Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:03   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sad to hear this. Hope you get clear from this mess soon.

BTW, a sincere piece of advice. As opposite to what everyone here is saying about getting your car back. I suppose it'll be wiser to get rid of it as soon as you get it back if at all you do. I know, you stand to loose a lot of your hard earned money because you'll have to bear the first year depreciation but trust me, once a car's stolen, it isn't yours anymore. Only God knows what these thieves change or do to our beloved vehicles.

Even my dad's maruti (barely 2 year old then and run only 10k) was stolen. The police did manage to find the vehicle but the condition still gives me goosebumps. The right side of the car was as if it was from a war scene. The engine number, VIN numbers had been scratched off. We simply refused that this was 'our' car and took a claim from the insurance company instead (sure that wasn't cake walk wither).
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

update!

driver was interrogated. but he is innocent. he was damn terrified by the incident.

he stopped to pick up some customers. 2 guys with very good attire got in the car one was crying that is mother is admitted in alandi, pune and urgently drop us. then they said please take the car to a place and pick his brother too. as soon as his brother got in, he took out a gun and asked the driver to drive.
they took him to a deserted place where trucks were parked, took him behind the trucks and smashed him. he has wounds all over and his body is also swolen. then they asked him not to look behind otherwise they will shoot him.

then the disappeared with the car. then my driver started running behind them and reached the toll plaza. then one person called me and narrated the incident.

now the police experts are preparing a sketch of the suspects. the driver has very well registered their faces in his mind.

i think the chances of finding the car are now remote. this type of gangs must be very clever.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:16   #33
BANNED

High possibility it will be used for a bigger crime. The risks taken to rob the car are too high.

Sad thing to happen. Hope you get out of this soon. Best of Luck.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

this has become a very horrid experience for me now. i am unable to eat anything. i am having links with police dept. they are trying to help. but when there is a new group operating police are clueless.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:53   #35
BHPian

From your last update, the incident seems to have happened afer getting on the expressway as you say the driver chased them on foot upto toll after getting beaten up !! Something quite astounding. On the contrary is is mentioned that he was beaten up where trucks were parked. Trucks parking on the Expressway ???

If the incident happened at Panvel then definitly he cannot chase upto toll on foot !!

Incidentally I was passing in the opposite direction from Panvel to Kharghar and has passed through Expressway exit point around 7:00. The traffic in both directions was very heavy !!
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Damn thats sad to know Amit.

I hope this ordeal ends soon, All the Best.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:04   #37
BHPian

How did the "other" person get your contact details to call and inform you.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Why do I get a feel that the driver and the thugs know each other, may be they are not friends but aquantances. The robbery is not really a plot put together by the driver, he is just a part of the whole plot

BTW, how badly is he beaten up?
Any broken bones, stitches??
Any wound on sensitive spots like eyes, privates, head??
Check your drivers mobile fone, try calling back all the numbers...you might find local booth calls or suspective numbers switched off.

p.s: The 500 bucks was retained by the driver for his kharcha paani coz he doesnt know when theyre gonna give his share to him, rest he gave it to them so that it still looks like he was mugged

Last edited by The Wolf : 2nd November 2009 at 15:21.
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:41   #39
BHPian

My two pennies worth :

1. If you get your car, dispose it off as the robbers would have likely misused it, and then some.
2. It is difficult to put your faith on the description of the driver, whom you.ve known for only two-three months - ask the police to investigate his past
3. Moral of the story : do not stop on the Expressway to pick up passengers. Better still - do not stop at all, unless absolutely necessary ( such as a medical emergency).
4. Get your insurance company on the job by providing them all documents so that you get the IDV asap.

Regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

This is really scary news. Either your car must have must been used to committ some crimes (where guns were needed) or it was used as a getaway car. I pity your poor driver. I hope he recovers. He should be presumed innocent until evidence says otherwise. Good luck.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear this, and yes, I'm inclined to suspect theres more to this than meets the eye. However, you should be able to claim the insurance amount, even though it will take some time and you will lose some money on the whole affair.

Just goes to reinforce the point that you need to be extra cautious on the road. Keep your doors locked and try to avoid giving lifts if you are alone.

Hope your driver is not too badly injured.
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Either your car must have must been used to committ some crimes (where guns were needed) or it was used as a getaway car.
He has a police complaint registered so that should be sufficient as proof that the car was not in Amit's possession at the time of any crime associated with the car. So that way Amit should be safe. Only thing that matters is the timing of the complaint and crime if any. rear thing.
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Why do I get a feel that the driver and the thugs know each other, may be they are not friends but aquantances. The robbery is not really a plot put together by the driver, he is just a part of the whole plot

BTW, how badly is he beaten up?
Any broken bones, stitches??
Any wound on sensitive spots like eyes, privates, head??
Check your drivers mobile fone, try calling back all the numbers...you might find local booth calls or suspective numbers switched off.

p.s: The 500 bucks was retained by the driver for his kharcha paani coz he doesnt know when theyre gonna give his share to him, rest he gave it to them so that it still looks like he was mugged

no the driver is not involved. he is badly beaten up. the bone under is eyes is dislocated. his whole body is swolen.
the 500 rs were in front comp of the wallet and the rest in rear. they hurriedly took the notes out.

the sketch was drawn and was matched on computer. it belongs to a robber from SANPADA area. he is missing in 2-3 such dacoity cases. the police have informed all police stations. the driver immediately identified the person after the police showed him the original B&W photo.

i have also informed all toll nakas to notify me if they find any grey color suspicious indica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
How did the "other" person get your contact details to call and inform you.
the driver gave my card to the person. he was unable to talk.

now i am planning to get gsm based security system with tracker in all my cars.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 2nd November 2009 at 21:22.
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:53   #44
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear all this. I've seen 2 - 3 people trying to hitch a hike when I drove down the route on 4 occasions. I've never stopped. Used to feel bad that some poor guy is standing in the middle of nowhere. But didn't stop because he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. Thank god. It's a lesson. Anyway that apart, I wish you get the insurance procedures without much hassles. I'm pretty sure the stolen vehicle must have been used in a crime by now. Or even sold off at numerous second hand car bazaars that dot pune. But gun weilding goondas are a serious threat to security. My condolences to you on your car.
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:04   #45
BHPian

i have had a similar experience with one of my patients who is the driver cum owner of his t permit indica your driver may be telling the truth armed goons in that area are a known entity give him the benifit of doubt.
the guns are incidental and the indica is easier to dispose,may be your driver is yelling the truth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks