Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 08:39   #20281
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Time they built a permanent helipad at Raj Bhavan....Even the Taj Vivanta next to Cubbon Park can be used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There is no Taj Vivanta near Cubbon Park
I guess the ITC hotel on Residency Road was being referred to. They do have a functional helipad, I've seen a helicopter land and take off on that one when I used to work in that area. Wondering if all the helipads built on various buildings in Bangalore are actually usable though.

Now that's a thought, perhaps the construction and maintenance of these helipads should be entrusted to the same contractors that build and maintain the roads in Bangalore. After all, if their work is good enough for the taxpayers, surely it's good and safe enough for the people who govern the taxpayers!

Last edited by am1m : 28th September 2022 at 08:44.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:54   #20282
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
- why does a V(V)IP need to travel through cordoned off roads ? If the issue is 'security' just travel un-announced through roads, or via helicopter.
-
ntire thing is nonsense. This is a problem that should never have existed in the first place. Let the V(V)IP know what it is to be a common man, let him/her travel through the maddening traffic jam. Why are we taking it for granted that the V(V)IP's time is more important than ours ? It may seem a silly Q to ask, but if we ponder.

I engaged with a traffic cop (Sergeant) near Sanjay Nagar 11 years ago when I was being held up like this because of some ‘Honoured Lord’s (bowel) movement.
I had similarly engaged with a cop (Constable) 24 years ago to whom I gave a lift from Madras to Mahabalipuram because of Police ‘Bandobust’ on account of some other Great Lord’s (bowel) movement.
And once in the heavy rain near Command Hospital 17 years ago, (also during some SuperLord’s (bowel) movement, I parked to the side, called the poor wet bedraggled traffic cop and asked him to sit in my Jeep and smoked a cigarette with him.

On these three distinct and diverse occasions, I was able to hear at first hand, the unfairness of this dusgusting VIP and VVIP culture and the unwarranted and undue pressure and stress that it creates on the common citizens of India.

Time for serious and sweeping changes.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 09:03   #20283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
There is no Taj Vivanta near Cubbon Park
Brain fog, pease read as ITC Gardenia at Richmond Circle. I believe the only helipad formally approved for usage in BLR CBD. Is it used regularly?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.times...w/64020346.cms

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th September 2022 at 09:05.
Old 28th September 2022, 10:04   #20284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
All the service roads on ORR from KR Puram to Silk board are one way, although a few stretches (like Marathalli to kartik nagar) are one way in the opposite direction, which is a bit confusing as there is no proper boards where the one way direction changes.

Most of them were marked as one way years ago, and a few remaining ones were done after the bus lane was started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
This particular stretch is clearly marked as one-way and there are cops stationed there many times. While ignorance of the law is also not an excuse, this is a clear case of violation.
Just curious - have you guys seen any boards stating one-way on the ORR service roads recently?

Just drove on the service lane from Sarjapur Road junction to Bellandur (/RMZ junction). Saw zero boards mentioning one-way. Plenty of no-parking boards.

Again, not saying I am 100% sure it's a two-way road. But just remember that next time one of you see an idiot coming in the opposite direction, s/he probably might be 100% believing this is a 2-way road, as most service roads generally turn out to be. And given there is no signage, nor do the cops stop the vehicles coming in opposite direction (as I experienced today), do enjoy the standoff / arguments if you have the enthusiasm to do so with them.
Old 28th September 2022, 11:57   #20285

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Just curious - have you guys seen any boards stating one-way on the ORR service roads recently?

Just drove on the service lane from Sarjapur Road junction to Bellandur (/RMZ junction). Saw zero boards mentioning one-way. Plenty of no-parking boards.
Guess one should ask the cop, tongue-in-cheek, if he/she is the "traffic sign"!

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th September 2022 at 12:04.
Old 28th September 2022, 13:02   #20286
Senior - BHPian

Got caught for jumping a red signal at Halasuru gate traffic junction. It was my mistake (I was wary of a bus which was very close to my right) and missed to see the signal change to red. I complied to the police, parked to the side & mentioned that it was my mistake. Cop took my DL and noticed no challans against me (DL and the car). Asked me if I have cash. I said will make the payment via google pay as I do not carry cash. Agreed and off we went to SI who charged me to traffic jump (1st offence) and to pay 500 rs. Paid off and came. No ask for a bribe at all.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 13:35   #20287
Distinguished - BHPian

Part of CV Raman Road in Yeshwantpura to be closed for one month.

The stretch in Yeshwantapura will remain closed for nearly one month from Tuesday, September 27, onwards due to white topping work that has been undertaken by the BBMP.
Old 28th September 2022, 15:24   #20288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Part of CV Raman Road in Yeshwantpura to be closed for one month.
Both the lanes or one side only?
Old 28th September 2022, 19:40   #20289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Both the lanes or one side only?
Yeshwanthpur towards Malleshwaram was open on the opposite side. Take the far right ramp towards Mekhri circle. Mathikere visitors should use the narrow flower market road. Or Triveni road.
Old 28th September 2022, 19:58   #20290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Yeshwanthpur towards Malleshwaram was open on the opposite side. Take the far right ramp towards Mekhri circle. Mathikere visitors should use the narrow flower market road. Or Triveni road.
Thanks, any idea if Yeshwantpur to Mekhri Circle via CV Raman Road is open?
Old 30th September 2022, 11:54   #20291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Time they built a permanent helipad at Raj Bhavan.

All VVIP visits can then be coordinated between KIAL, HAL, Jakkur Aerodrome, E-City, Palace Grounds etc. Even the Taj Vivanta next to Cubbon Park can be used.

Will spare us mango people from the miseries.
Well, the opposite is happening and the mango people can rather take a chopper to get to the airport instead. In the age of current inflation pressure the general public is surviving I don’t know how many can afford to cough up additional 3k + taxes for this service

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-4d16b9fef2f44799a7cb974a3beb4ca8.jpeg

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...362813745.html
Old 30th September 2022, 13:22   #20292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Well, how many can afford to cough up additional 3k + taxes for this service :
The cost of a private Innova taxi from a reputed private service provider to corporates, is anywhere from Ra 2200-Rs 3000. The normal Airport Taxi costs about 1800.
So frankly if the helicopter is going to cost around 5000/- its not bad!
Trouble is where does one board the helicopter?
If the authorities would hurry up the Airport Metro that would be a big relief indeed.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 13:35   #20293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The cost of a private Innova taxi from a reputed private service provider to corporates, is anywhere from Ra 2200-Rs 3000. The normal Airport Taxi costs about 1800.
So frankly if the helicopter is going to cost around 5000/- its not bad!
This service is definitely aimed at corporates, who would prefer to have more time for their executives to do meetings instead of spending hours in traffic getting to and from the airport.

The common man with family carrying 15kgs + of luggage (individually) surely can't afford this and would want the authorities to solve the traffic menace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Trouble is where does one board the helicopter?
Quote:
According to a statement from the company, only two choppers will be launched at the airport in the initial phase. Based on the response from customers, the company will extend its services to all areas in Bengaluru. The firm is planning to run only two chopper services per day, one at 9am from KIA airport to HAL airport and another one at 4.15pm from HAL airport to KIA airport. The travel time will be for 15 minutes and the ticket fare is fixed at Rs. 3,250, excluding taxes.

The company issued a statement that read, “Passengers can now skip the painful 2-hour travel in traffic and choose for a fast 15-minute chopper instead to Bengaluru airport. The services will be launched at Whitefield and Electronic City subsequently”
Old 1st October 2022, 17:23   #20294
BANNED

The whole stretch of road from Iblur to Sarjapura and beyond right upto Attibele, is one mass of potholes and broken surfaces.
Yes they are doing the roads and the flyover etc but right now that whole road is in frightful condition.
Makes me glad that own a Mahindra Thar which instills huge confidence while traversing our terrible Bangalore roads.
Old 2nd October 2022, 14:50   #20295
BHPian

Had to drive to Marathahalli for a personal work and hats off to all those who commute daily.

I've never seen such a high percentage of wrong side driving and police are literally helpless despite, their efforts.

Few videos.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks