Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 00:03   #16
BHPian

ya steeroid,
u cud have handled that with a bit more tract,punching him makes it look like u had the road rage.
I shd hope to avoid the likes of you on Indian roads.
Sorry abt that man, but i liked ur review of ur accent but this wasnt expected from my impression of you.
Old 24th February 2006, 00:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would have learnt some boxing techniques with him, if it were me.
Old 24th February 2006, 08:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Another easy way of claiming insurance is to say i hit a wall or a gate for minor dents or scratches but for major ones i think CREAM's idea is the best.

As for cops nothing works without influene.

Last week i was stopped for a routine check and i had everything in order(i.e. licence,r.c.card.PUC etc.) and he asked me to give him 100 bucks.When i asked what for he said that i had to pay up because my SEAT COVER was torn a bit.After arguing for 5 minutes I called up the comissioner of police (friend of my dad) and explained the whole situation to him. After the guy got a good scolding from the commissioner, he apologised and said that i should have told him that i knew the commisioner as soon as i was stopped.
Old 24th February 2006, 13:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
\Last week i was stopped for a routine check and i had everything in order(i.e. licence,r.c.card.PUC etc.) and he asked me to give him 100 bucks.When i asked what for he said that i had to pay up because my <b>SEAT COVER </b>was torn a bit.
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seat cover torn fine?????????? u shud have called up crazy_satan and asked him to punch the cop in the face

@crazy satan, nice job of punching him square in the face, someone try to run me over i'd do the same.
Old 24th February 2006, 14:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
ya steeroid, u cud have handled that with a bit more tract,punching him makes it look like u had the road rage.I shd hope to avoid the likes of you on Indian roads.Sorry abt that man, but i liked ur review of ur accent but this wasnt expected from my impression of you.
I don't think this qualifies as road rage. Man, somebody has indulged in not only reckless driving, but damaged your car and what should you do ? Show him the other mirror ? He deserved more than one punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seat cover torn fine?????????? u shud have called up crazy_satan and asked him to punch the cop in the face

@crazy satan, nice job of punching him square in the face, someone try to run me over i'd do the same.
i guess it was steroid who delivered the punch and not satan_crazy.
Old 24th February 2006, 15:36   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
Yeah, i got to know this only today when I had spoken to the dealer. He said that for small accidents or scratches, a complaint is not required. well, i learnt it the hard way. the dealer said it would cost around 1500 rupees for the repairs.

do you think i should claim insurance and miss out on the insurance bonus next year? or should i avoid the insurance claim? the thing is - it has only been a month since i got her, not quite sure if i'll have more scratches in the future (hopefully not).
You do not need to file FIR for such small time claims... And no, do not claim the insurance. Not immediately. Its not worth it. Your NCB will be much larger than this. I would suggest you hold on to that repair for a while. After 6-7 months your car would be through with all the major scratches, dents and nicks that it can catch. After that you go and claim the insurance. Of course it assumes two things, one is that since it takes all of us some time to get used to the new proportions of the car we get those scratches and dents in the intial period. Thereafter things settle down. So if that is the case you are better off holding on to that repair for a while. Secondly, if and when you claim it should all tie in... the damages need to be on the one side of the car unless it comes out as a major accident that damages the car from everywhere (god forbid).

I had a dent on the rear left door of my car within 1 month of buying it. It was looking ghastly and I wanted it rectified immediately. However the estimate to repair was coming to something around Rs3500. It was not worth claiming insurance (they would have paid some Rs.2500 for it). That was almost equal to my NCB. Also, the whole of the year was left. So got the accessory fitting guy (yes the car was that new) to just thump the panel from inside to straighten it up to a large extent. Also asked him to put a clip to hold the hanging rub-rail in place. Thereafter collected all the other scratches and nicks in the next 6 months. Once things settled down I went ahead and filed a claim. Estimate for all the damages together was some 8500 and I got paid 7k... so thats that.
Old 24th February 2006, 17:50   #22
BHPian

oops i meant steeroid instead of crazy_satan in post #19. my bad
Old 24th February 2006, 18:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well done Steeroid.

I think Steeroid did the right thing by smacking him one. I would have done something similar, but followed up with a few more punches, kicks, choke holds and any other moves I had seen on WWF wrestling in the 1980s. Just think what trauma his son could have gone through seeing that plonker trying to knock his dad over. We all know the law can be an ass and the only way to teach people like this Matiz driver a lesson is to give them a thrashing. Next time he thinks about rash driving he will remember the punch he received the last time.

One thing I do not understand about insurance in India is why you claim on your insurance when someone hits you. The normal thing in other countries is to get the other persons insurance details and get your insurance company to deal with the other parties insurance company. This should not even effect your no claims discount as it is a no fault claim. It rather defeats the purpose of third party insurance if you are never going to allow a third party to make a claim.
Old 24th February 2006, 18:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Steeroid, TVM to Cochin in 3 hours ? What were you driving and at what average speed ? My place is near Haripad which is sort of like midway between TVM and cochin and to either of these cities, it takes 2-3 hours. Atleast 2 hours, which would mean 4 hours for Cochin to TVM. The distance is like 300kms and if you do that in 3 hours, the average speed should be 100kmph. Don't know if Kerala roads/traffic allow that.
TVM-Cochin can be done in 3 hours if traffic is light. The distance is 225 kms from Vytilla (outskirts of Cochin) to Technopark (outskirts of TVM), so its not big deal.

I'm surprised it takes you 3 hours to get to Haripad from Cochin. Late TBHP member Philipkuttys used to do Cochin - Kumarakam in 45 minutes on a daily basis. Haripad cant be more than 1.5 hours from Cochin.
Old 24th February 2006, 18:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon
ya steeroid,
u cud have handled that with a bit more tract,punching him makes it look like u had the road rage.
I shd hope to avoid the likes of you on Indian roads.
Sorry abt that man, but i liked ur review of ur accent but this wasnt expected from my impression of you.
Not sure what sort of impression you got from that review, but if you smash my car or any part thereof after breaking the law, then run away without apologising and try to run me over, you definitely would want to avoid picking on the likes of me for such experiments.

I wouldnt encourage such behaviour on the road, but I do not believe in turning the other cheek to rogues. Or anyone else, for that matter. If the law wont help, you sometimes have to take matters into your hands.

Last edited by Steeroid : 24th February 2006 at 18:36.
Old 24th February 2006, 18:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Steeroid, I agree with your sentiments but sometimes its best to move on; what if the b****r had run you over????? Your family would have been the ones to suffer.

I have this habit of losing my cool when guys blatantly break traffic laws but I've been working on my temper cos u know what? Road rage is all over the place and you never know what the other guy's antecedents are. My wife tells me to cool off when I go overboard and I understand why these days - I mean here in delhi, every other guy probably packs an illegal weapon and would not hesitate to pull it on you and fire even though he knows HE's in the wrong.

So........take it easy, don't try to stop lunatics with your body, that's what I'd say.

Last edited by suman : 24th February 2006 at 18:53.
Old 24th February 2006, 19:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Not sure what sort of impression you got from that review, but if you smash my car or any part thereof after breaking the law, then run away without apologising and try to run me over, you definitely would want to avoid picking on the likes of me for such experiments.

I wouldnt encourage such behaviour on the road, but I do not believe in turning the other cheek to rogues. Or anyone else, for that matter. If the law wont help, you sometimes have to take matters into your hands.
I guess what you did was rite as sometimes the conscience pricks us forever if we dont react like that. As a last resort, if u feel that u can physically challenge someone if he isnt budging after committing such acts , i dont mind.

In ur case i feel it was justified whether ppl call me pro road rage or whatever. Nice to know that the local ppl helped u.

cheers
Old 24th February 2006, 19:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

Its good that the local people helped u out. Otherwise it better to just soak everyting that happened n move on. These guys would do anytin to get away, like even run u over or even blow ur brains off
Old 25th February 2006, 13:02   #29
BANNED

I think Steeroid did his best to play it right by going according to the law and calling the cops etc. But sometimes the circumstances call for some "extra-constitutional" action.

Just please, next time, whatever you do, don't stand in front of the car and give them a shot at you.
Old 25th February 2006, 13:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
road rage!!!!!!!

the matiz guy did make a mistake,but to get physical wasnt the right solution when u have a kid with u.
1. The Matiz guy made a series of mistakes.

2. My son sits in the back and notes traffic violations sometimes, pointing out the chaps who cross unbroken white lines, yellow lines and double yellow lines. He had pointed out the Matiz (much before the chap broke ranks) saying "he's got one wheel outside a DOUBLE yellow line!"

3. My son saw what happened. He also saw what the cops DIDNT do (as opposed to Dubai where he sees cops doing all the right things). He also saw the Matiz getting away. I would have been sending a VERY wrong message to a very impressionable kid if I had taken things lying around. Punching the chap wasnt the best thing to do, but justice had to be done and even more so because there was this kid who couldnt believe all that he'd just seen. I wouldnt want him to see his dad backing off to someone who's just made a series of mistakes.

4. Standing in front of his car would've been foolhardy if he had been doing some speed. He was just taking off, and by then I was livid and my conscience wouldnt allow me to let him get away. Its not something that I'd do every day, but conviction gives you courage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks