Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 19:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
oh no this is a pain. but the claim settlement is done in max 90 days as told by icici lombard.
Yes sir! What they conviniently forget to tell you is : 90 days after police formalities. The 90 days is their processing time, not including the time police will spend (6 months), in trying to search for your car.
Old 16th November 2009, 21:35   #77
BHPian

Any updates

Hi Amit,

Wanted to check if you have any updates regarding your car that was stolen.
Was your driver really innocent?
Did the cops manage to find your car? if not
Any update on the insurance part?

Please update the thread & let us know.
Old 16th November 2009, 21:48   #78
MX6
Senior - BHPian

yes. we are all eager to know that things are going on right direction. Every indica I see, I recollect your post.
Old 16th November 2009, 23:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, no information from police yet. whenever i call them they keep on telling me that one gang has been arrested and some cars have been found. but the cars are at various locations, one in surat one in goa etc etc.

meanwhile i am having tough times with the most pathetic ICICI.
after registering the claim they dint even bother to call me back, no surveyor appointed.
then i called the service manager and 10 more people. finally landed up calling a lady to know that she is enjoying her holiday at home and i shall call up the next day.

then she gave me a long list of documents to be collected. i think almost 17 documents.

last Thursday i went to inform the RTO. its mandatory to get a RTO intimation report from them. to my luck this was a breeze. the RTO officer immediately signed the document and asked me to collect the report after 8 days.

still i havent heard from ICICI till date. i know i am going to have tough time.
Old 16th November 2009, 23:35   #80
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I guess if the theives read what you are undergoing with the police and ICICI folks, they might feel very bad and return you car and also compensate you. Even theives might reform I guess.

All the best.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
then she gave me a long list of documents to be collected. i think almost 17 documents.
I am not trying to defend the insurance company but this is a normal list of document which you need to give to insurance company.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

I suspect the driver's involvement in the robbery or it could be that the car was taken for a purpose. They don't seem to be normal robbers.

Whats the state of your driver now? Is he still in hospital?
Old 17th November 2009, 12:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I suspect the driver's involvement in the robbery or it could be that the car was taken for a purpose. They don't seem to be normal robbers.

Whats the state of your driver now? Is he still in hospital?
he is fine now. all interrogation has been done. he is not involved. police say that this kind of incidents are very common in panvel area.
the driver is not ready to work now. he says he will quit driving and do farming. he is terrified by the incident.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

as per the icici requirement i have submitted all the 18 documents.

the surveyor took the drives statement as well as wittnesses etc etc.
not a person from icici lombard calls me and says in FIR its mentioned that driver demanded 800 rs to drop those people to pune.

he is saying that since its mentioned that its commercially used the claim might get rejected. what the hell, what do i do if driver demands 5rs or 10rs or 1lac rs to give a lift?

guys please help me whats the catch in this? its very much personal car of mine.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Not surprising, considering ICICI's reputation. If they reject, then I guess your only options are the Ombudsman and the consumer court.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he is saying that since its mentioned that its commercially used the claim might get rejected. what the hell, what do i do if driver demands 5rs or 10rs or 1lac rs to give a lift?

guys please help me whats the catch in this? its very much personal car of mine.
Exactly that's not your problem!!!

If your driver has demanded X amount that's not your problem!!!

Why your claim has to be rejected?

Icici and their rejections reason... God bless.

My simple and short advice would be the Insurance Ombudsmen, please get the details of the same and act accordingly as soon as you receive a letter from them.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

It is your car, registered in your name and insurance taken in your name?
and the car has been stolen or damaged-whatever may be reason.
imo, ICICI is wrong in calling that the car is commercially used? if you have to use the car for commercial purpose then you need a permit from RTO for that purpose?

I think ICICI is trying their usual trick to avoid paying compensation?

Take up the issue with higher level and make sure that all correspondences are recorded i.e keep it all in writing (phone conversations will not come as a proof in the later stage, if it required)- All the best.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

now they have asked me to submit a new drivers statement. the manager named Nikhil Shinde from icici lombard mumbai called me up and said that in FIR its written that driver demanded 800rs i.e its commercial. and in drivers statement its no where mentioned its 800rs. please give a new drivers statement stating that he demanded 800rs otherwise your statements stand contradictory and claim will get rejected.

i am totally pissed off now. guys please help me. shall i again submit the drivers statement or he is using some antics on me?
Old 10th December 2009, 16:52   #89
Senior - BHPian

Don't do that. I am sure it is a trick.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now they have asked me to submit a new drivers statement. the manager named Nikhil Shinde from icici lombard mumbai called me up and said that in FIR its written that driver demanded 800rs i.e its commercial. and in drivers statement its no where mentioned its 800rs. please give a new drivers statement stating that he demanded 800rs otherwise your statements stand contradictory and claim will get rejected.

i am totally pissed off now. guys please help me. shall i again submit the drivers statement or he is using some antics on me?
They are harassing you. What they are doing is they are asking you to give you a statement in which

1. If you say he has taken money then they will reject the claim.
2. If you say he has not taken any money then they will say FIR and your statement is contradicting then also they will reject your claim.

Please get some legal advice before giving them this thing in writing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks