have managed to scrape my Seltos

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 21st November 2021 at 20:52.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:30   #19229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
You should check out the conditions of Bannerghatta road between JP Nagar and Meenakshi temple where I have managed to scrape my Seltos
is it that bad? I have been out of bangalore for few months. I know its raining cats and dogs every day and metro construction mayhem in that road. But scraping a Seltos is a new low even by bbmp (bangalore municipality) standards.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:42   #19230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
is it that bad? I have been out of bangalore for few months. I know its raining cats and dogs every day and metro construction mayhem in that road.
Yes, Bannerghatta road (well, almost the entire city) is in absolute shambles. I made a mistake of driving in the so called left lane in front of Brand Factory near Bilekahalli and the left wheel got into some kind of monster crater. As soon as the wheel came out of the first crater, it went inside another deeper crater and the underbelly had a slight scrape. The driver of a BMTC behind me saw this and started avoiding the craters. Maybe he thought even his bus would scrape it’s underbelly

Quote:
But scraping a Seltos is a new low even by bbmp (bangalore municipality) standards.
My only intention to go with a Crossover last year was to negotiate the potholes and humps but looks like I need to go with something that has more ground clearance next time. Maybe a monster truck.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 21st November 2021 at 22:07.
guyfrmblr is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks