Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Driver beaten and car stolen at Panvel! EDIT: Legal Opinion Needed

yesterday in a tragic incident when my driver had gone to drop some relatives in mumbai, while returning he was stopped at panvel just where the expressway ends by 3-4 gunned people.

he was thrashed and my car INDICA DLS dark bluish, cavern grey was snatched away from him.
the thing is my driver was so terrified that he was not able to utter a word. he was waiting at the police station and some person X from roadside called me and informed that "apke driver ko marke kuch log gadi churake bhag gaye hai."

now after interrogation with the driver the police are saying that the driver is not giving correct answers. he was taken to the hospital for medical treatment and bought back.

is anyone aware of such incidents occuring near panvel.
can someone please guide me what to do in such incident. what about insurance procedure.

i request all mumbaites if they see a pune passing MH14 BK 2848 cavern grey, the one with bluish tinch tata indica to please notify.

thanks to all in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Driver beaten and car stolen at Panvel! EDIT: Legal Opinion Needed-img_14487593822.jpg  

Driver beaten and car stolen at Panvel! EDIT: Legal Opinion Needed-img_14524366809.jpg  

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 2nd November 2009 at 09:38.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:37   #2
BANNED

Thats terrifying , is your driver OK now. You know how the Police will behave with your driver. Better you speak to him directly.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:42   #3
BHPian

oh god, that's really shocking. What did you driver says? Stealing the car was the only motive or they robbed money, cellphons etc from your driver? File an FIR and contact your insurance company with a copy of police report. Entire insurance process will take 6 to 8 months time.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Thats terrifying , is your driver OK now. You know how the Police will behave with your driver. Better you speak to him directly.
i have spoken with the driver 100 times. he is not ready to speak properly as to what has happened, where exactly it happened, how many people were there. either he is terrified or he has something on mind.
i never found anything suspicious about him ever. he is working with me for last 2-3 months.

he said he was robbed too, but when i checked his wallet he had 500 rs left out of 2500 rs which i had given him yesterday at around 2 before leaving. on questioning he is saying they took out only 2000 rs. thats why police are suspicious about him.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 2nd November 2009 at 09:45.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
he said he was robbed too, but when i checked his wallet he had 500 rs left out of 2500 rs which i had given him yesterday at around 2 before leaving. on questioning he is saying they took out only 2000 rs. thats why police are suspicious about him.
He needs to be interrogated properly. Police will only know how to.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:55   #6
BHPian

Sorry to hear about this incident, what time of the day did the incident take place? 3-4 Gunned men on an express way sounds very daring indeed.
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

3-4 gunmen for an Indica ? Please allow a thorough interrogation to be done by Police.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd November 2009 at 10:09.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:00   #8
BHPian

Report to the insurance company immediately within 7 days, otherwise they may not accept the claim.

IMHO, I feel something fishy about the driver. Try to find some history about him.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
3-4 gunned men for an Indica ? Please allow a thorough interrogation to be done by Police.
it happened exactly at 7.00 pm. other drivers were complaining that these kind of incidents are happening mostly with tavera and indicas where the drivers stop in between to pick up seats to earn some money while returning empty.

if at all i dont get my car back, how much amount will i get from insurance company? my car is just 1.2 years old.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 2nd November 2009 at 10:08.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
3-4 gunned men for an Indica ? Please allow a thorough interrogation to be done by Police.
3-4 men with guns. Gunned is not the right word.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
3-4 men with guns. Gunned is not the right word.
Sorry post edited to correct the typo.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:12   #12
BHPian

Why dont you register your vehicle with this site too...
Stolen Vehicles India - Website to track Stolen Vehicles in India
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:12   #13
BHPian

Sad to read this. Aren't those pics of your car in Post #1 (since they show as Xeta GLS, instead of DLS that you mentioned there)?
Agreeing with Rudra Sen. Guessing that the driver knows more than what he's told so far.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
He needs to be interrogated properly. Police will only know how to.
+1 to that.

Has the FIR been filed ?

In addition, you must inform Insurance company about this. They will tell you about the formalities. It will probably involve filling a claim form along with a "true copy" of FIR. It is usually a long drawn out procedure however you must inform the insurance company ASAP. Take two or three "true copies" of FIR from police station. You will need them.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

First time hearing such thing that too at Panvel expressway which is always busy with many vehicles. What time it happened ? How can one stop (even gunman) a speeding vehicle in the highway, unless the driver stopped the car. Had it been in the outskirts chances are there that road can be blocked and do these things ! Some one go to Panvel police station and monitor things without wasting any time.

Sorry for the incident.

Most Viewed