Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Panvel is not that bad a place. Anyway this incident actually got triggered at the entrance of the Expressway which is in Kalamboli. The complete stretch from Vashi to Panvel has vast stretches of unlit areas which during odd hours needs to be cautiously traversed.
The entrance to the Expressway near McDonalds is a dark patch relatively. Just dont understand why they cannot illuminate the area as the forking of the road to Panvel below the Expressway is confusing to people inexperienced with the area.
I am living in New Panvel for last 2 years and for normal law abiding people it has been generally peaceful living.
Yes, the case has also been registered in kalamboli police station. what you said is very true. the place is very deserted and its so dark. you will feel as if you are in some jungle where there is no facilities. i hate seeing such place that too near mumbai. the road near the exit below expressway is damn confusing.
this is the main area where these people are targetting outstation cars. i just thank god that they dint kill the driver.
the driver was in bad state till he reached the main road. he kept on running in the dark with no one to help.

i dont understant why dont police lay a trap. they should act like a confused commuter allow these people to get in the car and then shoot them.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

^^ They all are hand in glove my friend. I'm impressed by Mu Po for their face recognition etc. and identifying culprit.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^ They all are hand in glove my friend. I'm impressed by Mu Po for their face recognition etc. and identifying culprit.
they did this after a lot of pressure. it took 3 hours to create the sketch and match it.

i know one thing for sure. they have the caliber to nab any goon in mumbai. they have a strong network. but their hands are tied somewhere and they are many a times lethargic.
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
they did this after a lot of pressure. it took 3 hours to create the sketch and match it.

i know one thing for sure. they have the caliber to nab any goon in mumbai. they have a strong network. but their hands are tied somewhere and they are many a times lethargic.

Hi Amit, Sorry to hear your loss of the car. Hope things work out fine on insurance.

I somehow feel the car may have been disbanded by now or sent somewhere else by now as Kalamboli is also a place from where containers carry cars from Mumbai region to other cities across South India for transport/packers & movers etc.

I had twice been there on my way to Pune at 4 AM, its very dangerous with 16+ wheel trucks all besides me and me in my small santro. anything can happen there.

As for the police, I agree, they are not incapable, they just see how much do they work on a case. If they want to they can nab people from other states too, leave aside same city.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 3rd November 2009 at 16:03.
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I have come across a newsreport today in a Navi Mumbai supplement which has a stark coincidence with your news report which also happened on Sunday. Hey Mr. Amit - are you Gaurav Bohra a business man in Pune ??
The news report states that on Sunday a car was waylaid by 4 recovery agents of an agency because of non-payment of loan. The car belonged to a Pune businessman (not in the car) and was on its way back to Pune after dropping a relative. The driver was blocked by the guys on bikes and beaten up. They decamped with car and mobile. The driver's name is Khedekar. In the newsreport it is mentioned that the mobile police could get hold of the guys at Kharghar and arrested them. The car is recovered it seems. Seems so much of a coincidence on last Sunday !!
I too read this report and the first thought came to my mind was about this thread. Too many co-incidences to ignore. By the way have you managed to check with your driver's cell phone records. I still feel that there is something not quite correct about this whole incident. Generally area around Mcd's is quite crowded as there are people waiting at the start of expressway for buses to pune, bangalore etc. Also if the car stolen at gun point and the driver being beaten up, There are chances that somebody surely might have noticed it.

Hope you find the car asap.

Mansi
Old 3rd November 2009, 17:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
is there any such news in local mumbai newspapers?
No, it was on one of these major TV news channels.

But I guess this was the story of this 'Gaurav Bohra' - which is quite similiar to yours.

Btw, hope you have informed the Insurance folks already.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

insurance help

i needed a small guideline in the above matter.
i have got the FIR and i found that the police have written the value of the car as 2 lacs whereas on the insurance papers the IDV is 2.82 lacs.
will there be a problem in claim? how much will i get out of the 2.82 lacs idv?
shall i get the FIR changed??
Old 4th November 2009, 14:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

As per my knowledge, Insurance co. will go by the IDV mentioned in the current Insurance policy.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
i have got the FIR and i found that the police have written the value of the car as 2 lacs whereas on the insurance papers the IDV is 2.82 lacs.
The IDV value at the time of policy minus the depreciation since then, is what is generally used for payouts.

PM TBHP member rjvora_200. He has been providing good insights into the insurance area.
his profile = http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/rjvora_2000.html

Also see threads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...accident.html?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...accident.html?
Old 4th November 2009, 15:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to hear this Amit. Is your Indica a petrol ?

Seems like the driver is in the clear now. This is certainly not a robbery for making money out of the car. This looks like someone needed a car for a purpose.
Old 4th November 2009, 16:55   #71
BHPian

Amit, Hope you do not have any problems with the insurance.
Unfortunately looks like the car is now gone, best would be take care of the paperwork and move along. But do keep an eye on your driver's movements/phonecalls as some one said, he may well have been just an innocent victim but then he should not have been stopping for seats in the first place in your car.

esteem_lover it is a DLS ( Diesel) from his first post.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
PM TBHP member rjvora_200. He has been providing good insights into the insurance area.
his profile = http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/rjvora_2000.html
Thank you for this advice to him. I have been reply to him on my thread.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
3-4 men with guns. Gunned is not the right word.
1) 3-4 gunmen for a single Indica highjack.
2) Only Rs2000 out of Rs2500 stolen from your driver
3) Expressway end points at Mumbai (Panvel flyover) and Pune (Dehu road) both are busy end points. Suspicious to hear that 3-4 gunmen stopped a car, thrashed the driver and escaped... all this without a single passer by noticing or reacting.

If i was a carjacker the best place to steal one would be somewhere between two tollbooths. Perfectly isolated. Most of the robberies on the expressway have taken place there. Getting robbed at the expressway end sounds too convinient, easy access for the driver to go home afterwards

I guess the police questioning is the best. If you have registered your driver with your local police station then you may check with past records.

I am not alleging anything against your driver. However the circumstances sound very suspicious
Old 4th November 2009, 19:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please be aware that the insurance claim would be honoured only when the police has given you a 'vehicle untracable' certificate. That is given only after 6 months from your FIR date, assuming that your car has not been found, even in bits and peices.
Meanwhile if you are on EMI's, they will continue. The bank would stop them only when they get this certificate. The insurance company would give you money based on the IDV as on date of the untracable certificate.
Old 4th November 2009, 19:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Please be aware that the insurance claim would be honoured only when the police has given you a 'vehicle untracable' certificate. That is given only after 6 months from your FIR date, assuming that your car has not been found, even in bits and peices.
Meanwhile if you are on EMI's, they will continue. The bank would stop them only when they get this certificate. The insurance company would give you money based on the IDV as on date of the untracable certificate.
oh no this is a pain. but the claim settlement is done in max 90 days as told by icici lombard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks