Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 10:11   #1
BHPian

30 Minutes Or Free

Ever notice those zipping bikes/mopeds/scooters out to deliver a favorite pizza to somebody? How often have you felt irritated by the kind of driving resorted to by the delivery boys? Personally, I think that by indulging in promos like "30 minutes or free" companies are promoting irresponsible and rash driving behavior amongst youngsters. What do you guys think?

MODS: Didn't know where to post this, so posting it in two wheeler section.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:32   #2
BHPian

I agree !

I agree to this NutsNBolts, they are, as a matter of fact, utter nuisances on the road, i don't blame the drivers completely though. I once happened to have a talk with a mechanic who was appointed by domino's pizza to maintain their bikes and he said they dont care about the bike at all, Why ?
So he said because a lot of people who work their have been wanting bikes from their childhood so that they can rev them up and zoom past people, just for the heck of it. and some of them do it because they have to deliver more in their shift and make more per day...??, which is again wrong IMHO as their risking their life and at the same time posing a threat to pedestrians and other people on the Road..

Last edited by blurust : 27th October 2009 at 11:34. Reason: added more stuff.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:40   #3
BHPian

ive heard that if they dont deliver it on time, the cost of the order is deducted from their salaries. i guess thats why they drive rashly
Old 27th October 2009, 11:56   #4
BHPian

We can help them to give the money even they arrive 5 to 10 min late. We need to gve them benefit of doubt at least in banaglore traffic
Old 27th October 2009, 12:13   #5
BHPian

I don't think the 30 minutes or free offers are still available, as the same concern was raised quite some time back and such offers came under radar. Now these deliver boys zoom because they either want to make more money or because they always wanted to drive crazy.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:22   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

We are reasonably regular customers of Dominos - there is a disclaimer clearly on all their promotional material which says that this 30 min or free guarantee is not applicable in some areas and/ or during specific festival or celebration days in the year. In the case of apartments it is applicable at the first point of contact - building security and they also say that they dont penalize their delivery boys for non compliance with the guarantee.

I agree that the poor guys really have to run hard to meet the deadline sometimes especially in Bangalore which definitely leads to a certain number of accidents and possibly rash driving.

This is why when I order I always ask them to take their time - no hurry.

Also - I think everyone should tip the guy a reasonable amount - after all the Pizza's etc cost a lot and the typical bill comes to about 500 Rs - tipping Rs 30/- to the guy is not going to hurt anyone and will to some extent compensate him for having come and dropped off one's dinner at one's door step.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:55   #7
BHPian

I guess the more emphasis has to be on companies indulging in such promo exercises. AFAIK, the timer starts, the moment customer puts down the phone. Pizza making has a fixed timing and only flexible timing is the delivery period by the delivery boy. How quickly he can do it by zooming on two wheelers, he does not need to maintain, and be ready to deliver the next one, is an entirely irresponsible process IMHO. There are companies that deliver stuff without the timer and their products are in as good a state as the ones sold by someone like Dominos.

Tipping etc is fine, what I want to bring out is the irresponsible attitude of the company by promoting reckless driving through timer based promotions.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:01   #8
BHPian

Whether or not there is a claim by the vendor about delivering in 30 minutes or not, delivery people on bikes, scooters and cycles ride like there is no tomorrow. Most often, the oversized box tied to their 2 wheelers hit the side of cars and also cause them to be unbalanced and move their handlebars from side to side thus totally making a mess of traffic all around them. While 2 wheeler deliveries are very common in Europe, it is regulated and people obey traffic rules. Let there be a standard 2 wheeler designed to cater to the needs of such vendors is my suggestion.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

When every other two-wheeler rider zooms on the road like it's his/her own backyard, why blame those poor pizza delivery boys?

I have no issues with their driving since I don't find them much different from rest of the traffic in Pune
Old 27th October 2009, 15:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by debugged View Post
I don't think the 30 minutes or free offers are still available, as the same concern was raised quite some time back and such offers came under radar.
I seem to be under the same impression.

Quote:
Now these deliver boys zoom because they either want to make more money or because they always wanted to drive crazy.
Exactly. Faster = more order = more tips.
Also maybe driving around in traffic all day must get to them, and therefore they decide to make it a little more thrilling?

cya
R
Old 27th October 2009, 15:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
When every other two-wheeler rider zooms on the road like it's his/her own backyard, why blame those poor pizza delivery boys?

I have no issues with their driving since I don't find them much different from rest of the traffic in Pune
I kind of agree with that. They kind of blend in with the rest of the traffic chaos in Pune... thats the sad fact. That aside, I have several times seen them grossly mistreating the bikes and have wondered how long those bikes remain in working condition. Anyway, thats the company's problem.

Last edited by Raccoon : 27th October 2009 at 15:24.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
ive heard that if they dont deliver it on time, the cost of the order is deducted from their salaries. i guess thats why they drive rashly
This is incorrect. Dominos do not deduct it from the delivery boy's salary. Last Sunday I was at Dominos and they had this written on their badges !!! Some delivery boys say this when they are late and pocket the money.

Quote:
I don't think the 30 minutes or free offers are still available, as the same concern was raised quite some time back and such offers came under radar. Now these deliver boys zoom because they either want to make more money or because they always wanted to drive crazy.
These offer is still available but not during busy times. When you order the operator will tell you if the offer is not valid due to huge number of orders.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:39   #13
Team-BHP Support

Dominos India :: Disclaimer

Quote:
30 Minutes or Free
Orders of 4 or more pizzas qualify as bulk orders, not valid for service guarantee of less than 30 minutes or free. Maximum Domino's liability is Rs. 300. Delivery guarantee applicable at the first barrier point. Domino's does not penalize its drivers for late delivery. 30 minutes or free not applicable when store operating conditions or not suitable , to be announced at the time of order taking. Dominos Pizzas preserves the right to withdraw the service guarantee without prior information. 30 minuted delivery guarantee not applicable on New years eve,on Ganesh festival , Christmas and Durga Pooja , the service guarantee may be withdrawn temporarily in view of difficult operating conditions for delivery. Conditions apply.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

The entire thread looks like more or less stereotyping the pizza delivery guys, the same thing was done to cab drivers couple of years back, are cab drivers the only people who drive fast or rash? do all cab drivers drive fast and rash?

The 30 minutes nahin toh free is a marketing gimmic, no one else has anything like that, its not only because of good fleet of pizza dilevery boys but alos because of a lot of dominos arround, so the call usually reaches a call center and then the order is passed on to the nearest dominos joint.

We have a dominos joint in technopark, i live roughly 1.5 kms away from the main gate, once when i tried ordering the guy said it will take aproximately 45 minutes, i asked him what about your 30 minutes or free offer? he said only applicable in the city. So my point here is nuts and bolts how many times have you seen these boys driving fast and rash? and others who have made senseless comments like "a lot of people who work their have been wanting bikes from their childhood so that they can rev them up and zoom past people," i pity. Lets not start an unnecessary social out cry.

I liked what my friend did once in Delhi, he used to work for Aaj tak. I used to live very near to Bangla sahib gurudwara in Delhi, and there used to be a bunch of lunatics who used to come in bikes to show stunts on the streets every staterday early morning at 2-3ish, and to my disbelief infront of cops . Once my friend took a video of these guys, seeing my friend hold a camera these guys started showing off even more, thinking that they will come on tv(and they did), this was the time dhoom 2 was released. The next thing is i saw that video getting telcasted on Aaj Tak the next day and the cops got little serious, this video had this funny line when my friend asked a cop on camera why is he not stopping them, to that he said they abuse us .

Pramod
Old 27th October 2009, 19:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about other cities,but in chandigarh,delivery on 2 wheelers were banned,as the boxes on 2 wheelers were considerered to be illegal or something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks