Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 23:17   #46
BHPian

A robber from Sanpada comes down to Panvel to steal an Indica. It beats my imagination but most probably he had studied the terrain well before carrying this out. A well-planned thing for sure with the two innocent looking guys crying over their hospitalized mom and all. One thing, the Mumbai police can certainly apprehend this guy if some pressure is applied through any political or administrative contacts. Do you happen to know any MLA / minister / IAS / IPS close to Mumbai or lets say somewhere in Maharashtra?
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
i have had a similar experience with one of my patients who is the driver cum owner of his t permit indica your driver may be telling the truth armed goons in that area are a known entity give him the benifit of doubt.
the guns are incidental and the indica is easier to dispose,may be your driver is yelling the truth.
No, the driver is not involved i.e. he is a victim not a thief as set out in the post quoted below. I am happy that the cloud of suspicion has been lifted off the poor chap. It must have been quite traumatic to have the needle of suspicion pointing at him in addition to the harrowing experience he had been through with the robbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
no the driver is not involved. he is badly beaten up. the bone under is eyes is dislocated. his whole body is swolen.
the 500 rs were in front comp of the wallet and the rest in rear. they hurriedly took the notes out.

the sketch was drawn and was matched on computer. it belongs to a robber from SANPADA area. he is missing in 2-3 such dacoity cases. the police have informed all police stations. the driver immediately identified the person after the police showed him the original B&W photo.

now i am planning to get gsm based security system with tracker in all my cars.
The security system sounds like a good idea. Please post details here for the benefit of all members.

Cheers,
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Very unfortunate incident, amit.

I hope you get your car back in one piece and these idiots are caught.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:19   #49
BHPian

@ Amit,
There was some 'news' last night on one of the channels that a stolen indica car at navi mumbai had been found. Just got a glimpse and did not manage to get the whole story.

Is that yours ???
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

^^ Wow that'll be great! Where are you Amit ??
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:14   #51
BHPian

I have come across a newsreport today in a Navi Mumbai supplement which has a stark coincidence with your news report which also happened on Sunday. Hey Mr. Amit - are you Gaurav Bohra a business man in Pune ??
The news report states that on Sunday a car was waylaid by 4 recovery agents of an agency because of non-payment of loan. The car belonged to a Pune businessman (not in the car) and was on its way back to Pune after dropping a relative. The driver was blocked by the guys on bikes and beaten up. They decamped with car and mobile. The driver's name is Khedekar. In the newsreport it is mentioned that the mobile police could get hold of the guys at Kharghar and arrested them. The car is recovered it seems. Seems so much of a coincidence on last Sunday !!
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:21   #52
BHPian

From the recent updates, its appears to be a clear case of highway robbery. Good that this is now established so that help can be tendered to the driver who is also a sufferring party in this.

Robbery is actually not very uncommon on the Panvel-Pune stretch. I remember reading of quite a few incidents involving local fellas putting big stones on the expressway which unsuspecting passengers would bang into and then the locals would rob them.This used to happen initially when the expressway had opened for business. Not very sure if it persists today also, although many dark strteches are there on the expressway while driving at night and people are often not bothered to stop and ask why a car is parked in the corner.

Panvel is a notorious place so definitely not a place to halt. As hinted earlier the hitch lead to a pinch.

If the car gets stolen better to forget it and move on. I have seen a car get ripped out in pieces for parts at the Kurla Kalina automobile vendor area in 5 minutes flat. But yes, for a man car comes pretty high in attachment sometimes much more than a wife/girl friend

@amit, take the IDV based insurance value and buy a new car. Do post the details of the security system. I hear MicroVBB is doing a good job. But then battery disconnected does make things difficult.
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Hey Mr. Amit - are you Gaurav Bohra a business man in Pune ??
No, he is not Gaurav Bohra. It is just a coincidence that same type of incidence had happened on same day.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

This is real shocking. I never knew panvel is so bad place.
Get the insurance claim and forget the incident. i hope you have done the background check of the driver.
If possible visit his place and family, it will either clear your mind of him and make him feel better or show up some clues to wrong doing.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

Amit....This is shocking man
Let me know if you need any help

Quote:
now i am planning to get gsm based security system with tracker in all my cars.
Rather than GSM based, go for GPS based

iTrack No.1 GPS Tracking, Vehicle Tracking, Fleet Management & Security System in India

Pune
Mr. CD Amondikar
Mobile: +91 98 238 59567
E-Mail : cdamondikar@itrackindia.com
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday in a tragic incident when my driver had gone to drop some relatives in mumbai, while returning he was stopped at panvel just where the expressway ends by 3-4 gunned people.
I happen to be returning to Bbay from Pune on 1st Nov, in my Indica Turbo,which incidently is the same color as your car - Cavern Grey.

Passed kharghar-CBD-Panvel-Vashi stretch between 7:15 & 7:45pm.

No real hungama on road with well-flowing traffic.

If there were 3-4 gun men on the route - there must be atleast some commotion - which wasnt there.

Kindly ensure to get the police to do a thorough investigation - just some friendly advice.

Best of luck and hope you get you car back, intact.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
@ Amit,
There was some 'news' last night on one of the channels that a stolen indica car at navi mumbai had been found. Just got a glimpse and did not manage to get the whole story.

Is that yours ???
is there any such news in local mumbai newspapers?

no i dint recieve any such information from police. i have used all my jack. the police got frustrated on me and started saying " how much pressure will you put on me now".
they have circulated the sketch all over and informed all police station and personnels over the wireless. we have contacted all the toll nakas too.

i am damn frustrated. this incident is crapping all my mind. just 2 days back i fitted ampli, new horn etc on this car.
this car was gifted to my sister.

we have informed almost all travel agencies, across airport and in-between.

i am clueless as to what will happen next.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 3rd November 2009 at 13:02.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:09   #58
BHPian

Dear Amit- Two things can work.

1) Sheer luck- have described a story of how a mumbai scorpio was stolen and taken to hyderabad and used with a police placard, till one observed the no. on etched glass and the plate. He luckily got it back.

2) Connections- please use all the possible connections in the police at pune end and let it percolate to navi mumbai police. they are hopelessly lazy, have faced it. Also informers in CST rd and Chor bazaar could help, thats atleast i would do.

the first 24 hrs are crucial, I know a story of a friend whose pulsar 220 was stolen from Colaba. Police sources told that after 24hrs the existence of bike is doubtful.

Anyways best of luck.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

i think they might have taken the car to some neighboring state either gujrat, surat or might be goa.

the name of the person identified is Mansood, and he stays in sanpada.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
This is real shocking. I never knew panvel is so bad place.
Panvel is not that bad a place. Anyway this incident actually got triggered at the entrance of the Expressway which is in Kalamboli. The complete stretch from Vashi to Panvel has vast stretches of unlit areas which during odd hours needs to be cautiously traversed.
The entrance to the Expressway near McDonalds is a dark patch relatively. Just dont understand why they cannot illuminate the area as the forking of the road to Panvel below the Expressway is confusing to people inexperienced with the area.
I am living in New Panvel for last 2 years and for normal law abiding people it has been generally peaceful living.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks