Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 15:09   #16
BHPian

Why did the guy ask for a Mercedes? Maybe he mistook Jaguar for Mercedes. Was it a case of greed stoking fire or fire stoking greed? Ahem.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Haven't we heard of any esteem,santro,city etc catching fire recently. Any car can catch fire so lets not flame tata without knowing the actual cause which in this case looks like greed on the owners part.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:44   #18
Joy
BHPian

There must be something fishy about the whole thing. The guy has neither complained to the police nor contacted the insurance for claim.

Yes, we should blame tata for a one off thing. Let's wait and watch whether any other car has this sort of problems or not.
Old 14th September 2009, 21:56   #19
BANNED

I googled for "nano catches fire" and the 2nd result is "iPoD nano catches fire".

Here is another report about the incident

India TV :: National News >> Parked Nano Catches Fire In Ahmedabad
Old 14th September 2009, 22:11   #20
BHPian

There seems to be something fishy here.I saw the news on TV.The fire seems to have emanated from behind the steering wheel.
Now, what could possibly have caused a fire behind the steering wheel in a Nano?
Old 14th September 2009, 22:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
There seems to be something fishy here.I saw the news on TV.The fire seems to have emanated from behind the steering wheel.
Now, what could possibly have caused a fire behind the steering wheel in a Nano?
bad wiring for Keyless entry/ICE. only these two alien wiring go under there. otherwise, they all go through the in built harness and would have a fuse to protect the short circuit.
Old 14th September 2009, 23:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

I'd love to see this news on INDIA TV.

Imagine what their Hindi Dialect for this breaking news would be
Old 14th September 2009, 23:53   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Nano having its battery below the driver seat is quite a dangerous thing.

I am getting finicky of the wiring now.
Buddy, Millions of VW Beetles sold all over the world had Batteries under the rear seat, with a liittle less than an mm in contact with the seat springs.

There are no such incidents of catching fire, unless with neglect.

This report seems to be tooo fishy, Further probe might get the whole truth out.
Old 15th September 2009, 00:41   #24
Team-BHP Support

Hold on a tick!

The car caught fire, and instead of going and registering a complaint at the nearest police station and then claiming insurance, the man had marched straight to the dealership demanding a rather unreasonable replacement.

Sounds like the man who always wanted a 'big' car but had to settle for a Nano as his bank balance wouldn't agree with that prospect.
Old 15th September 2009, 00:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

being the seasoned tata critic that I am, I normally would have seized this as yet another oppurtunity to bash them, but this is way too suspicious. This man is behaving very strangely.

Maybe he thinks he's lucky, given the fact that he managed to get a nano allotted to him in the first place
Old 15th September 2009, 02:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

all this time we have heard dealership harassing customers, now this is new for a change.
a customer harassing a dealership. balle! balle!
Old 15th September 2009, 03:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Wonder if the chap knows that replacing the 2 ORVM's and other spare parts on the Mercedes would cost him about the same amount as buying a Nano!!

Its not about whether you have enough money to buy it.. you should have enough to maintain it as well.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:15   #28
BHPian

Slightly off topic: I happen to get struck in a traffic jam (nothing new here in Bangalore) because of a Nano. It was my first sighting of a Nano & wasnt a impressing one - to see a broken down Nano in the middle of the road, causing traffic jam.

Last friday, I saw this Nano stopped in the middle of the uphill road with buses lined up behind it. The road (near Devaiah Park, Malleswaram) is undergoing all kinds of mods - thanks to the Metro work. The road is dug up on both sides with barely 2 lanes possible & this Nano stopping on the road had caused a chaotic scene. They were trying to push it off the road, to the dug up area. I was wondering if it would have been easier for them to lift it & keep it aside instead of all that struggle to push it (not sure what was the problem). Appeared like a mechanical problem as there were 4-5 people trying to push it aside.

Sad to see a newish nano broken down & being pushed off the road - did not leave a good impression about Nano, this being my first sighting of a live nano on the road.

Should have tried to take a snap & given it to TOI to publish as - A Nano creates a Jumbo Jam
Old 15th September 2009, 12:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

All this is is not good news for the Nano, if it is true.

The thread already contains two incidents that put the Nano in bad light. The authenticity of the claims need to be verified.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

We do not know the reason till now , Mostly people blame their xyz vehicle burned and swear that nothing was modified but it is always other way round.

OT :

My cousin's Indica got burned full engine compartment was charred to ashes and fixed in 75000 Rupees ( apart form insurance) the culprit was 130 /110 headlights which driver left turned on and parked it under sun in month of May.

This was car for business use and spending any $$$ more then absolutely required is unwarrented for them. In my recent visit we discussed the incidence and i mentioned about fitting relay and higher gauge wiring etc. but they insisted that switching off while parking is enough.

My cousin runs a business related to electrical / mechanical parts and as you know no one can advice anything related to electricals to such people so I did not try reasoning any further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks