Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:43   #46
BHPian

Gujju brain at work, if sensex is not making money, so what, there is another way out...
LOL Mercedes.. for Nano.....
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:35   #47
BANNED

May be the seat got overheated in the sun and the windshield acted like a lens and made it catch fire.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:55   #48
BHPian

Now that one is a hell of a compensation. Definitely a Gujju mind at work. Wonder if he even gets a penny after it is found that there was a foul play by him.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
May be the seat got overheated in the sun and the windshield acted like a lens and made it catch fire.
dude, now is that even weirdly possible? It has got to do with the external wiring tampering by some unprofessional accessories guy.
Old 23rd September 2009, 20:46   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
that G55 looks fab but the mystery is still on. what is hanmust planning for his G?
Old 29th September 2009, 20:12   #51
BHPian

Well, its not uncommon for Tata cars to catch fire due to short circuiting just like other cars. My friend's Indica had a short circuit problem, fortunately it was put out in time as we realised the smoke coming out of the car.

The entire lighting i mean all the connected bulbs, horn & the music system got impacted.
Old 30th September 2009, 07:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
that G55 looks fab but the mystery is still on. what is hanmust planning for his G?
my bad. I just realized that I posted in the wrong thread. Its been quite a few days since I got online on TBhp to realize this sooner.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:20   #53
BHPian

If the deal ever goes through, TATA should start advertising "Buy One Get One Free". Buy a Nano, Get Merc/Linea/Safari Free*

* Conditions apply, If the Nano catches fire.

But seriously, Nano catching fire? Hope its not TATA fault, else it would be a disaster for the TATA. Media will probably rip them apart. Nano has already seen enough issues in WB.
Old 19th October 2009, 00:12   #54
BHPian

This is another Tata car that went up in flames recently:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...e-driving.html
Old 21st October 2009, 21:29   #55
MAS
Senior - BHPian

TATA NANO - On Fire

Hi folks,

Just was watching the CNBC TV 18. I was shocked to hear that out of the 7500 Nano cars sold (delivered) so far, three of them have caught fire.

The following was mentioned in one of the web site which carried information regarding the latest fire (20th Oct 2009),

A newly purchased Tata Nano car that was parked in a parking lot in the posh Hazratganj locality of Lucknow caught fire Tuesday evening, its owner said.

Nobody was hurt in the incident, said R.H. Rizvi, who bought the car in July from a Lucknow based dealer.

“I parked my car in the parking lot of a shopping complex and went to buy some gifts. I was shocked when the parking attendant came rushing to me within 10 minutes saying that the car is on fire”, Rizvi told IANS.

In a similar incident, another Tata Nano, belled as the world’s least expensive car, caught fire in Ahmedabad early Tuesday.

Technical experts blame the position of the battery for such incidents.

“The car battery is placed under the driver’s seat and this is the most potential reason for these fire incidents,” an engineer with Tata Motors in Lucknow said.

Unquote

Hope TATA recalls the first set of 7500 Nanos and replaces the "Combination Light switch", which is suspected to cause of the problem.

MODS: If there exists a thread on this already, kindly delete/merge
Old 21st October 2009, 21:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ches-fire.html

Hope Tata has figured what caused the fire- before this snowballs into a PR disaster, a la Cielo!
Old 21st October 2009, 21:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

This is a real downer for the Nano. It is crucial that this kind of thing doesn't happen if it is to prove itself as a proper car.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:44   #58
BHPian

It's been reported in moneycontrol.com today that 3 Nanos have caught fire so far, but the Tatas have ruled out a recall:

CNBC-TV18 - 3 Nanos catch fire; Tata rules out recall
Old 22nd October 2009, 08:10   #59
BHPian

NANO on fire?

The Nano, the world's cheapest car, appears to have developed a technical snag. Three cases have been reported of the car developing short circuit near the combination switch in the car's steering column, igniting small fires. The company has called two of them back for repairs.

Source:
Old 22nd October 2009, 08:18   #60
BHPian

this was the last thing that could happen for tata's dream car. this car has gained lot of publicity both positive and negative. dont know whether this car will live up with the expectation. to keep the car cost low we even dont know whether the quality of materials used for building a nano is safe. only time will give the answer.

If nano is a flop then people might have to rely on old horses like maruti 800 and alto.

my personal opinion will be to pay little extra money and go for these rather cheapest car of the world which has issues which is life threatening.

Most Viewed