Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 10:39   #19801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Is the video in this tweet actually from Bengaluru?
Now that we have Street View in Bangalore it is easy to verify - indeed this is the approach to the Nagawara flyover of ORR when coming from Kalyan Nagar / Banaswadi side.
Old 4th August 2022, 11:00   #19802
BHPian

Yes, that video is from the Nagawara flyover. I avoided it yesterday when picking up the missus from the office, but that is only because I'm aware of that particularly large pothole given that it's also the route I take to my parents' place.

That said, potholes like that are really dangerous; one similar to that nearly sent me into the divider at 50km/h (after going into it) on the ORR flyover from Tin Factory toward Kammanahalli back in October 2020. Needless to say, the tyre was gone, but it was a good excuse to switch to S-Drives from stock.

The potholes like this are what need to be fixed. Not the tiny ones that slow down pace a bit and add to the 3xxx potholes fixed in BLR for clickbait news.
Old 4th August 2022, 11:15   #19803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
Yes, that video is from the Nagawara flyover. --------
The potholes like this are what need to be fixed. Not the tiny ones that slow down pace a bit and add to the 3xxx potholes fixed in BLR for clickbait news.
These ones are not potholes, they are sink holes or craters. What BBMP is fixing are pot holes, they are yet to tackle or talk about crater or sink holes
gtonsing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:48   #19804
Team-BHP Support

Sections of Mysore Road, relaid recently for dignitary visits, are already falling apart after a rainy spell (the stretch near Decathlon/NICE junction is especially poor).

Jugaad patchwork has begun, as is the norm.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 12:10   #19805
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday the entire MG road & Cubbon road stretch from Minsk square till Trinity circle was cordoned off for the central home minister. who was passing through. With his flight landing a hour or so later after I picked up my relatives from the airport, I guess we "missed" the cordoning of the airport - palace road section. We had to wait over 15 mins (at 1 in the night) for the HM's convoy to pass. I guess no road "improvements" were done for him.
Old 4th August 2022, 15:31   #19806
Distinguished - BHPian

Yelahanka cut off for next 2 hours due to HM visit to Mother Dairy plus onward to KIAL. Please avoid!
Old 4th August 2022, 18:00   #19807
Senior - BHPian

ORR - Marathahalli Area update: People coming from Jeevika hospital side and wants to head to KR puram by joining ORR are going to be tested for their driving, hand-eye co-ordination skills and luck, to cross the ring road.

The blue path was the earlier one that goes till near Karthik Nagar bus stop and take U-turn. That is closed due to metro work and the entry is a little ahead which means a right turn to KR Puram after braving across traffic towards Marathahalli.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot-20220804-154439.jpg

Saying again, Outer Ring Road is a mess now.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 4th August 2022 at 18:01.
Old 4th August 2022, 18:39   #19808
pms
BHPian

Not sure whether this is the right thread - Has anyone used the early morning MEMU train that runs between KSR station and Devanahalli (Train No: 06531)? I have a flight to catch at 10:20AM and was thinking of taking this train from Baiyapanahalli at 5:10AM. It reaches the KIA link station in 1 hour around 6:10AM and from there plan is to take the airport shuttle bus.

Last edited by pms : 4th August 2022 at 18:40.
Old 4th August 2022, 19:28   #19809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
People coming from Jeevika hospital side and wants to head to KR puram by joining ORR are going to be tested for their driving, hand-eye co-ordination skills and luck, to cross the ring road.
Well, starting from Brookefield or Graphite India and taking the Chinnapanahalli road / railway gate to emerge onto the ORR service road near Jeevika Hospital unscathed was in itself a major test of patience, hand-eye coordination and driving skills. :-)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 19:42   #19810
Senior - BHPian

As if my own horrible office commute is not enough, today had to deal with another one. The school bus driver called and requested if I can pick my son by coming upto somewhere on ring road as he already got very late and will be further late for the second trip after dropping this first trip. And so that he could take a u-turn and head back to school for the second trip. I obliged in the interest of not causing a trouble for the second trip kids and drove up till a point on the ring road to pick him up.

Does anyone know what is the ORR metro completion date, a firm one? If not full completion, at least when those middle lanes will be freed up for traffic.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 4th August 2022 at 19:45.
Old 4th August 2022, 20:54   #19811
Senior - BHPian

Saw this advisory from BIAL in linkedin.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-traveladvisory.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 21:12   #19812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Not sure whether this is the right thread - Has anyone used the early morning MEMU train that runs between KSR station and Devanahalli (Train No: 06531)? I have a flight to catch at 10:20AM and was thinking of taking this train from Baiyapanahalli at 5:10AM. It reaches the KIA link station in 1 hour around 6:10AM and from there plan is to take the airport shuttle bus.
Haven't taken it but I have seen the return MEMU from Devanahalli/airport towards the city pass on schedule - iirc it was around 8-9 am. By that I'd assume the early morning MEMU runs on schedule too.

P.s. There is a dedicated thread with regards to that particular MEMU (by me) but I think this is the better thread to get a response.
Old 5th August 2022, 07:55   #19813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Have not taken it, but since it starts from KSR, it should be on time. Even if it gets delayed reaching, you have plenty of buffer time. I assume the intention is to just try it out? Otherwise for a 10.20am flight , a cab or a bus would be more convenient as you would only need to start by say 6.30-7pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Does anyone know what is the ORR metro completion date, a firm one? If not full completion, at least when those middle lanes will be freed up for traffic.
2025 is the date being thrown about. The good thing about the ORR metro line so far is that construction is happening very fast. A lot of the pillars are up, pier caps installed and the girders are something called U girders which are precast offline and launched at site quickly. I also read somewhere that there is direction to the contractors to finish the civil work quickly so that the road can be freed up.

Have never seen any of the metro construction in the city progress so fast. So fingers crossed.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th August 2022 at 13:11. Reason: As requested
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 12:40   #19814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The good thing about the ORR metro line so far is that construction is happening very fast. A lot of the pillars are up, pier caps installed and the girders are something called U girders which are precast offline and launched at site quickly.
Similar on the KIAL Airport road. Work moving very fast
Old 5th August 2022, 13:00   #19815
BHPian

Not sure whether using U girders might make a difference, but the barriers in whitefield main road were removed only a couple of months back, with the metro scheduled to open by Dec 2022. Given that the barriers on ORR will remain atleast till 2025.

What I find more irritating is the complete closure at night and diversion into Service road, and despite that no traffic police to enforce the one way. I was stuck in a 15 min block at midnight near rainbow hospital because of a single tempo traveler who wanted to go the wrong way.
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks