Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:27   #19426
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Someone's misery is someone else's happiness!! As a result of this flyover closure, I am able to cross Gorguntepalaya signal in less than 2-3 minutes everyday coming from ORR Rajkumar samadhi side around 6PM. Even with very short signal cycle times, the waiting on all roads at the junction is significantly less.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:31   #19427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Someone's misery is someone else's happiness!! As a result of this flyover closure, I am able to cross Gorguntepalaya signal in less than 2-3 minutes everyday coming from ORR Rajkumar samadhi side around 6PM. Even with very short signal cycle times, the waiting on all roads at the junction is significantly less.
The last 2 times I actually passed this signal was on a Saturday afternoon and it was mayhem. This was of course before the flyover was shut down and in the months of August and October. The pile-up was consistently bad on Saturday noon on both occasions that even taking a left at Modern factory was a task. And if one succeeded in doing that, turning back right again meant getting stuck in the gridlock in the arterial roads parallel to ORR.

This had forced me to drive further ahead and merge with the NH at SRS junction and then perform a U turn back towards city to access HMT Road.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:50   #19428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This had forced me to drive further ahead and merge with the NH at SRS junction and then perform a U turn back towards city to access HMT Road.
This is what I used to do on most days when the flyover was open. But instead of the left turn to HMT, I usually go straight towards Taj and take left. Will have to still deal with the criss-cross mess in front of CMTI main gate though.
The Pipeline road-HMT road junction can be a big mess after 6 PM, so I avoid going that way.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:58   #19429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
This is what I used to do on most days when the flyover was open. But instead of the left turn to HMT, I usually go straight towards Taj and take left. Will have to still deal with the criss-cross mess in front of CMTI main gate though.
The Pipeline road-HMT road junction can be a big mess after 6 PM, so I avoid going that way.
True that. Have got stuck a this manned narrow junction many times.

Thankfully, I can rant less on this thread as I don't commute regularly now. Also, ever since I started to train my mind that I need to accept about the 4km bad stretch after Nelamangala towards Hesarghatta and then the excellent roads all the way home, I have stopped driving around Peenya Goreguntepalya Yeshwantpur areas now unless there is an absolute need. The only time I actually take the Tumkur road is during my early morning drives out of Bangalore and they need to be before 6am.

As for offices starting back to normal, even if they do, I will continue working from home like the pre-covid times and hence am saved .
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 11:36   #19430
BHPian

These crooks need to be taught a lesson. Stealing private property for no reason!
aerohit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 12:58   #19431
BHPian

The least the authorities could have done while NBTL flyover was closed, is to stop trucks from moving in that stretch before 12 midnight.

Most other metro cities can do this effectively, but here trucks are not stopped, either in Yeshwantpur or KR Puram or Electronics City sides.

In last month I returned via this stretch below NBTL twice, but after 10 PM. The flyover closure effectively costed 15 mins extra, only one signal was almost 5 mins, rest not much. But the other way, i.e. towards Nelamangala, was chock a block for the entire stretch due to trucks and long distance buses.
Old 7th February 2022, 07:45   #19432
Distinguished - BHPian

They closed off the main carriageways now for load testing the flyover

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/pe...r-1078812.html
Old 7th February 2022, 10:42   #19433
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Metro pier construction work has recently started at a couple of places on the Tin factory-Hebbal stretch of Outer ring road and I expect this will be another traffic choker soon (the Nagavara/Manyata flyover construction was a big choker and seemed to take forever and just recently completed, now this!).

The 2 spots I noticed were near Kasturi Nagar after the ramp at Benniganahalli and the other near Hennur after the underpass.

I hope these are the only places where it runs along the main carriageway, assuming rest is along the service road/bus lanes.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 11:27   #19434
Senior - BHPian

South End Circle
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-south_end.jpg

Crossed South End circle today and noticed that there are so many lines drawn at the crossing. Can someone explain the meaning of drawing so many yellow lines?
Old 7th February 2022, 11:33   #19435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Crossed South End circle today and noticed that there are so many lines drawn at the crossing. Can someone explain the meaning of drawing so many yellow lines?
Those lines contribute to the economic progress of some contractor and babu On a serious note, they refer to what is known as a 'zero tolerance junction' meaning you cant cross the stop line from any side in case the signal is red or the road you are heading to is blocked. Actually there are another set of lines that have to be drawn to complete the layout and to clear bills
audioholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:40   #19436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Those lines contribute to the economic progress of some contractor and babu
This is the most accurate description of these lines. If you remember, there were white lines drawn on MG road areas also a long time ago. It was never enforced and our auto-wallas and taxi-wallas were having a great time "free space"!!
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:54   #19437
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Those lines contribute to the economic progress of some contractor and babu
Well said. Pure amateurish rubbish:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post5235670 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:59   #19438
BHPian

Quote:
This whole zero tolerance thing is an absolute joke and -----

For a record, this junction in the video is also one such ZERO TOLERANCE junction and the building next to the board is Yelahanka Traffic Police station. Just look at the way rules are broken here so comfortably:

https://Youtu.be/eSdUeec4bbo
AND this junction is right infront of the police station there. Absolutely useless and forget about other places which are NOT infront of a police station
Old 7th February 2022, 15:52   #19439
Team-BHP Support

Those lines seem to be everywhere! Was in interior Malleshwaram yesterday evening, and noticed a few junctions that don't even have a signal, painted with crisscrossing yellow lines.

There's no end to ingenuity when it comes to picking the taxpayer's pocket.
Old 7th February 2022, 16:23   #19440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Usually this is what BTP does. Come up with such fancy initiatives and go gung-ho in the media. But in reality, these diamond boxes are painting competition and happens once in every 5 years - 2017 and then 2022.

Also, it so happens that when a newbie joins the media team, he is brainwashed into believing that this one is a remarkable initiative to bring down the level of lawlessness on our roads.

Yellow means Mellow - 2022

Know About The New Zig-Zag Lines And Yellow Boxes Traffic Rules To Avoid Being Penalised - 2017

And in 2009, beloved BTP had painted the junctions with these boxes and this is probably where the journey of painting began :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
A few months back (may be a year?) or so they have painted yellow squares (called Boxes) at the intersections in Bangalore. I have asked lots of drivers about this.

May be Bangalore Traffic Police wanted to implement this system here but never progressed beyond marking these squares at the Intersections.

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th February 2022 at 16:24.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks