Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2005, 01:04   #1
BHPian

stupid accident

This happened last night--
I was going for a friend's party to red light in another friends car.I knew he would be in no condition to drive so i suggested that we catch a cab but he just was not willing to listen.
So anyway we go to the party and my buddy here gets hammered.I had to leave and so got another friend(this guy doesnt drink) to drive that idiot home.
At about 5 am i get a call saying that they had an accident and that i should come to Breach Candy hospital.
The idiot (who studies in the UK and was supposed to leave in a week)smashed into a tata mobile which had been converted into a refrigerated goods carrier head on at about a 80 kms on a blind turn.
As a result of his stubbornness he is lying in the Icu at Breach Candy,my other buddy kapur is lying in the d-care unit ,my friend dhruv is at home with a fractured shoulder and my friends rohan has a cracked rib and has possible trauma to his head.

The weird part is that i almost waited to leave with them but realised that there were too many people who werent keen on catching a cab in the rain and then decided to catch a cab instead because there were too many people.

bottom line -PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DRINK AND DRIVE IT IS LETHAL.

Last edited by byramshroff : 30th July 2005 at 01:07.
Old 30th July 2005, 01:51   #2
BANNED

what car dude...and whats the condition of it
Old 30th July 2005, 02:03   #3
BHPian

yup..drinking and driving is very very bad..we at team bhp.com never encourage such acts.
don't drink and DrIvE

sr
Old 30th July 2005, 03:45   #4
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Your drunk friend crashed the car right ? Its not like he didn't know the consequences. No sympathies.

Last edited by RJK : 30th July 2005 at 03:47.
Old 30th July 2005, 06:39   #5
BHPian

That's really sad to hear....hope they get well soon and I'm sure this friend of yours would never drink and drive again in his whole life. I say this since I once did this mistake myself and realised that it was just not worth the thrill. Now I ensure that I have a non drinking friend who can drive me back after a party, only then I drink.
Old 30th July 2005, 10:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Do not succumb to these sort of pressures. I have a friend who always wants to be on the drivers seat immaterial of how much he drinks. During initial stages, I was little bit hesitant to say big "NO", as it would create a crack on our relationship. Later I understand that if we permit this there won't be such a person to have relationship at all. If we are not entertaining him, alteast he would be alive. The other sad part is that if you permit and something happens, it will linger your mind forever. From thereon I (we) made sure that we never travel after we drink or take a cab.

There are stupid's who will become superstrong after they drink & create headache to all others.

Because of these guy, others also getting affected.
Old 30th July 2005, 13:39   #7
BHPian

Teach the SO to drive!

For all you guys who are married/living-in, it is great if the SO knows driving!

I make it a point not to drive after 2 drinks and from that point on the wife is the nominated driver for the night while I keep nursing my nth (Good for me as the wife is a teetotaler )

CHEERS!
Old 30th July 2005, 15:48   #8
BHPian

you are lucky man.. and about your freind.. he shouldnt be allowed to drive..what if insted of a tata mobile he had crashed into a smaller automobile?? man you can do hell with ur life but you cant risk other people life !!!

i hate these kinda people...
Old 30th July 2005, 22:44   #9
BHPian

He was driving a TATA Indigo.He is okay got stitches etc but my other friend has internal injuries and is still in the hospital under observation because apparently these injuries cannot be detected straight away.
Old 31st July 2005, 01:05   #10
BHPian

If drunks dont listen, give them a good smack on the face. Else pour a bucket of water. That should bring them to their senses.
I hope no one was seriously injured in the tata mobile. I dont pity with the drunk or his friends, since they by going with him are party to the accident as much as the driver. They should not have let him drive no matter what.
Old 31st July 2005, 01:09   #11
BHPian

byram if i am not wrong previously some other frnd of urs had crashed his accord rite??.....................this guy learnt his lesson(i hope) .... well i guess every1 deserves a second chance
Old 31st July 2005, 23:10   #12
BHPian

Hey cheatingdeath ya the guy who banged his accord was also a friend.It's not only these two incidents I have seen this happen over and over again with so many of my friends.The problem is that most of these guys are so drunk that they get violent if you say something to them.most of the time they come to their senses but sometimes they just wont listen. The police should really crack down hard on drinking and driving otherwise this stupidity will never end.
Old 31st July 2005, 23:22   #13
BHPian

i guess this would theach him a good lesson and will always remember this incident!!! hope he recovers soon !!
Old 1st August 2005, 10:47   #14
BHPian

hahahaha.......... ya byram the cops need to nab these guyz not ... adolescent mentality sucks(aT TimeS)

Last edited by cheatingdeath : 1st August 2005 at 10:48.
Old 1st August 2005, 11:45   #15
BHPian

That was bad..you shouldnt have let them drive..the consquences you can see now. What was he thinking when he took out the car after getting hammered. Unexcusable, tell them to take care and not do anything stupid. Hope they recover soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks