Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 13:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the coment good to know i wasn't wrong.
Old 5th November 2009, 13:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Karan, you did absolutely right by slowing down and checking his speed and then decided to overtake since there was no other traffic on either sides.

Btw, just a point to be noted, when an ambulance plies on the road doesnt mean there is a dying patient inside or he rushing to meet one. You just need to use your head like you did and overtake if he is not in a tearing rush
Old 30th August 2010, 14:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Pretty common thing here in Houston. There are some morons who think that a rushing ambulance is their best bet of getting out of the clogged traffic, and if I'm not mistaken on one occassion, a lady in a pick up truck rear ended an ambulance(on an emergency trip, ie) as she was trying to keep up with the ambulance and get through the downtown area.
Others usually follow the van, but keep a safe distance.
Nitin, I heard (from some of my friends) that in the US, you are supposed to move to the side and stop your vehicle if you hear an ambulance approaching. It seems slowing down for letting the ambulance overtake you, is not enough. Is this true?
Old 30th August 2010, 14:56   #19
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Yes. The law in Florida is that you pull over to the side and stop. If you can't pull over, atleast stop whereever you are. The ambulance would find it's way around you.
I've stopped in the middle of junctions as well (ideally you cross over the junction, pull over and stop) when I heard ambulance sirens. Thankfully, all vehicles stopped too.

Most Viewed