Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 16:21   #31
BHPian

On the subject of Nano fire, please see this Rediff news slide : (link to one slide of the total article )
What the Tata Nano is like: Owners speak! : Rediff Business News, Latest India business news, India Economy news, World Business, Finance news, Latest business headlines, business videos and business articles.

So the wirings are suspects in Nano !!
Also another slide mentions about the A/c duct cover falling off. Problem with plastics used.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Actually I've seen quite a few cars spontaneously combust in my lifetime. And its usually because of some short-circuit or something. Its not nano specific. Ive seen a 800, Corsa and Accent with my own eyes and I've seen some posts on TBHP about many other cars as well, even Ferrari's for the matter. So its nothing to do with TATA and everything to do and see how its handled. Anything more then a replacement would be so cool.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:38   #33
BHPian

i guess the owner had seen pics of lambo gallardos getting burnt and tried to implement this to get a benefit. the nano and gallardo are both mid-engined afterall!!

MERC for compensation?? what next?? burn the merc for a bentley??
Old 16th September 2009, 07:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
MERC for compensation?? what next?? burn the merc for a bentley??
yes, if tatas give into this one they are definitley asking for trouble. the guy seems to be pesky enough to make a demand like that i am sure he will not stop at anything else.
Old 16th September 2009, 08:32   #35
BHPian

may be the guy never asked for a merecedes or any of the cars as mentioned in the report ! could be that the tata is trying to discredit the customer (damage control by the tata to save their name !!)

IMO, the car must have caught fire and the customer must have demanded a non-nano replacement like an indica/indigo. The dealership could be blowing things out of proportion. Just a thought..

Cheers
Old 16th September 2009, 15:49   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
may be the guy never asked for a merecedes or any of the cars as mentioned in the report ! could be that the tata is trying to discredit the customer (damage control by the tata to save their name !!)

IMO, the car must have caught fire and the customer must have demanded a non-nano replacement like an indica/indigo. The dealership could be blowing things out of proportion. Just a thought..

Cheers

That could be a possibility as well! God, the possibilities are endless, aren't they? And I'm sure the media will blow the whole thing out of proportion if they get a whiff of it even!

I'm sure Mamta Banarjee and Green Peace are delighted about this development!
Old 16th September 2009, 16:20   #37
BHPian

Well to be frank, I feel jealous if TATA hand-over a merc for this chap. Looking at the possibility [purely intuition] the guy may get Merc.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:36   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme27 View Post
Well to be frank, I feel jealous if TATA hand-over a merc for this chap. Looking at the possibility [purely intuition] the guy may get Merc.
Highly doubt it. They'd give a car from their own stable or maybe a Fiat. That is of course if he gets his way! An Indica or an Indigo is a possibility. Even a Punto or a Linea or a Palio!

I think they'd just give him a fully kitted out Nano as a replacement. Would love to see the look on his face when that happens
Old 17th September 2009, 08:57   #39
BANNED

That sounds like a ridiculous claim by the Nano owner. Are there any Nano ownership review threads here?
Old 18th September 2009, 10:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
That sounds like a ridiculous claim by the Nano owner. Are there any Nano ownership review threads here?
got snapshots of the article on this incident. somebody sent it on email.
@mods, am i allowed to put this up?
Attached Thumbnails
Owner asks for Mercedes after parked Nano catches fire. EDIT : One more on page 5!-nano-1.jpg  

Owner asks for Mercedes after parked Nano catches fire. EDIT : One more on page 5!-nano-2.jpg  

Old 18th September 2009, 15:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
got snapshots of the article on this incident.
Reading that article and what the owner says, it does not seem that suspicious now that he could have engineered it. From what I have read here, TATA dealers are an unscruplous lot and this lies from them could have been to discredit the owner
Old 20th September 2009, 20:56   #42
BANNED

Tata should make a full refund to the owner and take the car back. That should settle it. Small price to pay for a big company like TATA.
Old 21st September 2009, 02:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
The most expensive scale model of a merc can be as expensive as the nano.... makes sense.
The right rear view mirror of the Merc E280 costs exactly 1.3 lacs! lol!

Last edited by rageshgr : 21st September 2009 at 03:00.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Tata should make a full refund to the owner and take the car back. That should settle it. Small price to pay for a big company like TATA.
hang on guys, has it been proven to be a manufacturing defect ? has there been an investigation yet? now that'll tell if tata was at fault or if the owner is trying to pull a fast one on the big guys. Would like to know how Ratan Tata is seeing this episode.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:42   #45
Team-BHP Support

I haven't heard much about this incident apart from T-BHP. Has this been hushed up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks