Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 10:15   #20641
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
I used to think the cops and government planners were the reason for state of Bangalore traffic but the citizens are equally, if not more responsible for this mess.
100%

When more of us start realizing this and behaving accordingly, things will start improving. There is a limit to how much the cops can do, sometimes I feel sorry for them, they are overwhelmed. (No sympathy for government planners, politicians, BBMP- they are clearly shirking their job responsibilities!)

Almost all the people I see obstructing traffic in neighborhoods by parking on the road because they have not planned for parking inside the house, parking badly right in front of restaurants/shops because they are too lazy to park elsewhere and walk, are "educated" folk...who complain about the traffic!

Last edited by am1m : 9th January 2023 at 10:17.
am1m is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:35   #20642
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

On Saturday I was in Koramangala 80 feet road in my Gypsy trying to take a left turn towards Green Cars - Maruti Authorised Service.
There is a small ‘Darshini’ Stand and Eat restaurant. Quite crowded. The lane to Green cars is right there too and it is a narrow lane.
There was a chap on a Bullet coming along in the opposite direction against the traffic. The traffic is always heavy there because it builds up at the Sony World signal and tails back.
So this Bullet fellow kept gesturing at me saying he wanted space to squeeze between my Gypsy and an Auto which was in front, plus one more Auto which was on my left, so that he (the Bullet) could proceed (mind you, he was in the wrong direction against the traffic and on the wrong side of the road).
He looked like a typical educated working person so I rolled down my window and asked him what prevented him from going along the road along with the traffic, making an U Turn and then coming back. He said ‘My House is ‘there only’ and the implication clearly was that he was not in the wrong. Now when educated people behave in this way, what hope have we regular Joe’s, for any improvement?
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 11:05   #20643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Paytm. <snip>...Paytm reference link out that points the same way.
And if one isn't a paytm user like me, the BTP site has the relevant link under "Pay your fine" section - "Search & Pay violations by vehicle number".

Have checked this site for violations and to my surprise found one against my wife's Nano, but violation committed when I was driving solo , jumping traffic signal. I'm sure I didn't commit that, but don't have a dashcam installed on that car to prove otherwise.

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 9th January 2023 at 11:07.
KrisTvpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 11:25   #20644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Have checked this site for violations and to my surprise found one against my wife's Nano, but violation committed when I was driving solo , jumping traffic signal. I'm sure I didn't commit that, but don't have a dashcam installed on that car to prove otherwise.
I have seen people ask for violation image from BTP on their Twitter handle and they respond with the picture captured. Maybe you can try that.
Old 9th January 2023, 12:56   #20645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Paytm. Search by phrase 'traffic challan', select BTP and enter vehicle number to search.

Seems legit as the BTP site also has a Paytm reference link out that points the same way.

Attachment 2400342
Isn't there any dedicated app to check and pay fines? This site is always down and with firewalls and proxies around the workplace, it just does not load!
Old 9th January 2023, 15:12   #20646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Isn't there any dedicated app to check and pay fines? This site is always down and with firewalls and proxies around the workplace, it just does not load!
Try the "Karnataka mobile one" app. This is an umbrella app for nearly all State Govt services, among them you can lookup and pay BTP fines via the PayBills/Challan->Fines&Challans->BTP pay fine.
I have never faced an outage issue via this app unlike the BTP portal (I have not paid via the app, but used it only for lookup).
whitewing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 16:23   #20647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
And if one isn't a paytm user like me, the BTP site has the relevant link under "Pay your fine" section - "Search & Pay violations by vehicle number".
If any such violation exist, will it not be visible in Parivaahan also? Trying to clarify, if we need to keep checking both places once in a while.

I understand the original query was to search for challans by only registration number.
Old 9th January 2023, 17:31   #20648
BHPian

Is there any dedicated email for contesting the traffic fines. There will be some mistakes committed by the btp and we should be able to dispute, in case of any doubt.
Old 9th January 2023, 17:56   #20649
BHPian

My brothers car was challanned for illegal parking on mainroad when actually it was parked in legal parking area in front of the house. His house is in Jayanagar, but the challan mentions some different address. His neighbor is also facing the same issue. Looks like some cop wanted to complete their target and just clicked random cars. Any idea how to contest this challan?
Old 9th January 2023, 18:32   #20650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Is there any dedicated email for contesting the traffic fines. There will be some mistakes committed by the btp and we should be able to dispute, in case of any doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
... Looks like some cop wanted to complete their target and just clicked random cars. Any idea how to contest this challan?
I see BTP on twitter asking people to mail them at automationpubbcp@ksp.gov.in

Better to post on twitter or some other social media alongside sending the mail so that the whole issue gets some visibility.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:13   #20651
BHPian

An under-construction metro pillar collapses near KR Puram.
Unfortunately, a mother and 1.5 year old kid died.
This is the last thing, I would expect among all the existing woes on ORR.

https://www.timesnownews.com/bengalu...ticle-96875292
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:28   #20652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
My brothers car was challanned for illegal parking on mainroad when actually it was parked in legal parking area in front of the house. His house is in Jayanagar, but the challan mentions some different address. His neighbor is also facing the same issue. Looks like some cop wanted to complete their target and just clicked random cars. Any idea how to contest this challan?
In the site btp.gov.in, there is a complaint & suggestions tab on the top menu. You can choose Complaint type as 'About traffic fines'.

I have not used it, so don't know if it works. Please do let us know what your experience is with this channel.
MSAneesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:42   #20653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
In the site btp.gov.in, there is a complaint & suggestions tab on the top menu. You can choose Complaint type as 'About traffic fines'.

I have not used it, so don't know if it works. Please do let us know what your experience is with this channel.
Thanks, just what I was looking for - have raised one today and will keep you all posted on what happens. I have a wrong challan.

PS: I had previously emailed helpdesk-echallan@gov.in and onehelpdesk@karnataka.gov.in and I got a prompt response from both of them stating that they would not be able to address wrong challan issues and asked me to get in touch with traffic police.
Sandegov is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 13:56   #20654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
An under-construction metro pillar collapses near KR Puram.
Unfortunately, a mother and 1.5 year old kid died.
This is the last thing, I would expect among all the existing woes on ORR.

https://www.timesnownews.com/bengalu...ticle-96875292
Horrible. So sad. Guess they completed the whole column steel structure in one go and placed it. Was not stable at the bottom and toppled due to weight.
Old 10th January 2023, 14:53   #20655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Horrible. So sad. Guess they completed the whole column steel structure in one go and placed it. Was not stable at the bottom and toppled due to weight.
The pillar structure is built at site and not pre-fabbed.

But I think, a structure like that would not collapse immediately, there would be a flex at first and then a gradual collapse, which would speed up towards the end. Wonder how the contractor missed this, and how the people on the road missed to spot it slowly leaning-in as well.

Most Viewed