Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 20:20   #1501
Senior - BHPian

re: Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai

I was following you from Teynampet to Kotturpuram signal, passed you after the signal and was driving along until TIDEL.

Yeah, sold the 1.6S and bought the Jazz. Sold the Jazz and was looking at buying a Laura, the Skoda dealer did the right thing of showing his arrogance and keeping me away from a Skoda, now trying to bring back a 1.6S
Old 22nd December 2012, 09:42   #1502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
If you don't mind paying, I would suggest the chennai bypass road to reach tambaram. From there, you can take either the velachery main road or the pallikaranai 100 ft road to reach thoraipakkam.
Thanks,I seriously contemplated that.But that route comes close to 45kms as opposed to 25kms that I would travel if I went via the TNagar-A.U route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I have no idea about the Mogappair - NMRoad stretch since its been a long time I went that side, but the rest of your route is what I do daily to work and back. So here's how I do it.
Thanks,I tried the same TNagar-A.U route while returning on Monday and decided it was not worth it driving in traffic all alone.I have direct MTC A/C buses to commute so I'm happy travelling by them.It's just for another month!!

If I'm not wrong yours is a Baleno right??Is your office at ASV Thoraipakkam by any chance??

Buses were choked yesterday evening.I could stand only near the front door yesterday at 5 15 in the evening.Christmas cum Friday rush choked all buses yesterday evening!!
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:32   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix
I was following you from Teynampet to Kotturpuram signal, passed you after the signal and was driving along until TIDEL.
Oh, OK. We should have caught up for a brief tea-kadai-dum meet enroute. Anyway next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI
If I'm not wrong yours is a Baleno right??Is your office at ASV Thoraipakkam by any chance??
Yes, it's a black BalenoLxi and I am at ASV-Suntech. You also in that complex ? Which car ? I keep seeing a teal-blue SwiftVxiAbs and a wine-red Alto in the basement parking with tbhp stickers.
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:35   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
wine-red Alto in the basement parking with tbhp stickers.
Does this wine red Alto have Air Force Stickers also ? If so then it is my cousins alto. He took a bunch of Team- Bhp stickers from me.
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:38   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's a black BalenoLxi and I am at ASV-Suntech. You also in that complex ? Which car ? I keep seeing a teal-blue SwiftVxiAbs and a wine-red Alto in the basement parking with tbhp stickers.
I shall be working from that complex for the next one month.Mine is a non-stickered Sandrift Grey Cruze.I have spotted your car in the past.

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:51   #1506
Senior - BHPian

May be just do a new trend of chai time bhp connect....around OMR,Adyar or some place. Chose a good coffee "kadai" on the road side for sutta and chai.
Old 24th December 2012, 10:21   #1507
BHPian

There was no traffic this morning. I guess this because of the long vacation. It was a relaxed drive and most of the people drove well today. No honking and nothing. It just took me 15 mins to reach DLF IT park from Adyar.
Old 24th December 2012, 10:26   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Oh yeah, chai & sutta stop/meet would be great! I usually stop at the shop opposite Anna library after Kotturpuram signal.

Lets plan in the new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
May be just do a new trend of chai time bhp connect....around OMR,Adyar or some place. Chose a good coffee "kadai" on the road side for sutta and chai.
Quote:
Oh, OK. We should have caught up for a brief tea-kadai-dum meet enroute. Anyway next time.
Old 24th December 2012, 10:46   #1509
Senior - BHPian

There was a big traffic jam right from hotel Airway Drive-in, while coming towards Guindy this morning. Moved very slowly till Meenambaakkam railway station, where shops and buildings encroaching upon the road were being demolished by three bulldozers, under a huge police presence. Road was clear after that point.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:38   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
There was a big traffic jam right from hotel Airway Drive-in, while coming towards Guindy this morning. Moved very slowly till Meenambaakkam railway station, where shops and buildings encroaching upon the road were being demolished by three bulldozers, under a huge police presence. Road was clear after that point.
Caught up in the same traffic jam Gansan sir. after crossing the encroachment areas, the road was too free from traffic because of the long vacation. Took me under 10 mins to reach DLF IT Park from that point.
Old 24th December 2012, 14:02   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

I actually got up and went out* yesterday (Sunday) morning. Left Palavakkam at 8.03 and parked in a side street near the Music Academy at 8.33! What a treat that drive was!

*(friends here know that doing this in the a.m. is something of an accomplishment for me. I have actually made it to a couple of morning concerts this season)
Old 25th December 2012, 21:45   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon
Does this wine red Alto have Air Force Stickers also ? If so then it is my cousins alto. He took a bunch of Team- Bhp stickers from me.
Not sure about the AF stickers (will check next time), but this IIRC is lady-driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
May be just do a new trend of chai time bhp connect around OMR,Adyar or some place. Chose a good coffee "kadai" on the road side for sutta and chai.
Good idea since we have quite some folks on OMR. The CCD at Perungudi just before the toll (when coming from TIDEL) is a sleepy joint and should be a good place and has lots of parking space. Or even some tea-shop on OMR with ample parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix
Oh yeah, chai & sutta stop/meet would be great! I usually stop at the shop opposite Anna library after Kotturpuram signal.
Ha, I too stop there occasionally for a tea/sutta. Lots of parking, trees providing shade from the sun, and the library building is a treat for the eyes. I used to catch up with tbhp-ian Subbu (black Civic, ex-Baleno) there - he stays at Kotturpuram and used to stop there in the mornings on his way to work.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:26   #1513
BHPian

Post Christmas celebrations Arcot Road was a breeze. Surprisingly no traffic upto T-nagar. And what a cool pleasant morning. Why does Christmas come only once a year?
Old 28th December 2012, 14:39   #1514
BHPian

Yesterday I saw a Blue-Grey KA-XX-33-XXXX WagonR sporting T-bhp stickers. But the stickers was pasted on the rear fender corners, presumably to hide some serious damages in those areas.

Being part of this group I felt cheated and let down by someone who uses the group's stickers this way. Most of us I guess use them to show our affiliation with car-passionate folks.

I wish the petrol head who uses the car would take them off and get his fenders painted rather than stick "TEAM BHP", LIVE CARS, LOVE CARS", etc.

All the way from T-nagar to K.K.nagar I followed the car trying to overtake and tell the chap. But I finally gave in to traffic. If the gent is on this forum, I would request again.

Mods - what is your take on this?
Old 4th January 2013, 11:59   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI
I shall be working from that complex for the next one month.Mine is a non-stickered Sandrift Grey Cruze.
Spotted you driving out of the basement parking @ ASV yesterday a little after 5PM in the Cruze with a passenger in the front seat.

Most Viewed