Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2022, 19:39   #19831

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Not sure how these so called “planners” are working through these ideas. Even if these five lanes are set up, the traffic will get congested as soon as the flyover ends at Baptist Hospital. The congestion is just being moved from Esteem mall side to the Hebbal side.
Old 19th August 2022, 20:31   #19832
Senior - BHPian

White topping of ORR from tin factory to Hebbal was done with great fanfare a year back. Commuters suffered endlessly, still was happy, the work was completed.

Now as tax payer who pay 50% of my income as tax in various forms, what do I see after a year.

Two lanes of white topped ORR in the stretch are fully destroyed for the ongoing metro. By the lowest estimates this cost, 5Cr per km. So for around 15km, 75 Cr has gone down the drain for nothing but bad planning and lack of vision. Everyone knew metro work will start a year down the line,. then why did you white top this stretch for heaven's sake??

A petty thief who steal few thousands to fulfil his basic needs is crucified and jailed for his crimes. But such day light robbery of hundreds of crores of tax payers money, no one is bothered.

Last edited by poloman : 19th August 2022 at 20:36.
poloman is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 20:46   #19833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
White topping of ORR from tin factory to Hebbal was done with great fanfare a year back. Commuters suffered endlessly, still was happy, the work was completed. .
Passed by the Hebbal - Nagavara stretch this week. They have now chopped down the trees on both sides. Looks like more work coming up and more suffering :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Now that we have Street View in Bangalore it is easy to verify - indeed this is the approach to the Nagawara flyover of ORR when coming from Kalyan Nagar / Banaswadi side.
No, not that section. When coming from Nagavara towards Hebbal flyover, there is only one ramp that goes up, and turns left towards city. Traffic from Gorguntepalya towards Nagavara and Nagavara towards Yelahanka is both at ground level.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2022 at 06:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 00:46   #19834
BHPian

Quote:
Two lanes of white topped ORR in the stretch are fully destroyed for the ongoing metro.
+1. May be I was being very naive but for some reason I thought since these are concrete roads apart from a small portion near the pillars they won't be destroyed. But I had a peak around the metro barriers and I saw large portions were dug up and I could only see layers of mud
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 09:55   #19835
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: STRR update

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Another update on STRR. Looks like the Dabaspete to Doddaballapura to Devanahalli to Hoskote will be finished pretty soon

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/93646925.cms
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 11:18   #19836
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

One side of old Madras road in the stretch between RMZ Millenia to the Lakshmipuram cemetery junction has been white topped and opened for traffic. Also, in a move that will bring much needed respite (though for just a few days), the obstacle course with distributed craters, ruts and potholes between the Lakshmipuram cemetery junction and 100 feet road junction has been patched
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 18:18   #19837
BHPian

Re: STRR update

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Another update on STRR. Looks like the Dabaspete to Doddaballapura to Devanahalli to Hoskote will be finished pretty soon

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/93646925.cms
That is heartening, will reduce the load on the Tumkur-Hebbal stretch of the ring road!
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:20   #19838
BHPian

BBMP saga continues. Another classic example of sub standard planning and execution.
'Back-breaking' flyover closed a week after launch
Just a week after the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) threw open one side of the steel flyover at Sivananda Circle, the civic body has closed it by blocking entry of vehicles.

Source - DH
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...h-1138121.html
kavu75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:42   #19839
BANNED

Quote:
Everyone knew metro work will start a year down the line,. then why did you white top this stretch for heaven's sake??
It is not bad planning - it is a deliberate scam for earning kickbacks - every time a contractor is paid for repairs a cut goes to the politicians.
Ragul is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:33   #19840
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This week I had some work near BTM layout and on the way back I was in a cab and when we reached somewhere near the work in progress station we could hear loud voices and it was echoing. When we reached closer, we saw a guy who looked like some local goon (of course no helmet), fighting with the driver of a Thar, a middle aged man who has partially rolled down the driver's side glass. The goon had an accomplice with him and his scooter was parked in front of the Thar, very close to the bumper. Now, this guy was using expletives and very bad language and threatening the driver and even kicked the door, put his hands through the gap in the window trying to attack the driver by grabbing his neck the man driving the Thar was shooting a video of the goon with his phone.

A cabbie driving an Innova stopped and tried to pacify the goon but he continued trying to attack the Thar and it's driver.

Just then, couple of law and order cops who were passing by intervened but the goon kept going at what he was doing both verbally and physically and he asked his accomplice to click pictures of the car and "get him the details". By this time a large crowd gathered and the cops managed to move the scooter in front to let traffic pass and I don't know what happened after that.

Our roads have become extremely dangerous, don't know to what extent some people can go to do such things! And I didn't even see a scratch on the scooter or the Thar's bumper so most likely it's an Ego/road rage issue for something trivial.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd August 2022 at 20:35.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 20:46   #19841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
A cabbie driving an Innova stopped and tried to pacify the goon but he continued trying to attack the Thar and it's driver.
Good to know that atleast a few good samaritan out there stepping into help rather than take video/selfies.

Such situations knowing the local language is always a plus (to deal with cops etc). Good that the guy didnt open the door and engage further with the goon, but police been totally helpless pisses me off.
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:20   #19842
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Good to know that atleast a few good samaritan out there stepping into help rather than take video/selfies.
In this case the driver stayed inside the car and shot the video - he was just a minute or two away from physical harm, the window glass was almost broken and had it not been for the cabbie and the cops, something much more serious could have ensued.

I have no hopes on our cops - those guys will stay neutral and milk both parties. For the language used and the physical act that goon was committing in trying to damage the car and the attack the driver, I think any normal law and order cop would have first caned or used his lathi to stop the goon, instead they were pacifying him and asking the driver to come out and "discuss and settle" the matter

Last edited by NPV : 22nd August 2022 at 21:25.
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:49   #19843
Distinguished - BHPian

How to deal with the drivers behind you who flash their high beams repeatedly? I have learned to ignore a lot of aggressive and irritating drivers on the road so as not to spoil my mood or get into any ugly fights but this flashing stuff really triggers me and I worry I might do something stupid.

I am talking about congested roads where I can’t change lanes and give way to the vehicle. I guess some drivers just flash high beam fully knowing that the vehicle in the front has no space to yield or change lanes.

Last edited by androdev : 22nd August 2022 at 21:59.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:58   #19844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
How to deal with the drivers behind you who flash their high beams repeatedly?.. but this flashing stuff really triggers me and I worry I might do something stupid.
I hear you, and have been in such situations often. For me, I drive the Storme most times so try to go my own pace. The Storme gives me some comfort there. If he overtakes me, I let him go.

Btw, passed a Panamera couple of days back. He had his hazard lights all the time, gingerly taking those speed breakers. I dont think you do the same, do you ? (Feel for the guy, though. He cant be taking these as carefreely that I can)

Last edited by condor : 22nd August 2022 at 21:59.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 22:03   #19845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
When we reached closer, we saw a guy who looked like some local goon (of course no helmet), fighting with the driver of a Thar, a middle aged man who has partially rolled down the driver's side glass. The goon had an accomplice with him and his scooter was parked in front of the Thar, very close to the bumper. Now, this guy was using expletives and very bad language and threatening the driver and even kicked the door, put his hands through the gap in the window trying to attack the driver by grabbing his neck the man driving the Thar was shooting a video of the goon with his phone.
Smells like a scam where innocent drivers are conned into believing they hit a 2 wheeler during their drive. These goons drag the owner to a nearby ATM and force cash withdrawal. Many incidents have been reported in outer ring road few years back and HSR police even circulated emergency contact numbers over WhatsApp.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks